[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

My luckybackup container just stopped tonight.
In the overview it says stopped, but the log keeps producing this:

e":"open /var/lib/docker/containers/418940da6b84ae0ba2c385e3813f934a3c54ed46090ffae434c6fbee4bed2e64/418940da6b84ae0ba2c385e3813f934a3c54ed46090ffae434c6fbee4bed2e64-json.log: read-only file system"}

And trying to start it gets Error 403.

I think it is stopped indeed, but trying to remove the container with `docker rm luckyBackup`

yields this error:

Error response from daemon: container 418940da6b84ae0ba2c385e3813f934a3c54ed46090ffae434c6fbee4bed2e64: driver "btrfs" failed to remove root filesystem: Failed to destroy btrfs snapshot /var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes for ef115edb20b76af217f8d1dd2e541a9c6920d5c1dac0737e9e1205ba06c1152b: read-only file system

I'll investigate more later today

Edited by wambo
3 hours ago, ich777 said:

This seems like a Docker issue itself and not related to the container, have you yet tried to restart Unraid?

Well, no, works properly again (after reboot). I'm just curious what caused this 😕

Edited by wambo
1 minute ago, wambo said:

Well, no, works properly again. I'm just curious what caused this 😕

As said above this would be something for the Docker Engine sub forums since this is not strictly speaking an issue from the container, something with Docker itself went wrong, maybe the image wasn't mounted correctly anymore or something like that.

Hello,

I'm using Lidarr and it's saying there's a new version (1.x, currentl 0.8 installed). When I restart the docker, it doesn't update.

I also found in the unraid template that for the release tag, the note says to use LASTEST instead of LATEST (as per template default).

Thanks!

edit: it did work by using 1.0.2.2592 as tag, so maybe it'S latest tag that really should be lastest then?

re-edit: ok, lastest doesn't work at all, container says not found. I think the problem is more on lidarr github ends where latest isn't on the right branch yet.

Edited by Nodiaque
4 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

I also found in the unraid template that for the release tag, the note says to use LASTEST instead of LATEST (as per template default).

Thank you for the report, this was simply a typo in the description, already corrected that in the template.

4 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

re-edit: ok, lastest doesn't work at all, container says not found. I think the problem is more on lidarr github ends where latest isn't on the right branch yet.

Fixed, please change it back to LATEST and try to restart the container once more, it should now pick up the latest version just fine.

8 hours ago, insomnia417 said:

Can this turbovnc support clipboard output in Chinese UTF-8 and how ?
just now, i have check the github isus -https://github.com/TurboVNC/turbovnc/issues/113
so , it dosnt support yet ?

Exactly, I think I got that request about a year ago IIRC.

If they implement it in TurboVNC let me know and I will update it in all my containers. Sadly it's an odd issue but I can't do anything about it.

Hello,

i installed rapidphotodownloader and get the following error:

/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 167: /rapidphotodownloader/rpd/bin/rapid-photo-downloader: No such file or directory

Rapid Photo Downloader crashed with exit code 127. Respawning..

Any Idea what I can do to resolve this?

3 hours ago, ThomasMag said:

Rapid Photo Downloader crashed with exit code 127. Respawning..

Fix released.

I would strongly recommend that you delete the container entirely, also delete the directory that got created in your appdata folder for RapidPhotoDownloader and pull a fresh copy from the CA App since I've also updated the baseimage to Debian Bullseye.

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

Exactly, I think I got that request about a year ago IIRC.

If they implement it in TurboVNC let me know and I will update it in all my containers. Sadly it's an odd issue but I can't do anything about it.

I saw another program in apps

"Chromium-desktop-g3 " enables the clipboard to support UTF-8. Unfortunately, but the system displays garbled code. I don't know how to implement this because I'm still a novice in Linux What a tangled option

1 hour ago, insomnia417 said:

"Chromium-desktop-g3 " enables the clipboard to support UTF-8. Unfortunately, but the system displays garbled code. I don't know how to implement this because I'm still a novice in Linux What a tangled option

So it also doesn't work or does it? If it is working they using for sure something else than TurboVNC...

Please note that I'm using TurboVNC for a reason, because it's fast... ;)

I really don't want to go back to x11vnc which is not that fast and efficient as TurboVNC.

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

So it also doesn't work or does it? If it is working they using for sure something else than TurboVNC...

Please note that I'm using TurboVNC for a reason, because it's fast... ;)

I really don't want to go back to x11vnc which is not that fast and efficient as TurboVNC.

yes , "Chromium-desktop-g3 " 's vnc can support chinese utf-8 , but i dont know which vnc he used  ,
here it is , accetto/ubuntu-vnc-xfce-chromium-g3

when i restart the dirsyncpro docker i get the window looking like the first screenshot, then as soon as i try to edit a second thing (even if the same thing twice) it changes to the second screenshot, neither one fits the screen like it should, any known way to adjust that?

firstdirsync.png

seconddirsync.png

4 hours ago, jcofer555 said:

when i restart the dirsyncpro docker i get the window looking like the first screenshot, then as soon as i try to edit a second thing (even if the same thing twice) it changes to the second screenshot, neither one fits the screen like it should, any known way to adjust that?

This was actually done by design... :D

However you should be able to change this by clicking on the little Arrow at the left side, click on the gear icon and select at Scaling Mode "Remote Resizing":

grafik.png.6337590385db7fcc60f39cf45d888a99.png

This will fill the entire browser window with DirSyncPro and should fix this... ;)

grafik.thumb.png.0054892c0747ed0f01408c253a8f82e8.png

6 hours ago, insomnia417 said:

yes , "Chromium-desktop-g3 " 's vnc can support chinese utf-8 , but i dont know which vnc he used  ,

This container uses TigerVNC but I really don't like to switch over to it because of the performance difference.

Have been having an issue with Thunderbird dropping all filters that have been set on restart of docker / server etc. 

Running latest docker image and Unraid 10.2 

Has anyone else had anything like this happening?

Will try pull logs etc when I get home again 

18 minutes ago, Arcau said:

Have been having an issue with Thunderbird dropping all filters that have been set on restart of docker / server etc. 

Can you post a screenshot please?

Yes, a user had that issue too, how do you end the container? Do you restart it from the Unraid WebGUI or am I wrong?

When you are finished setting up your filters click File -> Exit from within the noVNC Thunderbird GUI and wait for the container to restart again and you will see that they are still there.

Anyways I can't reproduce this issue on my server because even if I set up a custom filter and regardless if I restart it over the Unraid Web GUI or from inside the container it works and saves the filters, but the way with clicking File -> Exit above should save you filters.

19 minutes ago, Arcau said:

Will try pull logs etc when I get home again 

Logs won't help here.

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you post a screenshot please?

Yes, a user had that issue too, how do you end the container? Do you restart it from the Unraid WebGUI or am I wrong?

When you are finished setting up your filters click File -> Exit from within the noVNC Thunderbird GUI and wait for the container to restart again and you will see that they are still there.

Anyways I can't reproduce this issue on my server because even if I set up a custom filter and regardless if I restart it over the Unraid Web GUI or from inside the container it works and saves the filters, but the way with clicking File -> Exit above should save you filters.

Logs won't help here.

Yes, If I restart the docker from the webgui it drops all filters. 

This is what the filter screen looks like, I don't see an option within there to exit. 

Or do you mean from the mail tab file > exit?

I can go to File > Quit in the mail tab. 

Also side note - is there way to close the filters tab at the bottom after opening it? I can't seem to actually get rid of it? 

May be linked to why it drops when getting rebooted from unraid GUI?

2022-06-14 22_24_10-Thunderbird - noVNC - Brave.png

3 minutes ago, Arcau said:

This is what the filter screen looks like, I don't see an option within there to exit. 

Or do you mean from the mail tab file > exit?

I can go to File > Quit in the mail tab. 

In the main window click on File -> Quit (actually I don't know what it looks like in English since I'm using the German version) this will save the filters.

4 minutes ago, Arcau said:

Also side note - is there way to close the filters tab at the bottom after opening it? I can't seem to actually get rid of it? 

Press ESC.

4 minutes ago, Arcau said:

May be linked to why it drops when getting rebooted from unraid GUI?

Definitely not, this is because the profile got not quite saved right if you restart/stop it from the Unraid WebGUI, but I can't really do anything about it.

Hey,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I tried digging around for an answer but didn't find on.

I am wanting to set up your PhotoPrism docker, but had a question about the use of MariaDB. I have an docker instance of MariaDB running my server already that has a couple of databases already setup for some self hosted web apps and other dockers. Is there a way to specify which DB the docker should use?

image.thumb.png.d5d895d2e83a97263368154e01a2c267.png

I see where you pass in the user/pass with the IP and port of the DB, but not where I can pass in an actual DB name that the contain should use. Or is this a situation where I should just create a PhotoPrism user that can only read/write to a PhotoPrism DB? 

On 6/11/2022 at 3:15 PM, ich777 said:

This container uses TigerVNC but I really don't like to switch over to it because of the performance difference.

good news ,i have received email from github‘s notice (turbovnc #113 ):

This has been implemented in the dev branch and is now available in the 3.1 evolving pre-release builds (https://turbovnc.org/DeveloperInfo/PreReleases). Our implementation should be compatible with that of UltraVNC, TigerVNC, and LibVNCServer.

Please test thoroughly.