[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

46 minutes ago, holloway25 said:

I have now reverted to 6.12.2 (All is working again)

I really can‘t tell whats the issue here, I‘ve now gone through the code and nothing should it prevent from working and the Kernel was only update from 6.1.36 (unRAID 6.12.2) to 6.1.38 (unRAID 6.12.3) which shouldn‘t affect anythig so I‘m not sure what‘s causing this on your system.

Sadly enough I have no hardware on hand so that I could try it and reproduce the error.

Maybe someone else is posting here too then it is worth creating an issue over here in the repository where my plugin is based of: Click

Howdy, I installed the intel top gpu plugin. However, I'm not certain it's actually working. When I type in the command intel_gpu_top, I get the following back: intel_gpu_top > No device filter specified and no discrete/integrated i915 devices found.

Also, when I use the GPU Statistics plugin, it never seems to recognize the Intel iGPU or produce any data. I have an Intel Xeon 2126g running on a SuperMicro X11SCL-F board.

Any ideas how I could troubleshoot?

1 hour ago, zachlovescoffee said:

Sorry about that - here you go!

I don't see a iGPU in your lspci output, are you sure that you've enabled it in the BIOS or at least set it to the primary GPU?

This is the only GPU I see in your system:

07:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ASPEED Technology, Inc. ASPEED Graphics Family [1a03:2000] (rev 41)
    DeviceName:  ASPEED Video AST2500
    Subsystem: Super Micro Computer Inc ASPEED Graphics Family [15d9:1a1f]
    Kernel driver in use: ast
    Kernel modules: ast

Seems like I'm screwed. QuickSync isn't supported by my board's chipset (CH242) :<

This makes no sense to me at all though. How is it possible I am transcoding 4k video and audio on this ASPEED chip vs the Intel 2126g? It seems like the ASPEED chip would toast out? What I observe in unRAID is that whenever transcoding happens, the CPU starts to move big time. So, is it actually working but the values can't be passed into your tool? Should I upgrade my board to a higher than SuperMicro X11?

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/need-quick-sync.24653/

Edited by zachlovescoffee

What I observe in unRAID is that whenever transcoding happens, the CPU starts to move big time.

Yes, because you are using CPU/Software transcoding which will use a lot of power and CPU resources

So, is it actually working but the values can't be passed into your tool?

No, hardware transcoding is not working because you are using CPU/Software transcoding and that is why your CPU is spiking.

intel_gpu_top can't show anything because a ASPEED chip is not a Intel iGPU, so to speak it is not possible for intel_gpu_top any stats from an ASPEED GPU.

Seems like I'm screwed. QuickSync isn't supported by my board's chipset (CH242) :<

This makes no sense to me at all though. How is it possible I am transcoding 4k video and audio on this ASPEED chip vs the Intel 2126g? It seems like the ASPEED chip would toast out? What I observe in unRAID is that whenever transcoding happens, the CPU starts to move big time. So, is it actually working but the values can't be passed into your tool? Should I upgrade my board to a higher than SuperMicro X11?

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/need-quick-sync.24653/

ASPEED is likely for the BMC, you may need to see if there is an option in the BIOS

I have an X10 with no iGPU

IOMMU group 10:[1a03:1150] 03:00.0 PCI bridge: ASPEED Technology, Inc. AST1150 PCI-to-PCI Bridge (rev 03)

[1a03:2000] 04:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ASPEED Technology, Inc. ASPEED Graphics Family (rev 30)

Found this option, but not sure if that is for a DGPU or IGPU 

VGA Priority Use this feature to select VGA priority when multiple VGA devices are detected. Select Onboard to give priority to your onboard video device. Select Offboard to give priority to your graphics card. The options are Onboard and Offboard.

2 minutes ago, zachlovescoffee said:

Would another possibly cheaper option be to purchase a decent dedicated GPU and pass transcoding to it?

My advice would be that you buy something faily recent and low power like a NVIDIA T400, you can get it for about 100,- and it can only consume a maximum of 35W, in idle my card pulls between 2 and 5W.

But do your research first, it can do three simultaneous transcodes and has only 2GB of VRAM but that is enough for most people.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

My advice would be that you buy something faily recent and low power like a NVIDIA T400, you can get it for about 100,- and it can only consume a maximum of 35W, in idle my card pulls between 2 and 5W.

But do your research first, it can do three simultaneous transcodes and has only 2GB of VRAM but that is enough for most people.

so the 2gb is good enough vs the 4gb version? I found a 4gb for $95 bucks. We may have at most 4 transcodes going simultaneously. If our parents use it, then it could add a theoretical 5th.

5 hours ago, zachlovescoffee said:

We may have at most 4 transcodes going simultaneously

This is not possible with Nvidia cards since consumer cards are limited to 3 simultaneous transcodes.

However if you have many 4k content then 4GB seems the better choice to me.

You have to step it up a bit if you want more transcodes to a P2000 to get unlimited transcodes, I can‘t recommend a more recent card since I‘m not familiar with newer cards which have unlimited transcodes enabled.

6 hours ago, zachlovescoffee said:

so the 2gb is good enough vs the 4gb version? I found a 4gb for $95 bucks. We may have at most 4 transcodes going simultaneously. If our parents use it, then it could add a theoretical 5th.

21 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You have to step it up a bit if you want more transcodes to a P2000 to get unlimited transcodes, I can‘t recommend a more recent card since I‘m not familiar with newer cards which have unlimited transcodes enabled.

may as starter here, expand the encoder part and then you can check about capabilities and sessions

https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-and-decode-gpu-support-matrix-new

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is not possible with Nvidia cards since consumer cards are limited to 3 simultaneous transcodes.

However if you have many 4k content then 4GB seems the better choice to me.

Thank you! Yes, lots of 4k content.

2 minutes ago, frodr said:

I'm on 6.12.3. I get air flow readings only. It would be grate to get the other values as well.

I would recommend that you first look in the linked repository if you have to do anything else to get those readigs.

Do you see the values when you issue:

sensors

from a Unraid terminal?

If you see those values you have to extract them yourself, I have no plans on adding a Dashboard card to the plugin.

37 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I would recommend that you first look in the linked repository if you have to do anything else to get those readigs.

Do you see the values when you issue:

sensors

from a Unraid terminal?

If you see those values you have to extract them yourself, I have no plans on adding a Dashboard card to the plugin.

The sensor values are there:

highflownext-hid-3-3
Adapter: HID adapter
+5V voltage:            4.74 V  
+5V USB voltage:        4.95 V  
Flow [dL/h]:          1741 RPM
Water quality [%]:    3334 RPM
Conductivity [nS/cm]:  800 RPM
Coolant temp:          +28.0°C  
External sensor:           N/A  
Dissipated power:       4.29 kW 

The values seems correct except that it says RPM. I dial in on the project. 

Thanks again. 

Hi everyone,

Ive got a problem. I installed the Radeon-TOP Plugin. Checked the GPU Statistic app and could select the GPU (AMD 6950XT). A minute later my whole system crashed and restarted. Now my system needs round about 30W more then before. Cannot restart because of an ongoing parity check. The parity check couldnt complete because of the crash. Does removing the plugin and restarting the system bring back my old power consumption? Or did it brick my card now? Or do I need to also remove some code from a file? I can still use the card in a VM (settings not changed, same Bios) like I did before. But still also idleing doesnt lower the consumption it stays around the same. Want my old consumption back.

Thanks in Advance. 

BR