We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

WebUI issues

I had an OOM event last night that caused my server to freeze up completely. Had to hard reset the server. Now I'm seeing several issues with the webui after several reboots.

The dashboard isn't showing any cpu activity.

804480213_ScreenShot2021-12-01at7_57_03AM.thumb.png.d20e0e00d77624287b0e7bc591ec4ee2.png

None of my connected dives are showing in UD. There are two external drives connected and I can access them via SMB and SSH.

826859008_ScreenShot2021-12-01at7_57_41AM.thumb.png.63a200a74e7f0e30b1359b74ed6053f2.png

Could not download a diagnostics via the tools menu. Had to use SSH to get it.

brunnhilde-diagnostics-20211201-0754.zip

Not sure what to try from here. Would really appreciate any advice.

Tried a file system repair on flash but that didn't find any issue and didn't correct any of the issues. Thought about restoring from My Servers backup but couldn't figure out how to select the backup version to restore from? If I'm understanding the My Servers page it looks like the backup shown was taken after this problem started.

16 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Thought about restoring from My Servers backup but couldn't figure out how to select the backup version to restore from? If I'm understanding the My Servers page it looks like the backup shown was taken after this problem started.

The my servers backup is current only, which isn't a real backup IMHO, but versioning is hard when there are real issues with restoring old backups coming with a risk of losing data. I recommend not relying on the my servers backup for anything but commissioning a new USB stick on a perfectly running server.

Manual backups are still needed for situations where previous versions would be beneficial.

I don't have any insight into your actual current issue though.

How does it act in safe mode?

I recommend disabling array auto start, disable VM and docker services, then start enabling things one at a time assessing stability at each step. I suspect the same event that caused the OOM is trying to continue, like a large processing job in a container or something.

If I delete the UD plugin I the webui shows the unassigned devices but I'm not sure UD is causing the issue. Removing the plugin and doing a clean install doesn't resolve anything. And so far nothing has corrected the dashboard issues. I might try restoring from the My Servers backup to see if that helps.

42 minutes ago, Squid said:

Make sure that safari is up to date.  Clear out your cookies etc.  Try a different browser.

OMG. I wasted most of the day restoring and restarting because of a browser issue. Safari is up to date but I’ll need to update to 6.10 for full compatibility.

The server freeze really had me thinking that the display issues must be related. Starting to look like all the issues happening at the same time is just really bad karma. 😆

1 hour ago, Squid said:
Dec  1 21:30:57 Brunnhilde emhttpd: shcmd (152): smbcontrol smbd close-share 'flash'

With everything else you've been dealing with today, I'd guess either corruption or it's not seated quite right.  (But, I've never seen that error before)  Reboot.

No change. I can actually see one item UEFI~.