[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

1 minute ago, PsychoRS said:

Sorry then, I just seen the date/version of your plugin (2022.11.2) and noticed some commits later on on @Frank Crawford github.

The date from the plugin is independent from where the package is created.

You can always check at the Releases tab in my GitHub over here for the plugin and there you have to compare your Kernel version against the available ones here.

Unraid 6.12.1 is based on Kernel version 6.1.34 which my server compiled the package about 2 weeks ago (you can get your Kernel version by clicking on the little "i" in the WebGUI right next to the Unraid version).

Is that up to date enough or do you need a newer package?

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The date from the plugin is independent from where the package is created.

You can always check at the Releases tab in my GitHub over here for the plugin and there you have to compare your Kernel version against the available ones here.

Unraid 6.12.1 is based on Kernel version 6.1.34 which my server compiled the package about 2 weeks ago (you can get your Kernel version by clicking on the little "i" in the WebGUI right next to the Unraid version).

Is that up to date enough or do you need a newer package?

Not really, as I said I thought that the date of the plugin was directly linked to the date the driver was compiled. I see I was wrong.

Really thanks for your work and for your information and quick responses, BTW.

Edited by PsychoRS
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Juani said:

Unraid 6.12. Please, you can update?

Please uninstall the pligin, reboot and the pull a fresh copy from the CA App please.

Can you also please tell me which exact Unraid version are you using?

I have to check when I get home but my server has compiled all plugin packages for each single Unraid version AFAIK.

EDIT: I have now checked the releases and at a first glance the packages are in place for 6.12.x Click

Is your server able to connect properly to GitHub?

24 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please uninstall the pligin, reboot and the pull a fresh copy from the CA App please.

Can you also please tell me which exact Unraid version are you using?

I have to check when I get home but my server has compiled all plugin packages for each single Unraid version AFAIK.

EDIT: I have now checked the releases and at a first glance the packages are in place for 6.12.x Click

Is your server able to connect properly to GitHub?

Now yes, sorry! :)

• Like 1

Hello, I have a noob issue.

I updated Unraid to 6.12.2, and now the igpu stats/dashboard are missing.

I have a intel 12600k and all the stats for the processor are showing fine, but the igpu stats are missing from the dashboard.

I ran intel_gpu_top in terminal, and I tested a transcode on plex, and everything is working fine, just the gui element, and the stats are missing.

Did I forget to turn something on?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Deathmoney said:

I updated Unraid to 6.12.2, and now the igpu stats/dashboard are missing.

Did you upgrade from 6.11.5 to 6.12.2? Are you sure that you are running the correct version from GPU Statistics since 6.12.0 introduced a new maintainer and therefore a new repository.

If you've upgraded from 6.11.5 to 6.12.0 and had still the old plugin installed it was uninstalled on boot and you have to redownload it from the CA App (for 6.12.0+ there is only the new one in the CA App available).

I would also recommend that you post this in the appropriate support thread for the GPU Statistics plugin next time since intel_gpu_top is working correctly.

• Like 2

Hey, I don't know if you can help me with this, but I'll try anyways.

I want to run the Handbrake Container from jlesage (you can see my settings in the screenshot) to convert movies to H.265 using the iGPU. I'm running a self built system with an i3 12100.

Everything on my system works fine, only Handbrake doesn't show the option for H.265 (QSV). However H.264 (QSV) works just fine, which means that the container can access the iGPU.

I've already asked jlesage for help by starting an issue on github. https://github.com/jlesage/docker-handbrake/issues/265

She said that the container doesn't seem to detect the hardware properly, but she doesn't seem to know a solution.
I've seen a Reddit thread where someone said that updating their graphics driver fixed a similar issue for them.
Since the closest I have to a graphics driver is your Intel GPU-TOP Plugin, and because I'm quite desperate to get this working, I'm asking if you have any advice - even though I know you're probably not responsible for this.

Handbrake Settings.png

Handbrake Problem.png

qserver-diagnostics-20230630-1439.zip

45 minutes ago, Qesaru said:

I've seen a Reddit thread where someone said that updating their graphics driver fixed a similar issue for them.

This is most likel not the case, the driver for the iGPUs on Linux are all In Tree drivers which you usually can‘t revert back to another driver.

47 minutes ago, Qesaru said:

Since the closest I have to a graphics driver is your Intel GPU-TOP Plugin, and because I'm quite desperate to get this working, I'm asking if you have any advice - even though I know you're probably not responsible for this.

Intel GPU TOP is only a visualisazion for your iGPU and not a driver.

Is h265 working for example in Jellyfin?

Usually this is something that needs to be solved in the container because the Intel Media Driver is too old or not compatible, at least this was the case back in the day where I built Jellyfin in my own.

• Like 1

@ich777Hi,

i was wondering how to add specific kernel modules to unraid (rapl, msr, intel_rapl_common and intel_rapl_msr) for the telegraf intel.powerstat plugin, so i can monitor power draw and clock speeds in grafana. After googling for a bit i found your unraid-kernel-helper but it seems to be way out of date and not "supported" anymore.

Is there still a way to load those modules? can i use the latest version of the plugin still - can't find any .plg for it anymore.

thank you for your great work!

12 minutes ago, sluggathor said:

Is there still a way to load those modules? can i use the latest version of the plugin still - can't find any .plg for it anymore.

I can pass that through to Tom and see if he implements those modules directly into Unraid.

But clockspeeds (prometheus_node_exporter) and also the power draw (intel_gpu_top) should be visible already or am I wrong?

EDIT: I did a bit of digging:
X86_MSR is already available

CONFIG_INTEL_RAPL is not enabled and I'll have to look into what it depends on but I think on nothing else then the third listed and vice versa
CONFIG_INTEL_RAPL_CORE is also not enabled and the same as for the second listed applies

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

I can pass that through to Tom and see if he implements those modules directly into Unraid.

But clockspeeds (prometheus_node_exporter) and also the power draw (intel_gpu_top) should be visible already or am I wrong?

CONFIG_INTEL_RAPL is not enabled and I'll have to look into what it depends on but I think on nothing else then the third listed and vice versa
CONFIG_INTEL_RAPL_CORE is also not enabled and the same as for the second listed applies

thank you! sounds promising.

On 7/8/2023 at 7:08 PM, ich777 said:

i can use most of the functionality of the powerstat plugin for telegraf (package power) - but frequency and c-state are not working yet. i suppose that's what intel_rapl_core is for.

any news on if it's possible to implement?

THANK YOU for the great support!

i'm was using the sr-iov plugin in unraid 6.12.2. i upgraded to 6.12.3 because i did have the docker unclean shutdown problem. no sr-iov doesn't work.. i found this in the logs.

"Jul 15 12:17:33 Tower kernel: i915 0000:00:02.0: driver does not support SR-IOV configuration via sysfs"

wondering if its a driver issue.

thanks

36 minutes ago, letrain said:

wondering if its a driver issue.

Yes, but I can't do anything about it since @zhtengw compiles the driver package on it's own and you have to wait for him to compile them. :)

I contacted him back when he created the plugin if I should integrate the package build into my build toolchain but he doesn't wanted that and I'm also fine with that.

I already saw you post here:

For now you only can go back to 6.12.2 and wait until he compiled the drivers so that his plugin will work again.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yes, but I can't do anything about it since @zhtengw compiles the driver package on it's own and you have to wait for him to compile them. :)

I contacted him back when he created the plugin if I should integrate the package build into my build toolchain but he doesn't wanted that and I'm also fine with that.

I already saw you post here:

For now you only can go back to 6.12.2 and wait until he compiled the drivers so that his plugin will work again.

thanks for the reply. it was worth a shot. i'll patiently wait. i've lived without it before, i can again. was using gvt-g, and now had sr-iov on new setup. i dont shut down often but i just upgraded my hardware and thought that might of been causing my unmounting during shutdown problem. or my boot usb was starting to go. tried several things and the update fixed my shutdown issue. its not often but reboots and shutdowns do occur.

22 minutes ago, holloway25 said:

I think the NCT6687 Driver is causing hard reboots on unraid 6.12.3

Can you be a bit more precise?

Why do you think it is causing "hard reboots" what do you mean exactly with "hard reboots"?

Please upload your Diagnostics?

I just looked up the downloads for the plugin package for 6.12.3 and it was downloaded exactly 230 times, I think someone else would have reported that too if the plugin causes this.

I apologies for not providing more information in my previous post.
Was working two problems at once.

So, I use the NCT6687 driver with Dynamix Auto Fan Control to adjust the speed of the fans in the array and to get some temperature data.
After I did the update to 6.12.3 it was hard rebooting after 5 minutes (Refresh interval for AutoFan).
Once I worked out what was happening I then disabled some stuff and then tried PWMconfig with the same result.
So on next start up I deleted the nct6687-driver.plg from the plugins folder and then rebooted.
I then reinstall the drive from CA apps but this also caused a hard reboot (Tried this a couple of times).
From startup after the hard reboot it looks to be work as the drive is installed, there is temperature data being read but any attempt to manual adjust a PWM fan will result in a hard reboot.
From what I could gather a hard reboot only happens when manually adjusting a PWM Fan that is controlled by the 6687.

I have now reverted to 6.12.2 (All is working again)

titan-diagnostics-20230716-2105.zip

Edited by holloway25