[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

Using Lucky Backup. Cron jobs will not run.

Method - create cron job to run daily at 3 mins in future to test, container will have been reset after confirming cron job has been made. After restart cron will disappear from list, although when clicking "view current cron tab" it looks like it shows. The task will not show that it has ran via the gui.

Container is being ran as root to access appdata and share files.

Appreciate the help!

Edited by Nozlo
42 minutes ago, Nozlo said:

Method - create cron job to run daily at 3 mins in future to test, container will have been reset after confirming cron job has been made. After restart cron will disappear from list, although when clicking "view current cron tab" it looks like it shows. The task will not show that it has ran via the gui.

Have you also made sure that you've selected console mode?

52 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you also made sure that you've selected console mode?

Yes confirmed that. I will create a cron task it will appear in the list allowing modification and removal everything will look great. I will restart the container and it will disappear from the list but will remain in the view current crontab page. Also is there a way to see the status and completion status of current cron job tasks?

update: It looks as if through testing the cron will work although I am unable to modify or delete existing ones.

image.thumb.png.3a5b89bff924a9f0c4657c011b781a81.png

image.thumb.png.48c1fc7849bcfe9afb417b831830f5b9.png

Edited by Nozlo
10 hours ago, Nozlo said:

Also is there a way to see the status and completion status of current cron job tasks?

No, because luckyBackup was never designed to run like this in a container.

You have to actually restart the container to see the sync in luckyBackup after it finished, you can however set up Email notifications after a jub is finished.

10 hours ago, Nozlo said:

update: It looks as if through testing the cron will work although I am unable to modify or delete existing ones.

I have now tested it in root mode and over here I can create and delete the cron jobs.

Just now, Stubbs said:

But the WebUI won't load. Also it doesn't seem to have created anything in the database folder in my mariadb appdata directory.

Did you create the database and the user first in your MariaDB and grant the user permissions to this database?

Open up a terminal from Photoprism and check if you can ping 192.168.1.5.

Just now, ich777 said:

Did you create the database and the user first in your MariaDB and grant the user permissions to this database?

Open up a terminal from Photoprism and check if you can ping 192.168.1.5.

Yeah, I created a database called photoprism, a user called photoprism, and granted all privileges to the user. Did the exact same thing for my Nextcloud database.

How do you ping from Photoprism?

Also as a side note, when I open both the console and the log window for Photoprism, the window always crashes after about 5-10 seconds.

Just now, Stubbs said:

Also as a side note, when I open both the console and the log window for Photoprism, the window always crashes after about 5-10 seconds.

Then the container is restarting, what does the log say? Stop it maybe after it restarted and then open up the logs. You can get the full log output if you open up a terminal from Unraid and type in:

docker container logs CONTAINERNAME

(replace CONTAINERNAME with the name from the container - case sensitive!)

My suspicion is that it can't connect to the Database.

In which network does the MariaDB and the Photoprism container run both on bridge or one on br0 and one on bridge?

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Then the container is restarting, what does the log say? Stop it maybe after it restarted and then open up the logs. You can get the full log output if you open up a terminal from Unraid and type in:

docker container logs CONTAINERNAME

(replace CONTAINERNAME with the name from the container - case sensitive!)

My suspicion is that it can't connect to the Database.

In which network does the MariaDB and the Photoprism container run both on bridge or one on br0 and one on bridge?

The log shows this being repeated:

time="2022-09-01T16:02:17+10:00" level=fatal msg="default addr for network '192.168.1.5:3306/photoprism' unknown"
started 220730-bookworm as root (amd64-prod)
init: updating filesystem permissions
PHOTOPRISM_DISABLE_CHOWN="true" disables permission updates
Problems? Our Troubleshooting Checklists help you quickly diagnose and solve them:
https://docs.photoprism.app/getting-started/troubleshooting/
file umask....: "0002" (u=rwx,g=rwx,o=rx)
home directory: /photoprism
assets path...: /opt/photoprism/assets
storage path..: /photoprism/storage
config path...: default
cache path....: default
backup path...: /photoprism/storage/backups
import path...: /photoprism/import
originals path: /photoprism/originals
switching to uid 99:100
/opt/photoprism/bin/photoprism start

Both are on Bridge.

1 minute ago, Stubbs said:
time="2022-09-01T16:02:17+10:00" level=fatal msg="default addr for network '192.168.1.5:3306/photoprism' unknown"

This line basically tells you that it can't reach this address or something is miss configured.

Ah, wait, now that I see it, this is wrong:

19 minutes ago, Stubbs said:
photoprism:redacted@192.168.1.5:3306/photoprism/photoprism?parseTime=true

it has to be:

photoprism:redacted@tcp(192.168.1.5:3306)/photoprism?parseTime=true

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This line basically tells you that it can't reach this address or something is miss configured.

Ah, wait, now that I see it, this is wrong:

it has to be:

photoprism:redacted@tcp(192.168.1.5:3306)/photoprism?parseTime=true

Thanks! Sorry for bothering you with this dumb user error.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, burgess22 said:

HI, I'm assuming I know the answer but just wanted to check with the boss man of the container of Mycrypto you would have to be physically connected to the server with your hardware device to enable it as plugging into the remote PC and unlocking wont work?

I think I don‘t understand the wuestion entirely… You ahve a hardware Device which is needed to unlock you Wallet?

If yes, I wont recommend to use the container because yes, you described basically what is needed to unlock the wallet and you also have to pass through the hardware key to the container.

The container is was mostly designed for poeple which have a Wallet with a passphrase and a keyfile.

@ich777

Hope you can help sir. just updated the owncast container to the latest which is 0.0.12 and unless I am being really thick if I log into the admin panel and change a load of settings they never seem to stick and revert to default when the container is restarted.

For example if I login to admin panel and change the stream key from abc123 to my own on restart of the container it reverts back to abc123

is this a glitch or me being thick

46 minutes ago, enigma27 said:

For example if I login to admin panel and change the stream key from abc123 to my own on restart of the container it reverts back to abc123

I've tried it now on my server and over here this is not the case.

Have you changed anything in the template?

@ich777

I've had a strange problem in the past and asked about it here. Unfortunately you were not able to reproduce or pinpoint the issue. The original posts to the issues are here:

The issue was that after a stork of the container it kept on crashing and I was not able to start it again.

Today I think I found the cause but I don't know why it is happening. My Firefox Container has a VNC password set. I did it as you have described in your pinned post on how to setup a password for VNC.

Anyway, today the container again was crashing. I stopped the container, removed the variable for TurboVNC Parameters and the Container was starting again. I believe I now can set the parameter again and it will start normaly again - until it starts again to crash. Maybe this helps!?

9 hours ago, Pete0 said:

I've had a strange problem in the past and asked about it here. Unfortunately you were not able to reproduce or pinpoint the issue. The original posts to the issues are here:

Thank you for the hint.

I've now updated the container and this shouldn't happen next time. :)

Please update the container itself.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

I was trying to activate the e-mail function using the guide and the steps provided some messages ago in this topic, everything is set-up as expected, but when testing, an "authentication to smtp.gmail.com:587 failed" error is reached.

I'm trying to test the e-mail functionality using a gmail address, sending to the same gmail address.

By further inspections, it does looks like this is the case where an application need a "password for the app" from my google account, but this functionality was removed some times ago from google due to permissions and security reasons, so:

-I can't connect to the smtp server with my main google password

-I can't generate a password for the app because google have disabled this option
-LB have not the ability to autenthicate as a secure app/service directly, like most modern web-site or applications will do, when a login is asked before using that platform.

Any workaround on that or any easy way to solve the issue?
I don't think it's the case, but I can also use another provider to send e-mail, i'm just in the need to receive them to my gmail account to make sure backup are done each time of the schedule

Thanks,
Marco

41 minutes ago, Aliendex said:

I was trying to activate the e-mail function using the guide and the steps provided some messages ago in this topic

About which container are we talking about, LuckyBackup?

Many people using the insecure passwords for apps on google FWIK

42 minutes ago, Aliendex said:

I can't generate a password for the app because google have disabled this option

You can can‘t create a app password? I really can‘t imagine that google does not allow this.

On my account I can create passwords for insecure apps…

I'm having issues with importing a larger video file. I add PHOTOPRISM_ORIGINALS_LIMIT as a container variable and set the value to -1 to set no file limit as per the photoprism documentation. I've had a lot of issues trying to import a video that is 6GB and I was hoping to get some assistance.