[Support] SpaceinvaderOne - Macinabox


2140 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

I've install this quite a few times now... but still can't either create a new apple id, or use an existing one... I get errors that I've either 1) when I try and create a new id, that "This mac has been used to create too many new Apple IDs" or 2) when I try to login either it tell's me before even any phone verification that my account limit has been reached, or this time just once, and I thought it was going to work, it allowed me the sms verification, and then told me that "My account limit has been reached". Logged into the web page with the same account I had 0 and then this new mac computer that I'm trying to login registered as the only computer.

 

I'm very confused :), new to mac, if anyone has any suggestions ? Is it connected with this special key which can't be pasted here on the forum ? I used the default values created by the docker container.

 

Thanks

Link to post
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PLEASE - PLEASE - PLEASE EVERYONE POSTING IN THIS THREAD IF YOU POST YOUR XML FOR THE VM HERE PLEASE REMOVE/OBSCURE THE OSK KEY AT THE BOTTOM. IT IS AGAINST THE RULES OF THE FORUM FOR OSK K

09 Dec 2020   Basic usage instructions.   Macinabox needs the following other apps to be installed. CA User Scripts (macinabox will inject a user script. This is what fixes th

Do you like this for an icon? I think its appropriate.

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, ChangeMan said:

Is it connected with this special key which can't be pasted here on the forum ?

Hi, no it's not related to the oskey, that is useful for the smc.

You probably didn't change the smbios platform data, especially the mlb, uuid and serial keys.

As you other people tried to login or create apple ids with the same platform data, this explains the error.

Platform data are stored in the bootloader, clover or opencore, clover is in macinabox by default if you didn't change it.

So you need to configure platform data in clover most probably.

There are many tutorials around.

Link to post
On 7/12/2020 at 11:17 AM, rachid596 said:

Change résolution of you ovmf bios.

that needs to be changed at every damn reboots? and twice!:

1-You need to change the rez to 1920x1080 then boot then restart

2-You need to change the rez back to 1280x800

kinda freaking sucks!

Link to post
7 minutes ago, flic said:

that needs to be changed at every damn reboots? and twice!:

1-You need to change the rez to 1920x1080 then boot then restart

2-You need to change the rez back to 1280x800

kinda freaking sucks!

This happened to me once when I edited the xml incorrectly. I rebuilt the vm very carefully and no longer had to change the res 2 times each boot. 

Link to post
5 hours ago, PeteAsking said:

This happened to me once when I edited the xml incorrectly. I rebuilt the vm very carefully and no longer had to change the res 2 times each boot. 

I do not touch the XML between boots

Link to post
13 hours ago, ghost82 said:

So you need to configure platform data in clover most probably.

There are many tutorials around.

Thanks, this makes sense, but I've watched the original tutorial a few times now and been searching for anything on how to configure "clover platform data", and not found anything yet. Any links or more hints you could give ?

 

I understand the binary somehow needs to be modified with a program ? Or is it just changing the custom text at the end of xml file ?

Link to post
11 minutes ago, ChangeMan said:

Any links or more hints you could give ?

Download clover configurator on the vm, start the app and mount the EFI partition where clover is, open config.plist on that partition in clover configurator and change the smbios data (make a backup of the config.plist first), then save the config.plist

No binary or xml to change, it's the config.plist file in the clover EFI partition.

Edited by ghost82
Link to post

I have a problem with Macinabox, after the installation I would like to set the language to German according to the instructions, but then I can no longer start the VM. I have already performed the instructions at least 10 times after the video by Spaceinvader. Where do I make the mistake, have no idea. In the VM "Catalina" I can select the German keyboard, but it doesn't work.

Edited by thilo
Link to post
12 hours ago, thilo said:

I have a problem with Macinabox, after the installation I would like to set the language to German according to the instructions, but then I can no longer start the VM. I have already performed the instructions at least 10 times after the video by Spaceinvader. Where do I make the mistake, have no idea. In the VM "Catalina" I can select the German keyboard, but it doesn't work.

Hi write me in German and send me your xml config please. i change the wrong line.

 

And today i can't install a vm with Macinabox. dmg2img make file incorrupt.

Edited by angelstriker
Link to post
10 minutes ago, angelstriker said:

hi. bitte ohne rtf. Also reine datei ohne das es schon mit den editor geöffnet hast denn er convertiert es dir dan schon um.

Nutze am besten Notepad++ in zukunft für dateien

 

1 hour ago, thilo said:

Hallo, ich bin neu hier, ich kopiere hier die xml rein, hoffe das passt so.

Macinabox Catalina xml.rtf 7 kB · 1 download

Hallo,

Ihr wisst das wir hier seit kurzem einen deutschen Bereich hier im Forum haben, bitte wenn auf deutsch gepostet wird dann dort. ;)

Link to post
5 minutes ago, thilo said:

i there nobody, which has a problem with macinabox installation with the german layout? 

Check that you are injecting the proper language in clover:
 

    <key>GUI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Language</key>
        <string>de:0</string>

 

Link to post

Hello,

 

I am running bare metal Hackintosh without any problem, but I would like to switch to unRaid VM machine. I've manage to install Macinabox VM with Catalina and it works fine with VNC. I have Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 5700 XT 8G, 8GB GDDR6 but I have problem to pass it trough.

 

Did anyone manage to do that?

 

UPDATE:

 

ok so I've manage passthrough but when I confirm boot to mac os ion clover screen looks like this:

IMG_3335.thumb.jpg.e53319805e7c17ecda63965b886e2cb6.jpg

 

everything is in upper part of screen - in like 10cm of the screen

 

Thank you.

Edited by podlipny
typos
Link to post
On 7/24/2020 at 5:33 PM, podlipny said:

Hello,

 

I am running bare metal Hackintosh without any problem, but I would like to switch to unRaid VM machine. I've manage to install Macinabox VM with Catalina and it works fine with VNC. I have Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 5700 XT 8G, 8GB GDDR6 but I have problem to pass it trough.

 

Did anyone manage to do that?

 

UPDATE:

 

ok so I've manage passthrough but when I confirm boot to mac os ion clover screen looks like this:

IMG_3335.thumb.jpg.e53319805e7c17ecda63965b886e2cb6.jpg

 

everything is in upper part of screen - in like 10cm of the screen

 

Thank you.

1-You need to change the rez to 1920x1080 then boot then restart

2-You need to change the rez back to 1280x800

kinda freaking sucks!

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.