[Support] SpaceinvaderOne - Macinabox


2136 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PLEASE - PLEASE - PLEASE EVERYONE POSTING IN THIS THREAD IF YOU POST YOUR XML FOR THE VM HERE PLEASE REMOVE/OBSCURE THE OSK KEY AT THE BOTTOM. IT IS AGAINST THE RULES OF THE FORUM FOR OSK K

09 Dec 2020   Basic usage instructions.   Macinabox needs the following other apps to be installed. CA User Scripts (macinabox will inject a user script. This is what fixes th

Do you like this for an icon? I think its appropriate.

Posted Images

What is the process for installing this onto a dedicated SSD? I'm a little lost as to where/how to do it.

Also, I'm encountering the following issue after installing the docker and a few seconds after it starting:

2020-09-25 11:28:44,396 Network Request: Fetching https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.15-10.14-10.13-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog
Product ID 061-94403 could not be found.

 

Edited by brent0r
added error
Link to post
8 minutes ago, brent0r said:

What is the process for installing this onto a dedicated SSD? I'm a little lost as to where/how to do it.

Also, I'm encountering the following issue:


2020-09-25 11:28:44,396 Network Request: Fetching https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.15-10.14-10.13-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog
Product ID 061-94403 could not be found.

 

Install with everything as the video says, then in the xml you change the auto created disk for the path to your unmounted ssd, thats it. 

Link to post
44 minutes ago, brent0r said:

Also, I'm encountering the following issue after installing the docker and a few seconds after it starting

This happens mostly everytime apple updates its catalogue; Catalina 10.15.7 was recently released, the docker must be updated to be pointed to the right product id.

New product id should be 001-51042 for Catalina 10.15.7 full installer.

Edited by ghost82
Link to post
9 hours ago, ghost82 said:

This happens mostly everytime apple updates its catalogue; Catalina 10.15.7 was recently released, the docker must be updated to be pointed to the right product id.

New product id should be 001-51042 for Catalina 10.15.7 full installer.

I am having the same issue as well, the "product ID cannot be found"

image.png.8b660cde82c7226965e0963f5be51095.png

Link to post
11 hours ago, UnBeastRaid said:

I am having the same issue as well, the "product ID cannot be found"

Not sure how the docker works (I never used dockers), but if you can download from macinabox github and install in unraid and you don't want to wait sometime (give that guy some time to modify the source :P), you can edit the product id in unraid.sh

https://github.com/SpaceinvaderOne/Macinabox/blob/master/unraid.sh#L167

Change from:

"/Macinabox/tools/FetchMacOS/fetch.sh" -p 001-36801 -c PublicRelease || exit 1;

to:

"/Macinabox/tools/FetchMacOS/fetch.sh" -p 001-51042 -c PublicRelease || exit 1;

Anbd it should work as expected

 

Moreover, I cannot find 061-94403 (it's Catalina 10.15.6 build 19G73) in the source code in github: which version of the docker are you running, maybe an older version (by older I mean before August 20th)?

The actual source code (updated on August 20th) points to 001-36801 which is actually in the catalogue, pointing to Catalina 10.15.6 build 19G2021 full installer.

So, the actual docker image should work, since Catalina 10.15.6 19G2021 is still in the catalogue.

Relevant commit is here:
https://github.com/SpaceinvaderOne/Macinabox/commit/584100e0ebf5bc6ccd68823db6ab2c2303f47b79

Edited by ghost82
Link to post

ok. i transfer my unraid server 3900x to dual xeon platinum 8260 with ws c621e sage.

use well on 3900x but new build i can’t run with gpu passthrough.

when no gpu is work perfectly
with gpu is hard lock unraid server.
is this bios setting problem?
plz help


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to post

I sent a pull request with the new version id to spaceinvaderOne.

 

In the mean time, as a work-around until he has updated his docker, you can change the docker repository of the template to mattti/macinabox .

The only change is the working Catalina version.

Link to post
4 hours ago, ghost82 said:

Not sure how the docker works (I never used dockers), but if you can download from macinabox github and install in unraid and you don't want to wait sometime (give that guy some time to modify the source :P), you can edit the product id in unraid.sh

https://github.com/SpaceinvaderOne/Macinabox/blob/master/unraid.sh#L167

Change from:


"/Macinabox/tools/FetchMacOS/fetch.sh" -p 001-36801 -c PublicRelease || exit 1;

to:


"/Macinabox/tools/FetchMacOS/fetch.sh" -p 001-51042 -c PublicRelease || exit 1;

Anbd it should work as expected

 

Moreover, I cannot find 061-94403 (it's Catalina 10.15.6 build 19G73) in the source code in github: which version of the docker are you running, maybe an older version (by older I mean before August 20th)?

The actual source code (updated on August 20th) points to 001-36801 which is actually in the catalogue, pointing to Catalina 10.15.6 build 19G2021 full installer.

So, the actual docker image should work, since Catalina 10.15.6 19G2021 is still in the catalogue.

Relevant commit is here:
https://github.com/SpaceinvaderOne/Macinabox/commit/584100e0ebf5bc6ccd68823db6ab2c2303f47b79

Catalina got an update yesterday to 10.15.7

Link to post
On 9/26/2020 at 8:29 AM, mattti said:

I sent a pull request with the new version id to spaceinvaderOne.

 

In the mean time, as a work-around until he has updated his docker, you can change the docker repository of the template to mattti/macinabox .

The only change is the working Catalina version.

this worked perfectly

Link to post

The bad news is thats seems like 5700XT passthrough at least for kvm is not working.. Can tell that from My experience, working perfect in 10.15.6, not working in 10.15.7, would be interesting of someone could confirm My case 

 

EDIT: Ok, reading around found out that if you add the boot arg agdpmod=pikera fixes this issue , I am using opencore so dont know if clover has the same problem or if this works for it too

Edited by mSedek
Found Solution
Link to post

I have a question of supported Nvidia GPUs for MacOS Catalina and Mojave. I know that Nvidia graphic cards are supported in High Sierra but according to this video and this website some of the Nvidia GPU should still work in Mojave and Catalina since the driver is still there (supported by the OS). Reason for asking is I'm buying GTX 780/770 (or something else based on Kepler chip) but not really sure if this will work. Can someone with (Nvidia GPU) Kepler based chip confirm if it's working / natively supported by Catalina and / or Mojave. Thank you. 

Link to post
3 minutes ago, yogy said:

I have a question of supported Nvidia GPUs for MacOS Catalina and Mojave. I know that Nvidia graphic cards are supported in High Sierra but according to this video and this website some of the Nvidia GPU should still work in Mojave and Catalina since the driver is still there (supported by the OS). Reason for asking is I'm buying GTX 780/770 (or something else based on Kepler chip) but not really sure if this will work. Can someone with (Nvidia GPU) Kepler based chip confirm if it's working / natively supported by Catalina and / or Mojave. Thank you. 

I got an nvidia 710 that I Use for troubleshooting and works flawlessly in mojave, havent tried it in Catalina tho. 

Link to post

I keep breaking the XML because it keep's changing upon update. I'm reading a million different answers for the same questions. I can't seem to figure out how to stabilize this vm. Can anyone help me? I'm going to post my broken XML if anyone can help. Main problem is trying to update the CPU count or trying to do a GPU pass through. I'm running a sapphire 570 lite and a 3900x. I can get the VM to work with the VNC but literally as soon as I change anything the build breaks. Please help. I'm on my 3rd day of owning a server and I'm deathly confused. Can someone give me or point me to the proper XML I need or at least explain why it keeps changing and breaking?

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<domain type='kvm'>
  <name>MacinaboxCatalina</name>
  <uuid>38018d82-e8d5-4e0a-883f-8689295442e6</uuid>
  <description>MacOS Catalina</description>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate xmlns="unraid" name="Windows 10" icon="default.png" os="Catalina"/>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>16777216</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>16777216</currentMemory>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <vcpu placement='static'>2</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='0'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='1'/>
  </cputune>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-3.1'>hvm</type>
    <loader readonly='yes' type='pflash'>/usr/share/qemu/ovmf-x64/OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd</loader>
    <nvram>/etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/38018d82-e8d5-4e0a-883f-8689295442e6_VARS-pure-efi.fd</nvram>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
  </features>
  <cpu mode='host-passthrough' check='none'>
    <topology sockets='1' cores='1' threads='2'/>
    <cache mode='passthrough'/>
    <feature policy='require' name='topoext'/>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='utc'>
    <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup'/>
    <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
    <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
  </clock>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/local/sbin/qemu</emulator>
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='qcow2' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/MacinaboxCatalina/Clover.qcow2'/>
      <target dev='hdc' bus='sata'/>
      <boot order='1'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='2'/>
    </disk>
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/MacinaboxCatalina/Catalina-install.img'/>
      <target dev='hdd' bus='sata'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='3'/>
    </disk>
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/MacinaboxCatalina/macos_disk.img'/>
      <target dev='hde' bus='sata'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='4'/>
    </disk>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pcie-root'/>
    <controller type='pci' index='1' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <model name='pcie-root-port'/>
      <target chassis='1' port='0x8'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='2' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <model name='pcie-root-port'/>
      <target chassis='2' port='0x9'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='3' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <model name='pcie-root-port'/>
      <target chassis='3' port='0xa'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='4' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <model name='pcie-root-port'/>
      <target chassis='4' port='0x13'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x3'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='5' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <model name='pcie-root-port'/>
      <target chassis='5' port='0xb'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x3'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='6' model='pcie-to-pci-bridge'>
      <model name='pcie-pci-bridge'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='sata' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1f' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='qemu-xhci' ports='15'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:9c:3c:2c'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <model type='virtio'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x03' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <target type='isa-serial' port='0'>
        <model name='isa-serial'/>
      </target>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty'>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>
    <input type='tablet' bus='usb'>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </input>
    <input type='mouse' bus='ps2'/>
    <input type='keyboard' bus='ps2'/>
    <graphics type='vnc' port='-1' autoport='yes' websocket='-1' listen='0.0.0.0' keymap='en-us'>
      <listen type='address' address='0.0.0.0'/>
    </graphics>
    <video>
      <model type='qxl' ram='65536' vram='65536' vgamem='16384' heads='1' primary='yes'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x06' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>
    </video>
    <memballoon model='virtio'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </memballoon>
  </devices>
</domain>

 

Link to post
8 hours ago, J05u said:

I log only one red thing

2020-10-01 01:42:52.552+0000: Domain id=8 is tainted: custom-argv

Unfortunately this doesn't say anything, it's a warning you are using custom args, it's not an error, all are receiving this warning since all are using custom args; this means qemu is working as expected, without errors.

Failing is happening during boot, so you need the logs from the bootloader (clover or opencore): without logs it's not possible to help.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.