[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Are you sure that it's set to read/write and not only to read?

I think you aren't running luckyBackup as root?

I am not. Is that necessary? It says "This is only needed if you want to create backups from your /boot drive or other directories that require root privileges". I'm not creating a backup of my boot drive to my knowledge.

I also can't access the XFS formatted drive through SMB.

3 minutes ago, BreakfastPurrito said:

I am not. Is that necessary?

No not really but this could be also a reason why it's not working.

4 minutes ago, BreakfastPurrito said:

I also can't access the XFS formatted drive through SMB.

I can only thing of a permission issue.

Run from a terminal something like this:

chmod -R 777 "/mnt/user/disks/Seagate Backup 6TB"
chown -R 99:100 "/mnt/user/disks/Seagate Backup 6TB"

(please change the path to the disks if it's not correct, I've read that from your screenshot - typos included... :D )

I would also recommend that you first change the name from the partition to something without spaces. Spaces are never really good in Linux, at least from my experience.

• Like 1
On 7/12/2022 at 5:30 AM, mason1171 said:

Can you please consider looking into fixing this behavior?

I've now looked a little more into this and I can theoretically fix that but that would mean that the container grow significantly in size (about 300 to 500MB compressed, which translates to about 1GB uncompressed) and I really don't know if the previews are worth that size growth for this already big container in terms of size.

Is it really necessary for you to have thumbnails? This would also mean that the power consumption and CPU usage will increase when uploading new files to generate the thumbnails.

On 7/13/2022 at 9:33 PM, ich777 said:

No not really but this could be also a reason why it's not working.

I can only thing of a permission issue.

Run from a terminal something like this:

chmod -R 777 "/mnt/user/disks/Seagate Backup 6TB"
chown -R 99:100 "/mnt/user/disks/Seagate Backup 6TB"

(please change the path to the disks if it's not correct, I've read that from your screenshot - typos included... :D )

I would also recommend that you first change the name from the partition to something without spaces. Spaces are never really good in Linux, at least from my experience.

I've changed the name to Seagate_Backup_6TB, ran luckybackup as root and the backup seems to be working fine now.

I also tried chmod and that seems to have done the trick. Haven't tried chown yet, is that still necessary?

I've now looked a little more into this and I can theoretically fix that but that would mean that the container grow significantly in size (about 300 to 500MB compressed, which translates to about 1GB uncompressed) and I really don't know if the previews are worth that size growth for this already big container in terms of size.

Is it really necessary for you to have thumbnails? This would also mean that the power consumption and CPU usage will increase when uploading new files to generate the thumbnails.

It is personally worth it for me as I share a lot of video files via mega. It can get confusing as a lot of the time, the absence of a thumbnail means the file is corrupted. If you feel it’s not worth the time, I understand
1 hour ago, mason1171 said:

worth

Is the wrong word... I'm thinking of how to implement this but I really don't know if it's reasonable to add another GB of data to a container that is already about 1GB in size only for thumbnail generation.

I will think about that and test if it is actually working and will get back to you hopefully next week if that's okay for you.

What files are you sharing (type mp4, mkv,...?)?

12 minutes ago, Goldmaster said:

yet when opening a terminal and putting in my correct password it says its wrong.

What are you typing in, are you using sudo?

Just type in:

su

and then you password. To become root.

I think I‘ve also mentioned this in the description from the container.

Is the wrong word... I'm thinking of how to implement this but I really don't know if it's reasonable to add another GB of data to a container that is already about 1GB in size only for thumbnail generation.

I will think about that and test if it is actually working and will get back to you hopefully next week if that's okay for you.
What files are you sharing (type mp4, mkv,...?)?

However much time you need is ok. Also, if you do decide to go forward with the addition, will it be on a separate version tag? I just want it to be an option. Mp4, mkv, mov. Thank you

@ich777Hi. I am having trouble swapping from the deprecated OpenVPN dperson version to yours. I didn't change anything at all, appdata folders lined up but for some reason I am getting

"2022-07-17 18:17:14 sitnl_send: rtnl: generic error (-101): Network is unreachable"

while trying to connect to PIA. I downloaded new ovpn files and confirmed my credentials in auth.vpn were correct. I even wiped the appdata folder and image and completely fresh installed. No luck. Any idea what is going on here? It looks like it is talking to and logging into the vpn server I have selected but something is failing. Appreciate any insight. Thanks!

Edit: I'd like to add that PIA includes (requires?) a .crt and a .pem file. Not sure what either of them do and/or if they are necessary for this setup, but I didn't see how to handle these extra files within the documentation. I have them both in /vpn/ but no change.

I've since figured out they are just separate files that contain what is already in the .ovpn. I did not do anything special within the dperson package so it must not have been using those files, as far as I can tell. I attempted to call these files in both the .ovpn and a .config file based on the instructions in the documentation but I still couldn't get anything to happen. This is way more than I did with the dperson package so I am assuming it is unecssary and I am just missing something rudimentary.

2022-07-17 18:07:16 Initialization Sequence Completed
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
Error: ipv4: FIB table does not exist.

Dump terminated
+ exec sg vpn -c 'openvpn --cd /vpn --config /vpn/vpn.ovpn --script-security 2 --redirect-gateway def1 --auth-user-pass /vpn/vpn.auth '
2022-07-17 18:17:14 DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to 'aes-128-cbc' but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM). Future OpenVPN version will ignore --cipher for cipher negotiations. Add 'aes-128-cbc' to --data-ciphers or change --cipher 'aes-128-cbc' to --data-ciphers-fallback 'aes-128-cbc' to silence this warning.

2022-07-17 18:17:14 WARNING: file '/vpn/vpn.auth' is group or others accessible

2022-07-17 18:17:14 OpenVPN 2.5.1 x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on May 14 2021
2022-07-17 18:17:14 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1n 15 Mar 2022, LZO 2.10
2022-07-17 18:17:14 CRL: loaded 1 CRLs from file -----BEGIN X509 CRL-----
REDACTED
-----END X509 CRL-----

2022-07-17 18:17:14 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]140.228.24.198:1198
2022-07-17 18:17:14 UDP link local: (not bound)
2022-07-17 18:17:14 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]140.228.24.198:1198
2022-07-17 18:17:14 [montreal430] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]140.228.24.198:1198
2022-07-17 18:17:14 WARNING: You have specified redirect-gateway and redirect-private at the same time (or the same option multiple times). This is not well supported and may lead to unexpected results

2022-07-17 18:17:14 sitnl_send: rtnl: generic error (-101): Network is unreachable

2022-07-17 18:17:14 TUN/TAP device tun0 opened
2022-07-17 18:17:14 net_iface_mtu_set: mtu 1500 for tun0
2022-07-17 18:17:14 net_iface_up: set tun0 up
2022-07-17 18:17:14 net_addr_v4_add: 10.9.112.64/24 dev tun0
2022-07-17 18:17:14 WARNING: OpenVPN was configured to add an IPv6 route. However, no IPv6 has been configured for tun0, therefore the route installation may fail or may not work as expected.

2022-07-17 18:17:14 add_route_ipv6(2000::/3 -> :: metric -1) dev tun0
2022-07-17 18:17:14 WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory -- use the auth-nocache option to prevent this

2022-07-17 18:17:14 Initialization Sequence Completed

Edited by Bulletoverload
Some words
8 hours ago, MostHated said:

Not quite sure what to do about this.

I think you are talking about the Checkmk-RAW container.

On what Unraid version are you?

This is the output from a fresh pulled container from the CA App:

Spoiler
text  error  warn  system  array  login  

### CREATING SITE 'cmk'
Adding /opt/omd/sites/cmk/tmp to /etc/fstab.
Going to set TMPFS to off.
Preparing tmp directory /omd/sites/cmk/tmp...Generating configuration for core (type nagios)...
Precompiling host checks...OK
Updating core configuration...
Executing post-create script "01_create-sample-config.py"...OK
Adding /opt/omd/sites/cmk/tmp to /etc/fstab.
Going to set TMPFS to off.
Created new site cmk with version 2.1.0p6.cre.

The site can be started with omd start cmk.
  The default web UI is available at http://7e9bd108ff7f/cmk/

The admin user for the web applications is cmkadmin with password: eibBNKpS
  For command line administration of the site, log in with 'omd su cmk'.
  After logging in, you can change the password for cmkadmin with 'htpasswd etc/htpasswd cmkadmin'.

### STARTING XINETD
Starting internet superserver: xinetd.
### STARTING SITE
Preparing tmp directory /omd/sites/cmk/tmp...Starting agent-receiver...OK
Starting mkeventd...OK
Starting rrdcached...OK
Starting npcd...OK
Starting nagios...OK
Starting apache...OK
Starting redis...OK
Initializing Crontab...OK
### STARTING CRON
### CONTAINER STARTED

Maybe try the following:

1. Remove the container
  2. Remove the directory that was created in your appdata folder for checkmk
  3. Pull a fresh copy from the CA App

Scratch that, after installing it on my server, I couldn't stop the container and also couln't remove it. I've then restarted my server and Docker and emhttp weren't working properly anymore. After starting the Docker service manually the container auto started but I've never enabled that, I had to remove the image for the container itself manually to get everything back to a working state.

I pulled both the Checkmk-RAW and Checkmk Agen plugin from the CA App because they gave me both a lot of trouble in the past and I really want that this happens to someone which is not that familiar with the command line and how to remove a Docker image manually...

Hello,

I am trying to run ich777/thunderbird from a Synology NAS but am having trouble. I receive the following error when trying to run the container on a fresh install:

---Starting Thunderbird---
XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /thunderbird/libxul.so:
libasound.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Couldn't load XPCOM.

Here is my docker configuration:

CUSTOM_DEPTH 	16
CUSTOM_RES_H 	768
CUSTOM_RES_W 	1024
DATA_DIR 	/thunderbird
DATA_PERM 	770
GID 	100
LANG 	en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE 	en_US:en
LC_ALL 	en_US.UTF-8
NOVNC_PORT 	8080
PATH 	/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
RFB_PORT 	5900
THUNDERBIRD_LANG 	en-US
THUNDERBIRD_V 	latest
TURBOVNC_PARAMS 	-securitytypes none
UID 	99
UMASK 	000
USER 	thunderbird

I have mounted the file /volume1/docker/thunderbird/mnt/cache/appdata/thunderbird to /thunderbird/ich777/thunderbird.

Any suggestions for how to get past this error? Google says that perhaps some firefox dependencies are out of date?

Thanks for your help!

13 minutes ago, gny said:

I am trying to run ich777/thunderbird from a Synology NAS but am having trouble. I receive the following error when trying to run the container on a fresh install:

Are you sure that you are on the latest version from the container image?

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Are you sure that you are on the latest version from the container image?

I think I am? Unsure how to check exactly, but the image I'm using is ich777/thunderbird:latest, so shouldn't that automatically pull the latest one?

Is there way I can force use of the latest version?

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

I'm not really familiar with Synology but on my Unraid box it is running just fine, I'm just asking because I've added the library recently here.

Is this a ARM based system or x86_64?

It is a Synology DS1621+ using x86_64.