[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

I tried adding a debian mirror to the ubuntu docker but it still failed.

I was also looking through the folder lists in the docker and the only pl;ace debian appears in the path is this:

/debian-mirror/data/mirror/ftp.us.debian.org/

vs the ubuntu is this:

/debian-mirror/data/mirror/archive.ubuntu.com/

Is this what you are referring to when you say it looks for debian folder name?

1 hour ago, TexasUnraid said:

Just checked it and There are not any debian mirrors now and I don't think I modified the mirror.list file since I started the docker.

Maybe you've edited the mirror.list and after that the cron job executed and the files for Ubuntu where fetched.

51 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

I tried adding a debian mirror to the ubuntu docker but it still failed.

Yes, that won't work, I've also said it the other way around, that you should add it to your existing Debian mirror container.

Anyways, I've gone through the code and that isn't a good idea either because it won't show up in the web server but the data would be there.

51 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

Is this what you are referring to when you say it looks for debian folder name?

No, as said before this container is designed for Debian and not for Ubuntu.

I have to create a new container to support Ubuntu properly, this won't work properly until it is customized for Ubuntu because I've designed this specific container (Debian-APT-Mirror) only for Debian.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Maybe you've edited the mirror.list and after that the cron job executed and the files for Ubuntu where fetched.

Yes, that won't work, I've also said it the other way around, that you should add it to your existing Debian mirror container.

Anyways, I've gone through the code and that isn't a good idea either because it won't show up in the web server but the data would be there.

No, as said before this container is designed for Debian and not for Ubuntu.

I have to create a new container to support Ubuntu properly, this won't work properly until it is customized for Ubuntu.

Ok, no worries, was not aware there was some custom poop going on in the background, thought it was just apt-mirror in docker format and could be used for anything lol.

An ubuntu docker would be cool, I use it mostly because ubuntu is so universal and anytime you need to search something, it is usually ubuntu that has the answer.

Let me know if you decide to make a docker for it.

Just now, TexasUnraid said:

Ok, no worries, was not aware there was some custom poop going on in the background, thought it was just apt-mirror in docker format and could be used for anything lol.

If it was a simple apt-mirror then the name would be APT-Mirror, I thought the name should imply that it is a Debian mirror.

1 minute ago, TexasUnraid said:

Let me know if you decide to make a docker for it.

Yes, but it will take maybe some time because I have to deal with a lot of things in real life currently.

1 minute ago, TexasUnraid said:

An ubuntu docker would be cool, I use it mostly because ubuntu is so universal and anytime you need to search something, it is usually ubuntu that has the answer.

Even if Ubuntu has the answer and is even more popular I prefer Debian over it all the time because I've had to deal with a lot of issues with Ubuntu and Debian just works and has the latest fixes too.

But the distribution choice is always up to the individual user and preference. ;)

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

If it was a simple apt-mirror then the name would be APT-Mirror, I thought the name should imply that it is a Debian mirror.

it did but seeing as ubuntu is based on deb I just kinda assumed it was just a case of the default settings were setup for debian and not hard coded stuff deeper down lol.

Like I said, no worries either way, you make good dockers.

You said about that if I added the ubuntu sources to the debian docker they would download properly but not be available on the server?

If I was to do that would I be able to download everything now and then just move the files over to the new folder once you get an ubuntu docker running? Or would it cause issues if I tried to move them later?

Figure might save me some time later, reorganizing my server and trying to figure out how much space to allocate to different things now.

52 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

You said about that if I added the ubuntu sources to the debian docker they would download properly but not be available on the server?

Don't do that, I've gone through the code and this will even cause issues on your existing Debian mirror... ;)

Hi,

first of all. Thank you for your work. I use a lot of your plugin's and Container's.

Currently i'm trying to route the network traffic of your firefox and jdownloader container through

the Gluetun container. I do that with:

Extra Parameters: --net=container:gluetunvpn
Network Type: None

The Problem is that both container try to listen on port 5900 for the VNC-Server. So the container

which is up at first can start normally. 

Is there a way to change that port? This maybe a stupid question because this isn't the right way to do it any way.

But i'm pretty new to unraid and docker so that was the first idea which came to my mind.

6 hours ago, Orkopaede said:

Is there a way to change that port? This maybe a stupid question because this isn't the right way to do it any way.

may try add 2 anv variables to the 2nd docker with other ports, also dont forget to add these ports then to your vpn docker

RFB_PORT   5901
NOVNC_PORT 8081

image.png.8050ba9bad56c4507be063ee8ac9914b.png

this should change the listening ports on jdownloader2 as sample ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HeyHo,

just wanted to ask here because I cant talk to tpill90 within Discord (# Info missing). Did you / him fixed the probleme where SteamPreFill always loads the game completly fresh? For me it nevers uses the lancache / not just update the game itself. Always a complete redownload of the whole games.

Would be nice to know if I missed something. nslookup for nearly all tested domains give my lancache ip back. The cache is filling but I think itll overfill overtime because as mentioned it redownloads the game completely.

1 hour ago, RiDDiX said:

Did you / him fixed the probleme where SteamPreFill always loads the game completly fresh?

Yes, my first issue was solved with one of the previous updates so that it loads now from lancache instead every time from the Internet.

However I've had a nice chat back and forth with tpill90 and he said that is by design that it always pulls the full game on a update but it should download the already existing parts from the cache and the update then from the Internet <- this is working for me and was not working before for me.

1 hour ago, RiDDiX said:

The cache is filling but I think itll overfill overtime because as mentioned it redownloads the game completely.

This is a thing that I can't answer and you have to look into if that's the case on your system. I've set the lancache now to 3TB and prefill always loads the parts which already downloaded from the Internet and available on the lancache from lancache and the rest from the Internet.

Have you already seen the container that I've did in the CA App? LANCache-Prefill? Try it with this but read the description please carefully if you want to try it (also at the variables because some things are in there how to configure things).

15 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes, my first issue was solved with one of the previous updates so that it loads now from lancache instead every time from the Internet.

However I've had a nice chat back and forth with tpill90 and he said that is by design that it always pulls the full game on a update but it should download the already existing parts from the cache and the update then from the Internet <- this is working for me and was not working before for me.

This is a thing that I can't answer and you have to look into if that's the case on your system. I've set the lancache now to 3TB and prefill always loads the parts which already downloaded from the Internet and available on the lancache from lancache and the rest from the Internet.

Have you already seen the container that I've did in the CA App? LANCache-Prefill? Try it with this but read the description please carefully if you want to try it (also at the variables because some things are in there how to configure things).

Hm. I used your container since yesterday. First I just downloaded the PreFill-executables from the github directly into the lancache container.

Ill start now fresh. I removed the cache completely and now I redownload everything. I hope this may fix it. Because it is a mess, when my Internet Speed is just used for the lancache prefill stuff when it downloads everything again and again.

3 minutes ago, RiDDiX said:

Ill start now fresh. I removed the cache completely and now I redownload everything. I hope this may fix it. Because it is a mess, when my Internet Speed is just used for the lancache prefill stuff when it downloads everything again and again.

This shouldn't happen.

But please make sure that you also specify the --dns parameter in your Extra Parameters from the template with your IP address from the LANCache-DNS server, with this you make sure that it doesn't download everything again from the Internet.

Also make sure that you put the Prefill container on the same Docker network as the LANCache-DNS.

Please report back if everything is working for you or not, really curious...

6 hours ago, alturismo said:

may try add 2 anv variables to the 2nd docker with other ports, also dont forget to add these ports then to your vpn docker

RFB_PORT   5901
NOVNC_PORT 8081

image.png.8050ba9bad56c4507be063ee8ac9914b.png

this should change the listening ports on jdownloader2 as sample ...

Hi,

and thank you for the help. This worked for me.

I guess i have to look for a good for a good tutorial to get a better understanding for Docker and all this

configuration options. For example this:

grafik.thumb.png.1b695646993c8b36683bf00865c93852.png

i guess "noVNC WebGUI" is to open the network path and "NOVNC_PORT" is to tell the contain to route vnc to the port.?

So "NOVNC_PORT" is a Container or Docker specific Command?

But that probably a question for a different thread/topic.

1 minute ago, Orkopaede said:

I guess i have to look for a good for a good tutorial to get a better understanding for Docker and all this

Not really because I've only built this option into my container for such a use case like you have here and that it is a bit more flexible <- by default this option isn't in there because it's a real niche use case.

2 minutes ago, Orkopaede said:

So "NOVNC_PORT" is a Container or Docker specific Command?

Container.

This is only there to change the port inside the container.

2 minutes ago, Orkopaede said:

i guess "noVNC WebGUI" is to open the network path and "NOVNC_PORT" is to tell the contain to route vnc to the port.?

Not really, the noVNC WebGUI is just the port which is opened/exposed so that you can actually open http://CONTAINERIP:PORT, if this is not in you even can't communicate with the container. In simpler terms this is a mapping from the port 8081 in the container to 8081 on the host.

In your case you have to create both Variables as @alturismo pointed out above for one from my containers (doesn't matter which one) because you are using two of my VNC containers within one Docker and you can't use the same port at the same time <- you can compare this like if you are using two applications on the same computer which both of which want to use one specific port and that's simply not possible.

So I would recommend that you create in the Firefox template a variable with the Key: NOVNC_PORT and as Value: 8081 and also another Variable with the Key: RFB_PORT and as Value: 5091 (the RFB_PORT is the VNC server inside the container which needs also to be changed).

After that you have to create a port mapping in your GlutenVPN container for jDownloader as TCP with Container port: 8080 and Host port: WHATEVERYOUWANT (eg: 8091) and a second one for Firefox as TCP with Container port: 8081 and Host port: WHATEVERYOUWANT (eg: 8092) -> then you should be able to connect to the jDownloader container by: GLUTENVPNIP:8091/vnc.html?autoconnect=true and the Firefox container GLUTENVPNIP:8092/vnc.html?autoconnect=true

Hope that makes somewhat sense to you

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This shouldn't happen.

But please make sure that you also specify the --dns parameter in your Extra Parameters from the template with your IP address from the LANCache-DNS server, with this you make sure that it doesn't download everything again from the Internet.

Also make sure that you put the Prefill container on the same Docker network as the LANCache-DNS.

Please report back if everything is working for you or not, really curious...

I did. I readed everything carefully and set everything the right way up. --restart=unless-stopped --dns=192.XXX.XXX.XXX (Just as mask I dont X the ip within the parameters xD)

1 minute ago, RiDDiX said:

I did. I readed everything carefully and set everything the right way up. --restart=unless-stopped --dns=192.XXX.XXX.XXX (Just as mask I dont X the ip within the parameters xD)

Nice, maybe something changes in the container to make it even more easy to use but nothing that would change anything significantly to it already works.

What do you think about it, is it relatively easy to use?

Just now, ich777 said:

Nice, maybe something changes in the container to make it even more easy to use but nothing that would change anything significantly to it already works.

What do you think about it, is it relatively easy to use?

Your container cleaned my mess xD It works flawlessly beside my problem with the redownloads. 
I hope now that I fixed my redownload bug.

It works as excepted and really nice. I also like the fact, that the Docker "View Log" show the actual downloads.

steamcache.thumb.jpg.df2e8b7ec4101b0da9af58ca87c7282b.jpg

This is just nice. Also that you included that we are able to set up parameters directly for the Steam-/BattleNet-Prefillers within the Docker template.

May I just want to say thank you for all your work (Nvidia Plugins, Dockers and so on). Appriciate it and love to use them.

I am still nearly new to docker and the templates within Unraid. So I love it when someone did the trick 🙂

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, RiDDiX said:

Your container cleaned my mess xD It works flawlessly beside my problem with the redownloads. 
I hope now that I fixed my redownload bug.

It works as excepted and really nice. I also like the fact, that the Docker "View Log" show the actual downloads.

steamcache.thumb.jpg.df2e8b7ec4101b0da9af58ca87c7282b.jpg

This is just nice. Also that you included that we are able to set up parameters directly for the Steam-/BattleNet-Prefillers within the Docker template.

May I just want to say thank you for all your work (Nvidia Plugins, Dockers and so on). Appriciate it and love to use them.

I am still nearly new to docker and the templates within Unraid. So I love it when someone did the trick 🙂

To say something more. I added ipv6 to all of my lancache dockers (dns and normal lancache) within the Extra Parameters and for my router. Because I found that without ipv6 my xbox'ses and Windows Systems with GamePass arent downloading at all.

May I did something wrong with the offical lancache Docker because my folders are owned by "sshd". Maybe this is a problem?

Maybe we could chat within Discord or something? PM me when ok. Even when not it is also ok xD

Edited by RiDDiX

Thank you for the explanations.

Not really because I've only built this option into my container for such a use case like you have here and that it is a bit more flexible <- by default this option isn't in there because it's a real niche use case.

So for the next time. Is there a way for me to look for these options?

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Hope that makes somewhat sense to you

Yes, i mean it's working. I think we will see next time i have a problem. ;)

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Orkopaede said:

If you go through the code… :)

I don‘t expose/mention these variables or better speaking don‘t put it in the template to avaid confusion.

The last time I needed them was about two years ago because a user had a similar use case, again, this is a very niche use case and if you run the container as usual you wouldn‘t need them at all.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

If you go through the code… :)

2 hours ago, Orkopaede said:

thats what i did now ;) and run through another docker, keep in mind

1 network stack

2 (or more listening ports) on the same port never work (nowhere ...), so some dockers may provide some way to change it, most common you would be lost ... @ich777 luckily has it buildin ;) so there was a possibility, but usually you would be ... ;)

in the end, if its not documented you will most likely have no chance, but as i know @ich777 i was pretty sure there is a variable ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1