[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

55 minutes ago, cilius said:

I am using Unraid inside of Proxmox on a ugreen nas with passthrough of the sata controllers. Is there a way to use the Ugreen LED Plugin and if so which hardware needs to be put through? Thanks for your help!

Sorry but I can't give support for virtualized instances from Unraid because there are to many variables involved.

• 3 weeks later...

Does the Intel GPU TOP plugin support Intel Pro A40?   I'm having a little trouble with setup (I can see the device through the command line with lspci, but GPU statistics doesn't show it).   lspci snippet below.

07:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation DG2 [Arc Pro A40/A50] (rev 05)
08:00.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation DG2 Audio Controller

16 minutes ago, MilkmanCDN said:

Does the Intel GPU TOP plugin support Intel Pro A40?   I'm having a little trouble with setup (I can see the device through the command line with lspci, but GPU statistics doesn't show it).   lspci snippet below.

07:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation DG2 [Arc Pro A40/A50] (rev 05)
08:00.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation DG2 Audio Controller

Are you running 7 beta? Required for arc support.

• Like 1

Thank you @SimonF for the amazingly quick response.  Yes, I am running 7 beta and I did a little tinkering with the dashboard settings and got it working!!

For others who may follow in my footsteps with a Pro A40 card, you'll need to select the drop-down in the GPU statistics "Unit ID for Dashboard(Multiple):

image.thumb.png.0967f6cf64e9ebc0ec8a0a47a908bf9b.png 

Selecting both options enabled an extra statistics window.

• Like 2

Hello. Sorry for my English. I use Google Translate.

My server is HP DL380 gen5

RAID controller - P410

Disks: 2x300GB SAS, 2x1000GB SAS, 4x1000GB SATA (i iuse 3pcs RAID10 - 2 + 2 + 4)

I use the plugin - hpsahba. HBA mode is enabled, disks are displayed.

But there is a problem, after rebooting I see only 3 disks out of 8. I don't understand what the problem is.

I see only 2x300GB SAS and 1x1000GB SAS.

The only thing that helps is:
1) turn off HBA mode
2) Reboot the server
3) create a RAID
4) boot into the system and turn on HBA mode again (RAIDs will be automatically deleted and "bare" disks will appear)

Yeah, cool, but this solution is not permanent. Constantly jerking the array back and forth or not turning off the system.

Maybe it is possible to fix the plugin? There is also such an "update" of the plugin, maybe test it?

https://github.com/99dimitris/hpsahba
https://github.com/im-0/hpsahba/issues/37

P.S. Other people have similar problems but with a different controller and as I understand it, all disks are not visible there, not just part.

https://serverfault.com/questions/1142870/hp-smart-array-p812-hba-mode-masked-drives

555.png

3 hours ago, fargotto48 said:

My plugin, or at least the driver package is based on that repository from which you‘ve linked the issue.

However if someone else is having a similar issue I would recommend that you post in that GitHub issue or create a new issue if you have a completely different controller with the details from your server and so on.

I can‘t help since I don‘t have any suitable hardware and I did this plugin on request so that users are able to use their controller with Unraid.

Maybe the drivers are broken for your controller but I can‘t tell for sure.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fargotto48 said:

The thing is, the disks work perfectly. All 8 of them.

But only BEFORE rebooting. After rebooting, I only see 3 disks out of 8

Yeah, but most certainly this is an issue with the driver/hardware and the plugin I provide is just the driver from the repository that you‘ve linked, so to speak, the plugin just loads the driver on boot.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

My plugin, or at least the driver package is based on that repository from which you‘ve linked the issue.

No, no, my friend. Look here.

This is NOT THE SAME PLUGIN!

This is the original (but it seems to have bugs) - https://github.com/im-0/hpsahba

from the author: im-0

And there is a modified one from 99dimitris - https://github.com/99dimitris/hpsahba

So is there an option to make another plugin from Dimitris? or how can I try it?

I really need it!

41 minutes ago, fargotto48 said:

This is NOT THE SAME PLUGIN!

Yes, you've linked two repositories.

Please note that my plugin is based off of that Repository: https://github.com/im-0/hpsahba

Is the other Repository working for you or better speaking has this Repository the fix in it that is working for you or do you just assume that it is working: https://github.com/99dimitris/hpsahba

23 minutes ago, fargotto48 said:

In other words, we all need 2 versions of the "hpsahba" plugin. One from "99dimitris", the other from "im-0"

I'm not sure if I want to do that, wouldn't it be better that im-0 fixes the issue in his code base?

From what I can see im-0 on GitHub is still very active, maybe he can fix that or maybe he can just pull the source in from: https://github.com/99dimitris/hpsahba

This would be my preferred way of doing it. I would rather have one plugin that covers all devices than having two where one only works partially and the other one is just for a specific controller, hope that makes sense.

Did you yet just create an issue on their GitHub?

17 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Did you yet just create an issue on their GitHub?

Honestly, I can't how do it and no my account there. It's better to have 2 versions of the plugin, because one version will suit someone else, and another will suit someone else. And indicate this in the description.

It's a half-hour job for a master (for you).

Or tell me an alternative solution

11 minutes ago, fargotto48 said:

I don't see any activity from the author.

I see a lot of activity from the maintainer:
grafik.thumb.png.959107e5ae7447fc3606bcd72ed49ae6.png

Sorry... I think you got my point wrong about creating a second plugin.

The second repository that you've linked is just a fork and I really don't want to create a plugin from a not maintained repository off that is maybe working for this release but not working for one of the next Unraid releases, I would rather want to have to have the plugin based by a well maintained repository like the one from im-0 (at least it was always well maintained and I hope it still is).

You are the first one who reported such an issue, I assume it was always working for other people in the past since nobody yet reported such an issue.

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry... I think you got my point wrong about creating a second plugin.

Yes, because the HP DL380 G5 comes with p400 (LSI) by default I installed p410 here and it works perfectly.

Maybe my "hodgepodge" is to blame, or maybe something has changed in the new versions of Unraid.

Or maybe my disks are crap or something is conflicting.

But the fact is that at first everything works perfectly. The reboot is to blame (((( The disks are "masked" it seems

13 minutes ago, fargotto48 said:

Maybe install Unraid from scratch? Clean installation

I don't think that this sill solve your issue, I really can't do anything about that unless it is fixed in the repository.

You don't have to reinstall Unraid from scratch since it will be always installed from scratch when you reboot, what you can do is to do a new configuration in the Tools menu and see if that helps.

I'm also can't help with that since I even don't have such hardware.

I swapped the disks. The old installation had the same thing.

Just rewrote Unraid to the flash drive.
Just installed the plugin.

Same behavior. Same disk letters.

If I turn off HBA now, create an array. Unraid boot, then turn on HBA - I will see all 8 disks.

Until reboot. I'll show you now

66666.png

Edited by fargotto48

Here I turned off the HBA and rebooted (the controller detected 8 raids RAID0)

NAS UnRAID did not boot and gave an error "something there 30 seconds".

I did a hard reset and deleted all RAIDs0 (8 pcs).

Booted into the system and turned on the HBA.

I see all the disks.

I reboot - the disks disappear

11.png