[Plugin] Prometheus unRAID Plugins

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Whats the exact issue? Have you followed the instrucions step by step?

What FritzBox are you using?

Fritzbox 6591 Cable (Vodafone Cable Business 1000Mbit / 500Mbit)

For sure I followed step by step. But I cant even find any logs or something after I startet the plugin, restarted prometheus and grafana. Still no data even within Prometheus nothing seems to happen. My NETATMO Station, Unraid Server, WireGuard and AdGuard looksup and shows my stats, but my "Fritte" wont work at all...

13 minutes ago, alturismo said:

i guess its 1000/50 ;) same as me, working fine here, so may take another look

just got my 6591 replaced, worked fine on 7.27 and now 7.29 too

Nah I got a great upgrade here for my upload 🙂 xD

Still cant get it to work. I created now 3 different accounts within my fritzbox but it wont display any stats... Strange..

If I go through my browser to IP:9042/metrics everything appears... Hm... I am confused. xD

Edited by RiDDiX
Metrics
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, merlin.sammetinger said:

the PiHole Plugin does not work.

It wants to download version 2021.2.11 but the correct version should be 2022.2.11

Please fix this

Thank you for the report!

Already saw that you've made a issue on Github about 15 minutes ago, you have to give me a little time on this... :D

Should be already fixed.

Just installed the plugin on the target Unraid system and pointed the YAML on the main system to the target. Fails with "context deadline exceeded". Every mention I've seen of this is that it's either a timeout problem (not in my case) or it's related to a docker change. Now, I'm running this as a plugin but does the plugin still use the docker bridge?

Any other ideas for fixing this? Direct access to the metrics page works fine.

On 2/21/2022 at 1:33 AM, ich777 said:

About what Prometheus plugin are we talking about here? Do you have a screenshot about the error?

I think I've narrowed this down to a problem with the HTML renderer on Unraid. It works fine to pull the 1.2.3.4:9100 page but fails to pull 1.2.3.4:9100/metrics. Just stalls and eventually times out. I have another non-Unraid target machine I'm going to set up to test this.

1 hour ago, Bitbass said:

Works fine against the non-unraid Ubuntu target. So, the problem seems to be with the target Unraid Node Exporter plugin being scraped by another Unraid server. That's pretty specific but it's what I'm finding.

Do you have your Prometheus Docker on a Custom network? If yes you have to enable Allow Host access in the Docker settings.

31 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Do you have your Prometheus Docker on a Custom network? If yes you have to enable Allow Host access in the Docker settings.

Standard installs on both the main node in the docker and the target node exporter plugin. They are on different subnets, if that makes a difference. However, I’m successfully scraping a straight Ubuntu install on the same subnet as the target Unraid plugin. This appears to be a problem with the Unraid docker reading the Unraid plugin node. Everything else works ok. 

1 hour ago, icebreaker01 said:

bei mir läuft der Pihole Exporter, seit  den letzten 2 Updates auch nicht mehr.

Can you please be a bit more specific? What does it display? Can you connect to the metrics page?

The user above you is talking about the Prometheus Node Exporter plugin not PiHole Exporter.

On what version are you?

Please also use English here in the official support thread.

On 2/27/2022 at 7:39 AM, ich777 said:

Can you please be a bit more specific? What does it display? Can you connect to the metrics page?

The user above you is talking about the Prometheus Node Exporter plugin not PiHole Exporter.

On what version are you?

Please also use English here in the official support thread.

I know you weren't asking me but I'm up to date on both the docker primary and the plugin node exporter on the other Unraid. Unraid OS is current on both as well. I also added another bare bones Ubuntu node exporter over the weekend and it works fine. The problem I'm having is strictly from Unraid full scraping Unraid plugin. And I suspect it has something to do with Unraid itself, because I can't curl the plugin address from the CLI on the main Unraid system. Oddly enough, I can curl the plugin from itself.

This would be a bit of work for me but I might be able to do a pcap to see what's going on at the IP level. Parse the actual html GETs.

The problem I'm having is strictly from Unraid full scraping Unraid plugin.

This is something that I can't imagine, have you boot into GUI mode yet and tried to connect to http://YOURunRAIDIP:9100/metrics ?

Oddly enough, I can curl the plugin from itself.

What do you mean with this? The plugin runs directly on Unraid an is not a container...

I really don't get why it isn't working on your system because it is working just fine on mine.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is something that I can't imagine, have you boot into GUI mode yet and tried to connect to http://YOURunRAIDIP:9100/metrics ?

What do you mean with this? The plugin runs directly on Unraid an is not a container...

I really don't get why it isn't working on your system because it is working just fine on mine.

I'm an old crusty IT guy and it doesn't make any sense to me either. This is the error I get from the Docker on the primary Unraid:337772225_ScreenShot2022-02-28at6_06_05PM.thumb.png.f5bb45a7e87ef288bd05f3ed27041c01.png

If I telnet to the primary Unraid and "curl http://172.16.172.30:9100/metrics" it just hangs indefinitely. If I "curl http://172.16.172.30:9100" I get an immediate response of the top level page with a link to the metrics page in the middle.

If I go to http://172.16.172.30:9100/metrics from my Mac mini, which is on the same network as the primary Unraid, I can browse to that, I can curl it, everything works.

If I telnet to the target Unraid and "curl http://172.16.172.30:9100/metrics" I get an immediate response. Not going to localhost, but the NIC's IP from itself. 

So, it's like something on the Primary Unraid, at the system level, is unhappy with the html response from the /metrics page on the target.

@ich777

1. i have this error , after checked usb disk with windows check disk ,is it still here but no error on disk ,also posted message in fix common plugin page.

image.thumb.png.22dc11631df0a3e09724bd54c96276dc.png

2. forgot about Prometheus MSI Afterburner Exporter , i wrote befor ...

i have changed delay to 300sec but still i need restart plugin after booting

for its will work with MSI Afterburner and Prometheus , (for now im shutdown server every night).

is any way you can add checkbox with autorestart on boot maybe?

38 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

1. i have this error , after checked usb disk with windows check disk ,is it still here but no error on disk ,also posted message in fix common plugin page.

This is not really a error, have to tell @Squid about that.

42 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

is any way you can add checkbox with autorestart on boot maybe?

Do you run the VM on Unraid or do you run it on a external machine?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @ich777,

i've set up pihole for unraid and it is running. I set the network type to "custom:br0" and gave pihole a fixed ip adress (192.168.0.2).

My unraids IP is 192.168.0.161

Now I installed your pihole exporter and enabled "Host access to custom networks" as mentioned by you. In the pihole exporter settings I set the configuration as below:

grafik.png.d56a05b3cb247689c384bc717325b1dd.png

I added follwing lines to the prometheus.yaml:

- job_name: 'pihole'
    static_configs:
      - targets: ["192.168.0.161:9617"] # Pi-Hole

In Prometheus I can see that the pihole exporter is up and running:

grafik.thumb.png.03ecc6d9c36f818a718341b0be1b2582.png

But when I'm checking the metrics, there are no "pihole_*" metrics available. Instead there are the same metrics I get from the node exporter (i.e):

# HELP go_goroutines Number of goroutines that currently exist.
# TYPE go_goroutines gauge
go_goroutines 12
# HELP go_info Information about the Go environment.
# TYPE go_info gauge
go_info{version="go1.16.3"} 1
# HELP go_memstats_alloc_bytes Number of bytes allocated and still in use.
# TYPE go_memstats_alloc_bytes gauge
go_memstats_alloc_bytes 4.92672e+06
# HELP go_memstats_alloc_bytes_total Total number of bytes allocated, even if freed.
# TYPE go_memstats_alloc_bytes_total counter
go_memstats_alloc_bytes_total 5.724904e+06
# HELP go_memstats_buck_hash_sys_bytes Number of bytes used by the profiling bucket hash table.
# TYPE go_memstats_buck_hash_sys_bytes gauge

Then I changed the IP in the prometheus.yaml file from the unraid IP (192.168.0.161) to the pihole IP (192.168.0.2). But then prometheus runs into a "connection refused" error:

grafik.thumb.png.77750ba36aaae855d06f6fc308cd86e7.png

What am I missing here?

Greetings

1 hour ago, TexTra said:

But when I'm checking the metrics, there are no "pihole_*" metrics available. Instead there are the same metrics I get from the node exporter (i.e):

This is all that you've got from the exporter or is this just a part?

Have you waited a bit or is this right after you've connected to PiHole?

Are you sure that the API Key is right?

1 hour ago, TexTra said:

"Host access to custom networks"

It may be possible that you have to disable and enable Docker one time to actually activate it once more.

1 hour ago, TexTra said:

Then I changed the IP in the prometheus.yaml file from the unraid IP (192.168.0.161) to the pihole IP (192.168.0.2).

Why? This won't work...