Error installing Nextcloud with MariaDB

I'm trying to install Nextcloud and use MariaDB with it, but have hit an issue. I have linuxserver's MariaDB container installed and running fine. I'm trying to install and configure the nextcloud nextcloud container, but when I set everything up on the first page of the WebUI and click Finish setup, after a few seconds I get this error:

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No route to host

I have confirmed the address and port are exactly what is being reported by the MariaDB container, which is also the IP of the Unraid server, so I'm not sure why I thinks there is no route to host. Any ideas? Let me know if you need any configs or logs or whatever.

I actually hadn't got to the LetsEncrypt/Reverse Proxy video before stopping due to this issue, so they were both on the host network. I'm going to wipe everything and try again from scratch. I know it's something I am doing wrong or forgetting to do, but it's also sometimes confusing when the videos are made on older versions of Unraid as well as the containers, some things just don't match or make sense anymore. But without the videos I'd be just floundering around in the dark, so I am still very thankful for them! :)

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm having something similar.

The problem happens when installing Mariadb, It is like there is no software available to download.

I get this info:

mariadb.thumb.jpg.2f2753ae7bc08bef089e56e6dc01263c.jpg

I have glass dhcp installed and I kind of think that I have installed it for that docker, but it does not appear on my dockers:

dockers.thumb.jpg.ee6693d68b1062ccbbf5e0be76bc15d7.jpg

Could it be because the array is running?

I am attaching a copy of my diagnostics file.

Thanks!

Update July 18th 2020

It turned out that my ethernet settings had only my router as DNS server, there is nothing wrong to have your router (or gateway) acting as your DNS, however in this case the IP addresses were not being resolved.

I had to stop the array  and then changed the NIC settings adding some DNS servers (ie. 8.8.8.8) and now it is working.

C' ya!

tower-diagnostics-20200716-0917.zip

Edited by rojarrolla
Solution found
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I realised early on that Spaceinvaders video doesn't use the official Nextcloud or MariaDB apps which is different to setup.
the differences are slight, but enough to make things difficult.
Spaceinvaders version doesnt include.

in MariaDB settings
To clear the random password generator

to drop down and show more setting to add your root password
in the setting you can create your database name and password

this means you have no need for the console commands SpaceInvader does.

He also doesn't explain you need to stop your array while you edit the setting.... dockers (advanced view)..... Host access to custom networks:  ENABLE

Once you do that above your off and running :)

Now no offence to Space Invader one, his tutorials are brilliant and we all thank him for them.

but in this case the temptation people have when they see OFFICIAL on an app sends them on a different path when following his videos

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...