Unraid no webgui, no shares, no disks after booting

1 hour ago, itimpi said:

According to your diagnostics you have too many devices attached for a Plus licence.   Have you got some removable drives plugged in that take you over the limit?

My license - 12 devices and I've got 2xSSDs+1xM.2+9xHDDs+2xUSBs, 1USB with UNRAID OS
USB with Unraid OS is also count? And that's why no webgui, shares and disks???

Edited by m0t0rh3ad
add question and info
57 minutes ago, m0t0rh3ad said:

USB with Unraid OS is also count? And that's why no webgui, shares and disks???

No, the boot drive does not count.    However anything like another USB drive or a card reader does count.    If there is nothing obvious at your end then it might be a case of looking through the diagnostics carefully to see exactly what drives are being seen by Unraid to identify the culprit.

The commonest mistake is to leave a removable drive plugged in (or a spare drive)) which if present at array start time DOES count, although once the array is started such drives can be plugged in without invoking the device limit check.

55 minutes ago, itimpi said:

No, the boot drive does not count.    However anything like another USB drive or a card reader does count.    If there is nothing obvious at your end then it might be a case of looking through the diagnostics carefully to see exactly what drives are being seen by Unraid to identify the culprit.

The commonest mistake is to leave a removable drive plugged in (or a spare drive)) which if present at array start time DOES count, although once the array is started such drives can be plugged in without invoking the device limit check.

Right now I don't have access to server and I can't remove USB Flash Drive, so I can't boot normally before I've remove USB? Is there any possibility to boot UNRAID in my situation?

11 minutes ago, m0t0rh3ad said:

Right now I don't have access to server and I can't remove USB Flash Drive, so I can't boot normally before I've remove USB? Is there any possibility to boot UNRAID in my situation?

Are you saying there IS another drive plugged in that takes you over the limit?   It is not clear to me if by ‘flash drive’ you are referring to the UnRaid boot drive (which does not count towards the licence limit) or another flash drive that would.  

If you ARE over the limit then the only way to start the array would be to remove the extra drive, or to decide to pay the cost of upgrading to UnRaid Pro (which has no attached devices limit).

5 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Are you saying there IS another drive plugged in that takes you over the limit?   It is not clear to me if by ‘flash drive’ you are referring to the UnRaid boot drive (which does not count towards the licence limit) or another flash drive that would.  

If you ARE over the limit then the only way to start the array would be to remove the extra drive, or to decide to pay the cost of upgrading to UnRaid Pro (which has no attached devices limit).

In my case there is no other way than upgrade license, but I don't understand how to do it withiout getting access to UNRAID webinterface?

11 minutes ago, m0t0rh3ad said:

In my case there is no other way than upgrade license, but I don't understand how to do it withiout getting access to UNRAID webinterface?

I must admit that even when over the limit I would expect the GUI to load - just not be able to start the array.   Not sure what to suggest :(  maybe someone else will have an idea.

2 minutes ago, m0t0rh3ad said:

Is it normal to delete manually plg + folder with Plugin name?

Normally one does it via the GUI :)  Manually deleting/renaming the .plg files should only be considered if troubleshooting and doing it via the GUI is not practical.

No idea why that particular plugin should cause your symptoms - it is now a widely used plugin.

3 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Normally one does it via the GUI :)  Manually deleting/renaming the .plg files should only be considered if troubleshooting and doing it via the GUI is not practical.

No idea why that particular plugin should cause your symptoms - it is now a widely used plugin.

I've tried to disable and the enable Plugins one by one and found that when dynamix.unraid.net enalbled - UNRAID WEBUI not booting. So problem with this Plugin and I can't delete it in UI, so I need to do it manually.

1 hour ago, m0t0rh3ad said:

I've tried to disable and the enable Plugins one by one and found that when dynamix.unraid.net enalbled - UNRAID WEBUI not booting. So problem with this Plugin and I can't delete it in UI, so I need to do it manually.

I understand that - the question is why is this happening to you and not all the others using this plugin.   Feels like there may be some additional factor at play.

Sorry for the trouble. So you are unable to access the webgui when there are too many devices connected? This is definitely not the desired behavior :) 

When you get the license sorted would you mind reinstalling the My Servers plugin and confirm all is good? Maybe reboot to be sure everything comes backup and then grab another diagnostics. 

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I can confirm the same issue. I have a 6.9.2 server that had a basic license. I added several new drives and ended up in the same situation. No web access at all, etc. I could sign in at the console command line and was able to review the syslog. I found the entry from ethttpd referencing too many devices. I unplugged disks until I was under the limit for the Basic license then booted up again. Everything came up as expected. I was then able to upgrade my license, shutdown, re-attach my new disks, then boot normally again. I currently have version 2021.07.28.1824 on the My Servers plugin installed. 

41 minutes ago, HarleyH said:

I can confirm the same issue. I have a 6.9.2 server that had a basic license. I added several new drives and ended up in the same situation. No web access at all, etc. I could sign in at the console command line and was able to review the syslog. I found the entry from ethttpd referencing too many devices. I unplugged disks until I was under the limit for the Basic license then booted up again. Everything came up as expected. I was then able to upgrade my license, shutdown, re-attach my new disks, then boot normally again. I currently have version 2021.07.28.1824 on the My Servers plugin installed. 

The issue was fixed in the last version of the plugin :

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1