[Support] binhex - Crafty

On 6/7/2022 at 9:48 PM, dkerlee said:

Just started a 1.19 vanilla java server using Crafty. Working so far! But acts glitchy. Logs show thousands of these:

[Netty Epoll Server IO #9/WARN]: Unexpected exception in the selector loop.
io.netty.channel.unix.Errors$NativeIoException: epoll_wait(..) failed: Function not implemented

The only thing I could find similar to this error was over at mojang.com being able to join multiplayer.

I can join server, but it's lag city.

epoll-errors.png

I am also having this issue and can't find a solution anywhere yet. FYI also getting same errors with binhex-minecraftserver

Same for me... And I get timeout joining (although seem to "run").

[01:14:53] [Network Listener - #0/WARN]: [io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop] Unexpected exception in the selector loop.
io.netty.channel.unix.Errors$NativeIoException: epoll_wait(..) failed: Function not implemented
[01:14:53] [Network Listener - #1/WARN]: [io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop] Unexpected exception in the selector loop.
[01:14:53] [Netty Epoll Server IO #1/WARN]: [io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop] Unexpected exception in the selector loop.

Any ideas?

@NLS It's not bad. All of the different minecraft hosting apps seem to have their own proclivities, this one isn't any different. I've had experience with it before, so that really helped. I was able to get the 1.19 vanilla server up and running without any command line party, other than copying the world files in. How about you take a whack and it and let me know if you need a step by step for it. Better yet, take a peek over at the mineos-node thread to see if that helps.

I hope Craft Controller 4.0 docker is "sooner" rather than "later".
There is already a Crafty 4 container, but I prefer binhex's quality (without having an issue with the other guy - except maybe that his Crafty 3 was not updated ever?).

8 hours ago, dkerlee said:

someone let me know when Crafty 4 makes it into this docker, I'd love to give it a whirl. thanks!

18 hours ago, NLS said:

I hope Craft Controller 4.0 docker is "sooner" rather than "later".
There is already a Crafty 4 container, but I prefer binhex's quality (without having an issue with the other guy - except maybe that his Crafty 3 was not updated ever?).

as crafty v4 is quite different to crafty v3 i have decided to go down the route of a separate image and support thread, it just keeps things simpler, people can move when they like then - please also keep in mind there is no migration script to move from v3 to v4, so this will require some work by the end user, and of course v4 is beta at this time so expect bugs.

crafty v4 is now in CA, please use this new support thread for all discussions regards crafty v4:- 

• Thanks 1
On 6/11/2022 at 1:49 PM, Bobulator said:

Has any1 got Java 1.19 to work? just curious as i updated my minecraft client but not the server

I'm not sure if a fix has already been posted for ionetty issue to do with 1.19 but, I installed a Papermc server using the binhex-minecraftserver docker container and it is working flawlessly.

So to fix the 1.19 issue, try and remove the server files that are originally downloaded with the container (minecraft-server.jar and the world files) and install the latest server files from minecraft.net (do this manually, not through the docker container configuration). Otherwise, install Papermc 1.19. It is a more lightweight and easy to use server version and it works! Plus, you can add plugins to the server.

Let me know if you need any more help to install Papermc 1.19.

Edited by corfoto4
  • 1 month later...
On 6/21/2022 at 5:55 PM, corfoto4 said:

I'm not sure if a fix has already been posted for ionetty issue to do with 1.19 but, I installed a Papermc server using the binhex-minecraftserver docker container and it is working flawlessly.

So to fix the 1.19 issue, try and remove the server files that are originally downloaded with the container (minecraft-server.jar and the world files) and install the latest server files from minecraft.net (do this manually, not through the docker container configuration). Otherwise, install Papermc 1.19. It is a more lightweight and easy to use server version and it works! Plus, you can add plugins to the server.

Let me know if you need any more help to install Papermc 1.19.

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi, wandering if anyone can help.

My docker image keeps filling up, and crafty seems to be the culprit, I initially thought it was due to my mappings, but I had fixed this (or so I thought) and my docker image size decreased, however it has slowly been filling up again and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

I can provide any required information, on request.

Thanks, - Myles

Hi NLS,

Thanks for your response.

The docker logs don't show anything in particular that looks to be an issue.

Here's a picture of my mappings inside the docker template...

image.thumb.png.7494f176a826d7a4f37880ac43c965f6.png

To the best of my knowlege (which is flakey at best), things should be writing to those locations/shares. backups are correctly written to the Minecraft Backups share,  as I can go in and see them there. And my servers themselves are located correctly in /appdata/binhex-crafty. So I'm sure as to what's causing the size of the docker increase.

This screenshot was taken 2 on 30/10/22

image.png.859780c10c8a94efe09fe3ab2a2b8645.png

And this one just now, I've not done anything to the docker except start it up, and it just keeps getting bigger

image.png.d0fa13d671ad431ab4eed268ddfc9153.png

So it must be something to do with how I've got it set up, I just can't figure out what :/

Thanks, - Myles

It's not just the container's logs, it's also crafty's own logs (there is a logs folder in crafty) AND each server's within crafty, own logs (there is a logs folder within each server)!

Seems one of these is bursting with errors.

Also, why you have both crafty and crafty 4?

@Myleslewis looks like Crafty is def the one misbehaving. So, I saw your screenshot up there of part of your Docker config for it, it refers to

/mnt/user/Minecraft Backups

so: make sure that that folder exists in your array.

Also: are you clear how these paths work? Dockers are sorta locked into their own little worlds. When you add a Path to the Docker config, it will give the Docker access to a spot outside it's little Docker universe. In this case, the Crafty Docker thinks it's looking at

/backups

and it will read and write to, where it thinks is /backups

but it will actually be /mnt/user/Minecraft Backups/

like:

/backups -> /mnt/user/Minecraft Backups