Unraid Forum 100K Giveaway

I love the community around unraid. It’s super easy to find help with anything. Either the unraid forums or r/unraid I’ve had a great time reading about everyone’s setups and trying to help where I can!

and as silly as it sounds, I’d love the ability to create a traditional raid array in unraid. I wouldn’t mind a two or three drive raid array in addition to my existing unraid array to get some additional read speeds without requiring a cache drive. Like I said. It’s silly and completely defeats the purpose of unraid, but for a few speed sensitive, data heavy applications it could be useful. 

The best thing about unraid, in my view, is that its relatively easy to set up and then automate to run. Its one of the only non-windows system I haven't actually broken from trying to change settings, etc. I remember my last attempt at setting up my pfsense box fucked up to the extent that I gave up and reinstalled it. I'm happy beyond my initial trial and error my UnRaid system has been going strong.

As for something I'd like to see - it would be to have backup functionalities in-built to the system, such that we can back up the whole system to another server /  cloud provider.

The thing I like the most of Unraid is that in start from a USB drive and then just runs in RAM! That's efficient usage of power and storage as its bot using a harddrive for simply a OS.

And about things i'd like to see in 2020, im not yet fully in to usage, did a trial run and now awaiting my Dell R730 to arrive to start my Unraid adventure to the fullest extend!

The best thing about unraid is defiantly the community...You can ask any question about anything, here or on reddit, and someone will know how to help.

Something I would like to see in 2020 is the ability to have more than one array, I know I know, everyone wants it but it would really be a very powerful tool and most of us would utilize.

Keep up the great work everyone!

I think the one thing I like the most is how flexible the OS is while also retaining that ease of use factor.

I think possibly a mobile phone management app could be a cool option as well as the possibility to VNC into VM's that already have GPU's passed through.

I love how integral unraid has become to managing my digital life. Community applications has taken over a lot of menial tasks and allowed me to automate.

I would like to see unraid create a mobile website or app that lets me control the gui easier from my phone over VPN. The website renders on mobile and is somewhat usable, but it's far from perfect.