[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

46 minutes ago, nesede said:

Would there be any issues if I backed up settings in that copy of nzbget and restored them in this one?

I don‘t think that this would be an issue, maybe try to setup my container as a test instance and see of it works.

But keep in mind my Docker containers are working a little different and bareley get Docker updates because they update the application thats running inside the container on a container start/restart.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I don‘t think that this would be an issue, maybe try to setup my container as a test instance and see of it works.

But keep in mind my Docker containers are working a little different and bareley get Docker updates because they update the application thats running inside the container on a container start/restart.

Can confirm, no issue. I had to rework the paths a bit.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Glad that it is working, may I ask what the unpack bug is?

So apparently binhex container has some sort of unresolved bug when it comes to unpacking - it just hangs at the unpack step. There are quite a few posts in the thread that mention it (example). Restarting either nzbget or the container gets it working again but it really messes things up (at least for me, downloads are incorrectly failed and need reprocessing, sometimes *arrs get confused, etc).

It's happening very often right now and not sure what started triggering it. Prior to the past couple of months I've been running issue-free for at least 2-3 years.

1 minute ago, nesede said:

It's happening very often right now and not sure what started triggering it. Prior to the past couple of months I've been running issue-free for at least 2-3 years.

Hmmmm, hopefully my container isn't also affected, please let me know about your findings.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Hmmmm, hopefully my container isn't also affected, please let me know about your findings.

Absolutely will do. Though I don't expect it would be at all (based on prior research and other people's comments on this). I just ran a test on about 60 nzbs and they were all completed successfully.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, fr34k8 said:

The Ferdi-client container does not start anymore after using latest image. Any news on this ?!

I will take a look at this and report back.

EDIT: No issue over here, what does the log say? With what settings do you run Ferdi in the template?

grafik.thumb.png.dae3ad5bb3b3a5e77e252fd16f521480.png

On 11/2/2022 at 7:07 AM, ich777 said:

I will take a look at this and report back.

EDIT: No issue over here, what does the log say? With what settings do you run Ferdi in the template?

grafik.thumb.png.dae3ad5bb3b3a5e77e252fd16f521480.png

just want to give the feedback, everything is now as expected.
may it was a DNS problem in my end. @ich777 ill apppiciate your effort and fast feedback! 

• Like 1

HI there, for PhotoPrism, what is the default user? I can't seem to initially login. I'm using the internal database in your image.

text  error  warn  system  array  login  

time="2022-11-06T12:31:34-06:00" level=info msg="PhotoPrism® needs your support!"
time="2022-11-06T12:31:34-06:00" level=info msg="Visit https://photoprism.app/membership to learn more."
time="2022-11-06T12:31:34-06:00" level=info msg="migrate: executing pre migrations"
time="2022-11-06T12:31:34-06:00" level=info msg="migrate: executing main migrations"
time="2022-11-06T12:31:34-06:00" level=info msg="webdav: /originals/ enabled, waiting for requests"
time="2022-11-06T12:31:34-06:00" level=info msg="webdav: /import/ enabled, waiting for requests"
time="2022-11-06T12:31:34-06:00" level=info msg="server: tls disabled"
time="2022-11-06T12:31:34-06:00" level=info msg="server: listening on 0.0.0.0:<port> [4.706171ms]"
started 221105-jammy as root (amd64-prod)
init: updating filesystem permissions
PHOTOPRISM_DISABLE_CHOWN="true" disables permission updates
Problems? Our Troubleshooting Checklists help you quickly diagnose and solve them:
https://docs.photoprism.app/getting-started/troubleshooting/
file umask....: "0002" (u=rwx,g=rwx,o=rx)
home directory: /photoprism
assets path...: /opt/photoprism/assets
storage path..: /photoprism/storage
config path...: default
cache path....: default
backup path...: /photoprism/storage/backups
import path...: /photoprism/import
originals path: /photoprism/originals
switching to uid 99:100
/opt/photoprism/bin/photoprism start

I don't see any errors, I just don't know what username to use on the `<ip>/library/login` page.

Edited by paperblankets

I have installed & set up PhotoPrism, and it works perfectly. I have even imported all my Google Photos data by using the import feature.

Now, I tried to re-create my Google Photos albums by using the script (Link), which is also mentioned in the PhotoPrism documentation.

Unfortunately, I always get an error saying "Failed to get session id, bailing!". So I wonder if the API feature is completely missing in this Docker container?

I noticed that there is another container in the Unraid Appstore called "PhotoPrism-helper". Does this add the API feature of PhotoPrism which I need?

43 minutes ago, el_fredo said:

Unfortunately, I always get an error saying "Failed to get session id, bailing!". So I wonder if the API feature is completely missing in this Docker container?

That's a thing that you have to ask on the PhotoPrism GitHub Issue tracker over here: Click or even better ask on the issue tracker from that repo that you've linked: Click

The template that is available in the CA App is the official PhotoPrism container, I've only created it and I can nothing do about how it works.

I don't think that the API for PhotoPrism is missing in the PhotoPrism container, otherwise PhotoPrism itself won't work... ;)

46 minutes ago, el_fredo said:

I noticed that there is another container in the Unraid Appstore called "PhotoPrism-helper". Does this add the API feature of PhotoPrism which I need?

I don't know because I don't maintain this app, I would recommend that you ask by clicking the Support link from the container (which actually points also to a GitHub Issue tracker over here: Click)

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

That's a thing that you have to ask on the PhotoPrism GitHub Issue tracker over here: Click or even better ask on the issue tracker from that repo that you've linked: Click

I asked on GitHub. The creator of the script tells me that API is working and I now see that I can connect, but there's a problem with my login credentials. He pointed me to a recent change in PhotoPrism:

Session and user management have been re-implemented. If you are upgrading from a preview build, you must run the photoprism users reset --yes command in a terminal after the upgrade to recreate the new database tables so that they are compatible with the stable version. 

Maybe that's the problem, but I don't know where I should run this command. Can you give me a hint?

I am using your apt-mirror docker, I have 2 copies of it running, 1 for debian and the other with ubuntu.

The debian docker is working fine.

The ubuntu on the other hand was working fine when I first set it up but I was checking things today and noticed that I get this error in the logs:

---Setting umask to 0000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting cron---
---Starting apache2---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Something went horribly wrong, can't find the mirror directory!---

I have verified that the folder / files are visible and in the right place in the docker.

Both dockers are identical except for the ports, paths (only changed debian to ubuntu in the path) and links in the mirrior.list file

Any ideas why the ubuntu version is giving this error and refusing to sync?

I noticed that the debian links are all FTP and the ubuntu is http, would this be an issue? It worked fine at first, I have a few hundred gigs downloaded proving that lol.

Do you know what the proper links for ubuntu would be?

Goal is to download all the ubuntu apt repo + source files, just because I can and I like self-hosting.

Thanks for any help.

4 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

I noticed that the debian links are all FTP and the ubuntu is http, would this be an issue? It worked fine at first, I have a few hundred gigs downloaded proving that lol.

This shouldn't be an issue because I'm using also http URLs for my Debian mirror. The size is pretty normal, depending on what you are mirroring... I'm almost at 3 TB... :D

5 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

Do you know what the proper links for ubuntu would be?

I think you should find them here: https://www.linuxtechi.com/setup-local-apt-repository-server-ubuntu/

The issue is that I search for a "debian" directory as the mirror directory because it's mainly a debian and not a ubuntu mirror... :D

Anyways, this is really strange because it was never designed to be a Ubuntu mirror in any way, can you give me the file structure of the mirror directory please?

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This shouldn't be an issue because I'm using also http URLs for my Debian mirror. The size is pretty normal, depending on what you are mirroring... I'm almost at 3 TB... :D

I think you should find them here: https://www.linuxtechi.com/setup-local-apt-repository-server-ubuntu/

The issue is that I search for a "debian" directory as the mirror directory because it's mainly a debian and not a ubuntu mirror... :D

Anyways, this is really strange because it was never designed to be a Ubuntu mirror in any way, can you give me the file structure of the mirror directory please?

Yeah, I saw it was designed for debian but the base apt-mirror program could be used for ubuntu when searching around, so I found your docker and figured it would be easier to adapt that then make my own ;-)

The folder structure is the exact same for both just substituted ubuntu for debian.

Everything else is exactly the same between them as well, just with the ubuntu links in the mirror.list file and a new port etc.

E.G.

/debian-mirror/data/mnt/user/Backup/Linux-apt-mirror/Debian/data

vs

/debian-mirror/data/mnt/user/Backup/Linux-apt-mirror/Ubuntu/data

Also pretty sure that is the same guide I used when I setup the ubuntu docker lol.

Edited by TexasUnraid
42 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

/debian-mirror/data/mnt/user/Backup/Linux-apt-mirror/Ubuntu/data

And this is where the issue starts, I‘m searching for „debian“ and not for „Ubuntu“, maybe when I got time I can create a second container which is compatible with Ubuntu if that would be a possible solution for you…

50 minutes ago, ich777 said:

And this is where the issue starts, I‘m searching for „debian“ and not for „Ubuntu“, maybe when I got time I can create a second container which is compatible with Ubuntu if that would be a possible solution for you…

Interesting, I wounder why it worked when I first set it up for one thing.

The other is why is the folder name hard coded? Why not have it simply go into the mapped docker folder?

As a workaround I suppose I could add debian to the mapped docker path and have it link to the folder I want on the array?

12 hours ago, TexasUnraid said:

Interesting, I wounder why it worked when I first set it up for one thing.

Have you had maybe a left over debian mirror in the mirrors list by accident?

The other is why is the folder name hard coded? Why not have it simply go into the mapped docker folder?

Well, because as the name implies (and also the icon for the container) it's a Debian mirror and was never designed for another distribution, however if I think again about it, have you already tried to add a Ubuntu mirror in your Debian container mirror.list?

This could actually work because then the debian folder is found and the ubuntu folder should be created along side with the debian folder in one directory, this shouldn't cause any issues whatsoever.

As a workaround I suppose I could add debian to the mapped docker path and have it link to the folder I want on the array?

Yes and no, you have to modify the mirror.list file and the paths a bit, not sure if this can work.

I'm currently not at the PC so that I can look into this...

14 hours ago, ich777 said:

Well, because as the name implies (and also the icon for the container) it's a Debian mirror and was never designed for another distribution, however if I think again about it, have you already tried to add a Ubuntu mirror in your Debian container mirror.list?

This could actually work because then the debian folder is found and the ubuntu folder should be created along side with the debian folder in one directory, this shouldn't cause any issues whatsoever.

Interesting idea, was not aware it would create a new folder based on the mirror. That is an idea.

What about the cleanup list, would I add that as well or would that cause issues?

I will give it a try and see what happens.

14 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have you had maybe a left over debian mirror in the mirrors list by accident?

Just checked it and There are not any debian mirrors now and I don't think I modified the mirror.list file since I started the docker.