Forum Release Update

SpencerJ

On 1/15/2021 at 4:41 PM, mgutt said:

Sadly they still did not boost the code formatting.

I mean a loading circle for a simple textarea with optional formatting and this while I'm writing in a WYSIQYG Editor without any loading time?!

1215432243_2021-01-1601_33_30-ForumReleaseUpdate-Announcements-Unraid-PersnlichMicrosoftEdge.thumb.png.5ae905ceec04ccbb157840c79d5658eb.png

And the code view is still a problem on smaller devices as IPS do not use nowrap, which causes misinterpreting the code. Example:

Correct:

785690183_2021-01-1601_37_17-Z490(VisionG)FanSensors-MotherboardsandCPUs-Unraidund1weitereSeite.thumb.png.8810bc36ddf04a89cb256fd42667aa8d.png

Wrong:

994526103_2021-01-1601_36_54-Z490(VisionG)FanSensors-MotherboardsandCPUs-Unraidund1weitereSeite.png.dd937c0b8b8cd17a30d4ccfe49b7c0c9.png

P.S. still waiting for an option to completely disable the code formatting ;)

I will reach out to IPS regarding nowrap and if it is possible to disable code formatting on an individual user basis.

In the meantime, I have added the code block button to the editor on Medium (tablets) and Small (mobile) devices:

IMG_0718.PNGIMG_0719.PNG

When you click the code block, you can choose which syntax you are using. I'll let you know what they say re: your other requests. Please let me know if the above changes improve your experience @mgutt.

On 1/16/2021 at 6:01 AM, JorgeB said:

Another small issue, after approving a new user's first post and getting back to unread/all activity feed it still appears as unread, need to click on it again to be marked as read, this didn't happen before, it was marked as read after approving.

Even more annoying, posts that aren't yet approved won't go away for me, they always show in unread even after clicking on them. Typically that wouldn't be an issue, as a post would either be approved or banned, but with foreign language posts I'm not going to make that call either way.

Just now, jonathanm said:

Even more annoying, posts that aren't yet approved won't go away for me, they always show in unread even after clicking on them. Typically that wouldn't be an issue, as a post would either be approved or banned, but with foreign language posts I'm not going to make that call either way.

"Won't go away for me"- What do you mean? In the approval queue mod section?

3 hours ago, SpencerJ said:

When you click the code block, you can choose which syntax you are using

Is anyone really using this syntax styling? My personal option is, that it is useless. And why is HTML the default?

Thank you for the mobile code button. Life saver ^^

2 minutes ago, SpencerJ said:

Example? 😁

image.thumb.png.b6b5ed0032dd7ec319345b02017b6bf9.png

No duplicated topics, stars on threads I've posted in, and the search seems to have caught up with some stuff that was posted and not showing as unread before, as I was caught up less than 5 hours ago with nothing showing unread, now I have a day old post showing unread. This is a good thing, because I know for a fact I didn't see that old post even though it wasn't listed this morning as new.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Which makes sense, in a perverse sort of way. I can't read it as it's gone, so it's permanently unread.

I'll stop now.

Schrödinger's post?

Ok, thank you very much for the examples. I am unaware of anything changing of late but will make some inquiries. 

If they could fix the forced to click on the itty bitty tiny ball or star to go to first new unread post instead of being able to click on the Thread Title, that would be great. 

When I read the forums on my tablet, I have less than a 1 in 1000 chance of ever actually being able to click on that tiny speck.

Just an FYI guys we are still actively pursuing this with the forum support team. They are looking into this and already resolved an issue with respect to the leaderboard. Hopefully we will get to the bottom of all this very soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

On 1/15/2021 at 1:57 PM, JorgeB said:

Before the update there was a different new content icon for threads you posted before both on the forum and on streams, now it doesn't appear on streams:

Still OK in the normal forum view

image.png.652342f8543c5751041da2e96a515917.png

Not in any stream:

image.png.f9207584870d4c8c67d0fc500cf959fd.png

This issue appears to be fixed.

• Thanks 1

Just throwing this out there is maybe there is someones else experiencing similar issues. I use Bromite on mobile, and everytime I visit unraid forums, the browser hangs and ask to force close. Sometimes it loads the forum homepage, and hangs in the next selected section or sometimes it hangs outright. And it only happens on this page (unraid webgui is fine). Haven't otherwise experienced a browser crash on mobile.

On 1/29/2021 at 12:33 AM, Ver7o said:

Just throwing this out there is maybe there is someones else experiencing similar issues. I use Bromite on mobile, and everytime I visit unraid forums, the browser hangs and ask to force close. Sometimes it loads the forum homepage, and hangs in the next selected section or sometimes it hangs outright. And it only happens on this page (unraid webgui is fine). Haven't otherwise experienced a browser crash on mobile.

Same for me on Chrome on Android.