[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver

ich777

16 minutes ago, pimmesz said:

The 4080 super is not supported yet by current drivers? I keep getting "NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running."

It is supported AFAIK by the newest driver.

For further troubleshooting your Diagnostics are needed.

Hi y'all,

I'm unable to update the Nvidia plugin & the warning tells me to not reboot until I've fixed it!

Just updating from UnRaid 6.11.5 to 6.12.6.

Firstly the Nvidia Driver plugin seems to want to download v470.141.03 even though it seems to be on 525.89.02 already?

I've checked my Pihole and ad blockers and nothing seems to be blocked.

Any ideas please? Maybe I'm missing something obvious

xafcDEs.png

DBVnh4P.png

kBj3cJG.png

Also many thanks for the plugin, I've been using it for a while and this is my first problem with it!

mantoplex-diagnostics-20240204-1656.zip

Edited by Amantus
22 minutes ago, Amantus said:

I've checked my Pihole and ad blockers and nothing seems to be blocked.

Does your server has a active Internet connection on boot? So to speak does the PiHole that you where talking about run on your Unraid server?

If your server has a active internet connection on boot then simply restart but keep in mind that the boot will take longer since it will download the driver on boot.

hello Ich777

I can't install your nice drivers. I previously had an A380 from intel installed for Plex. Now I wanted to install a T400 for space reasons. but the driver can be installed.

I get this error: 

plugin: installing: nvidia-driver.plg Executing hook script: pre_plugin_checks plugin: downloading: nvidia-driver.plg ... done plugin: downloading: nvidia-driver-2024.01.19.txz ... done +============================================================================== | Skipping package nvidia-driver-2024.01.19 (already installed) +============================================================================== -----ERROR - ERROR - ERROR - ERROR - ERROR - ERROR - ERROR - ERROR - ERROR------ ---Can't get latest Nvidia driver version and found no installed local driver--- plugin: run failed: '/bin/bash' returned 1 Executing hook script: post_plugin_checks

danke für jede hilfe

nucbunker-diagnostics-20240204-1811.zip

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Does your server has a active Internet connection on boot? So to speak does the PiHole that you where talking about run on your Unraid server?

If your server has a active internet connection on boot then simply restart but keep in mind that the boot will take longer since it will download the driver on boot.

Yep, it has internet on boot, the PiHole is on a separate host so no worries about that.

I'll try the reboot, thanks!

Edit: reboot seemed to work fine, nvidia-smi reports that the driver has been updated. All good. Thanks for the gentle guidance!

Edited by Amantus
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Benjamin Weynen said:

At the moment it says in CA that the driver is pending?

Didn‘t you wait until the Done button appeared?

Do you use any Unifi gear since its nutorius for blocking GitHub API requests from GitHub which I use to determine the latest driver version.

I really can‘t help here sonce this seems like some kind of network issue.

33 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Do you use any Unifi gear since its nutorius for blocking GitHub API requests from GitHub which I use to determine the latest driver version.

Not Unifi-switch bud an Brocade-Switch. is there the problem? i try to change the LAN temporary to check

38 minutes ago, ich777 said:

almost the same issue

Bild_2024-02-04_235138969.png

11 hours ago, Benjamin Weynen said:

🤨 i dont understant this failure 😅

This is because the plugin is partially installed, you still haven't uploaded new Diagnostics.

11 hours ago, Benjamin Weynen said:

almost the same issue

Sorry but something on your network seems to be blocking access to the GitHub API, I can't reproduce this over here:

grafik.thumb.png.ab28bf5a4e63cddfcfd4b091d1b2688a.png

Even on the plugin page everything is working correctly:

grafik.thumb.png.422d60fec47c23a5e47fa642ca1d8b14.png

Please try to execute this command from a Unraid terminal:

rm -rf /boot/config/plugins/nvidia-driver*

after that reboot and then try to install the plugin again from the CA App.

Please keep in mind that you have to reboot in between!

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is because the plugin is partially installed, you still haven't uploaded new Diagnostics.

Sorry but something on your network seems to be blocking access to the GitHub API, I can't reproduce this over here:

grafik.thumb.png.ab28bf5a4e63cddfcfd4b091d1b2688a.png

Even on the plugin page everything is working correctly:

grafik.thumb.png.422d60fec47c23a5e47fa642ca1d8b14.png

Please try to execute this command from a Unraid terminal:

rm -rf /boot/config/plugins/nvidia-driver*

after that reboot and then try to install the plugin again from the CA App.

Please keep in mind that you have to reboot in between!

I executed the command and restarted, the error still exists. and now I will send you a current diagnosis according to the procedure and errors. Thanks for your help. Is there a way to manually download and install the driver?

nucbunker-diagnostics-20240205-1504.zip

15 minutes ago, Benjamin Weynen said:

I executed the command and restarted, the error still exists. and now I will send you a current diagnosis according to the procedure and errors.

Oh wait, I see you are using a custom Kernel, sorry can't help with that.

Custom Kernels are not supported.

You can compile the driver yourself but that's up to you, all the necessary steps are in my Nvidia-Driver repository.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Oh wait, I see you are using a custom Kernel, sorry can't help with that.

Custom Kernels are not supported.

You can compile the driver yourself but that's up to you, all the necessary steps are in my Nvidia-Driver repository.

Sorry, I'm not that deep into the topic. But what does “custom kernel” mean exactly? What would I have to do to get your driver to work?

1 hour ago, Benjamin Weynen said:

But what does “custom kernel” mean exactly?

You don't use a official Unraid version from what I can see in your Diagnostics and it was compiled on Ubuntu...

Linux version 6.6.0-rc3-next-20230925-thor-Unraid+ (thor2002ro@ubuntu22-04)

Hello there!

My flash drive died and I had to use one that I had spared at home. After flashing the backup stored on myunraid, I encountered a boot error displaying the following message:

1648037920_ImatgedeWhatsApp2024-02-05ales17_35.53_25208a26.jpg.8c7cbbb366529acf45899aff5b024e4b.thumb.jpg.ea75f7b2a2dffd3fb4bfd8d7304d8fa5.jpg

No changes at the server had been done since the backup and the drive fail and all the plugins/dockers are up to date.

Additionally, I observed a discrepancy in backup sizes. The myunraid backup was approximately 0.5GB, while a personal backup I created a month ago is around 1GB. I am considering trying the larger backup to see if it resolves the issue.

23 minutes ago, Zotarios said:

Additionally, I observed a discrepancy in backup sizes. The myunraid backup was approximately 0.5GB, while a personal backup I created a month ago is around 1GB.

Tha Backup does not include the driver itslef.

Please uninstall the Nvidia Driver and also check if it is in the Plugins section in the Plugin Errors tab if it is then remove it, reboot, install the Nvidia Driver plugin from the CA App and reboot again.

Please do the above step by step.

I assume you don‘t have a active Internet connection on boot or no DNS server on boot because this happened.

Next time please include Diagnostics.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Please uninstall the Nvidia Driver and also check if it is in the Plugins section in the Plugin Errors tab if it is then remove it, reboot, install the Nvidia Driver plugin from the CA App and reboot again.

I wouldn't know how to do so, because the webui is not responsible. Maybe I can try to boot the server with the gui image?

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Next time please include Diagnostics

Same problem... how could I get them?