Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)

So, any thoughts as to why anything ipmitool related added to the post argument or within the telegraf.conf would cause telegraf to crash/stop? If I take out the ipmitool stuff, telegraf starts up fine.

That, coupled with not being able to get any drive stuff to show up. And no matter what I do, the parity drive always shows as my cache drive (I don't have a parity drive at the moment). I'm following the diskio conversation so will wait and see what that says, but I did all the entries per above and still no drive stuff.

1 hour ago, jmbailey2000 said:

So, any thoughts as to why anything ipmitool related added to the post argument or within the telegraf.conf would cause telegraf to crash/stop? If I take out the ipmitool stuff, telegraf starts up fine.

That, coupled with not being able to get any drive stuff to show up. And no matter what I do, the parity drive always shows as my cache drive (I don't have a parity drive at the moment). I'm following the diskio conversation so will wait and see what that says, but I did all the entries per above and still no drive stuff.

If you are not using a parity drive, you can delete the "paritydrives" variable. First Save your dashboard before making that change so you can revert later if you want and restore it. Then just click the trash icon. Then save your dashboard again and reload.

image.thumb.png.f8183e5caaad2d9163ed847873807d92.png

If you look at the drive queries, you can then remove any references to that variable as needed. I'll look into a NULL value option for variables. If I can find a way to do this, I will add it to version 1.4 for those who don't run specific drive types. For anyone not running Cache drive(s), you can do the same thing and delete that variable. Running without parity seems pretty rare, so I opted to cast the widest use case out of the box. The great thing about Grafana is that you can customize it to your liking/needs. The UUD is just a really great place to start for those that want/need to take it further, or even in an entire new direction.

As for your drive stuff not showing up, please click on the panel(s) in question, then click Explore, and post a screenshot so I can see both the query and data. We can troubleshoot from there. Also please post screenshots of the dropdown for each drive variable so we can see what you are being offered.

image.png.2e41bc2b4cb8a4b069c12f4ca4498f9d.png

Regarding IPMI, many people including myself are using it without any issues. Are you running the IPMI docker? Can you post logs of Telegraf at the time of the crash? Stop the Telegraf docker. Right click the docker and click the log button. Start Telegraf and post the results.

Here is the IMPI section of my Telegraf config. You need to ensure it is enabled here (by uncommenting it).

image.thumb.png.0a6548b98db5f5a731a828e889588f6b.png

You also need to ensure you have loaded the plugin into telegraf and that you have the correct arguments passed to the docker.

image.thumb.png.f8af1c84c462dddfebe00819db517951.png

image.thumb.png.0237f5b427e31ce0d1526d93bb4ab36b.png

All of this info is contained in the 1st post on page 1. There was another user who had a similar issue earlier in this topic too if you want to see that info. Hopefully all of this makes sense. We'll get you figured out. So far I have not had anyone that we couldn't get up an running. 🤜🤛

Edited by falconexe
2 hours ago, J89eu said:

Hi all

I've followed all the dependancies etc but not getting any disks showing, I haev the input source etc all set right... Not sure what's going on

Do you see ANY drives in ANY of the variable drop down menus at the top of the dashboard? Please post a screenshot of your variables as a whole. Like below:

image.thumb.png.6bbf17d5e96ef1e3fdf17968582ee855.png

Did you select/setup your default InfluxDB datasource?

image.png.508d3ce547e03576ea9fda28e09d06ad.pngimage.thumb.png.01b2548045f6d8a83156a7bc7e2e5e4f.png

Edited by falconexe
7 minutes ago, caplam said:

Hi,

very nice setup, use of regex is a big improvement.

Do you plan to add a panel for VM (with the same kind of stats as odcker panel) ?

My setup is similar but i didn't find a simple way to add vm stats. Mine is also based on gilbn dashboard (i also added disk serial as device tag).

As long as the vm has telegraf installed and sends data to the same influx database, you should only need to change the host in the drop down. In theory atleast 

44 minutes ago, GilbN said:

As long as the vm has telegraf installed and sends data to the same influx database, you should only need to change the host in the drop down. In theory atleast 

I'll be adding the host variable to every single query in Version 1.4 for those with multiple servers/datasources. 👍

14 minutes ago, MrLondon said:

There is still something strange going on, as there is no performance data passed through somehow since last night and I still have lots of n/a

@GilbN Can you handle this one? I am actively working on development of version 1.4, and heading to bed soon. It's dark here in the USA LOL. Thanks!!!

Edited by falconexe

VERSION 1.4 Sneek Peek. New Stuff, GUI changes, and continued refinement!

image.thumb.png.9c2ffd12bd393abd075c284d58f04d8d.png

Alt View For RAM DIMM Temps. Still deciding on which one I like more. Trying to make each topic unique looking. VOTE!

image.thumb.png.52eb4282bd58b784c8fb4ec27279d2a8.png

Added the RAM DIMM temps graph to the Detailed Server Performance section. I like the way this one came out. Lots of tweaking ha ha.

1392051990_RAMDIMM.thumb.png.af9f2c14fd9c9c285bd9a9422ae09dee.png

All RAM DIMM panels use REGEX of course, so it should work on ALL UNRAID systems/architecture. They use the IPMI Plugin.

Edited by falconexe
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Alt View For RAM DIMM Temps. Still deciding on which one I like more. Trying to make each topic unique looking. VOTE!

I prefer the second one personnaly. I find it easier to read.

On a side note, it is strange that your 5 fans are all labeled FAN 01.

I'll probably give this a try during the weekend, keep the good work. 👍

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, ChatNoir said:

OK I agree with the second one.

36 minutes ago, ChatNoir said:

On a side note, it is strange that your 5 fans are all labeled FAN 01.

Ha ha yeah I am in a development build and I was messing with the REGEX. Woopsies. Thx for pointing that out.

EDIT: That was actually released in version 1.3 like that. My bad. I've already fixed it and that bug fix will be released in 1.4. There is A LOT of stuff going on. Thousands of lines of code. That's why we keep working on this thing until it is perfect. Thanks again.

10,563 to be exact 😂

image.png.6123068ddd7b9252114251d457355c76.png

Fixed:

image.thumb.png.593d956b68a4b7bee6bb44258359936b.png

Edited by falconexe
1 hour ago, caplam said:

I never tried to install telegraf on my vms as i would prefer to show host resources used by the wm.

Ah, now I understand what you meant. Have you looked at the libvirt  telegraf plugin?

Edit: nvm, doesnt look like it exits yet. Just a PR on their repo. 

Edited by GilbN
3 hours ago, falconexe said:

Do you see ANY drives in ANY of the variable drop down menus at the top of the dashboard? Please post a screenshot of your variables as a whole. Like below:

Did you select/setup your default InfluxDB datasource?

Hi, thanks for getting back to me so fast!! Here's my variables, they all seem correct to me:

image.thumb.png.518754660c24ef2a743db861b74935b6.png

Also my default is indeed set:

image.thumb.png.cddafec1ba89b9e0fbd875b5f38cb8f5.png

Of note is that I also get no SMART data, I did add the telegraf.conf option as advised in the 1st post.

image.thumb.png.f1a0e88c253598359731e0111e4344e8.png

Additionally I'm on the latest 6.9 Beta if that makes any difference 

4 minutes ago, J89eu said:

Of note is that I also get no SMART data, I did add the telegraf.conf option as advised in the 1st post.

image.thumb.png.f1a0e88c253598359731e0111e4344e8.png

Additionally I'm on the latest 6.9 Beta if that makes any difference 

Did you create the container with smartmontools?

Edited by GilbN
3 minutes ago, GilbN said:

Did you build the container with smartmontools?

Hey GilbN, I'm on your Discord if you wanted to chat there about it but appreciate you are not my technical support person! If you mean this line then yes I did do that:

Bash Into Telegraf Docker and Run "apk add smartmontools"

Edited by J89eu

Alright. I'm finally heading to bed, but I've rested (no pun intended, it just came out that way 😅) on the following Overwatch panels for version 1.4. When you add new panels, things must adapt like sizes, position, etc. As always, anyone can change anything. So if you don't like the panels, order, colors, or the entire freakin dashboard, you have the power ha ha. Let me know what you guys think.

image.thumb.png.31fa531265841168a69fe9cb154871fd.png

Edited by falconexe

I seem to have gone backwards as now my panel is not reporting anything I am getting everywhere NO data and in the telegraf logs all I see is the following lines

/bin/sh: 1: apk: not found