unRAID Server Release 5.0-beta7 Available

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

I'm new with unraid and build a new server around the supermicro X7SPA-HF and six 3TB disks with a pro licence.

I precleared 4 disks and ad them to a new configuration and get the blue bal.

When I start the array unraid stops.

Unraid doesnt clear the disks so nothing working now.

How to proceed from here?

Rob

Seeing how you did not include a syslog for analysis, nor a screen shot, nor even tell us what version of unRAID (although it might be 5.0beta7 since you are posting in its thread) we have absolutely no idea.    

You are on beta software, and nobody has an array of 3TB drives that size that I've seen make a post.   We need more clues from you to even begin to help.  

Furthermore, unless you are setting up a completely new array, unRAID will need to clear the disks for you as it will not recognize the pre-clear signature from the 1.11 version of the pre-clear script. (You did not use the newer-beta-version 1.12 of the pre-clear script, but, it really does not matter since unRAID does not recognize the pre-clear signature correctly on 3TB drives in 5.0beta7 regardless.)

Joe L.

Hi

I'm new with unraid and build a new server around the supermicro X7SPA-HF and six 3TB disks with a pro licence.

I precleared 4 disks and ad them to a new configuration and get the blue bal.

When I start the array unraid stops.

Unraid doesnt clear the disks so nothing working now.

How to proceed from here?

Rob

Give it some time.  When I added a 3T drive it took it a long time (over 10 minutes, I don't remember exactly) to put the GPT in place.  But it did eventually work.  If you read my prior posts in this thread you will see it discussed.  Adding multiple drives may serialize the delay (e.g., 10 mins for each drive).  I'd let it sit for at least an hour before giving up.

Tom has reported fixing this lengthly delay in the next beta that we are expecting soon.

Make sure to read the stickies at the top of the general support forum about how to report a problem.

Hi Joe

I think i'm in the 5.07 beta topic and my syslog was 387Kb wich I can't attach.

Hi bjp999 what happend I didn't get the option for formatting the disks.

Now I format the USB stick en placed new software on it and boot.

Everything works now and the disks are now formatting.

Thanks

Rob

Hi Joe

I think i'm in the 5.07 beta topic and my syslog was 387Kb wich I can't attach.

Hi bjp999 what happend I didn't get the option for formatting the disks.

Now I format the USB stick en placed new software on it and boot.

Everything works now and the disks are now formatting.

Thanks

Rob

You can zip and attach your syslog.  If still too big, you can upload it somewhere and post a link.  Pastebin is an example.

Will be interested in your experiences.

Please post your syslogs in .txt format (as you did for the last one--file size will be smaller than .doc and opens quicker).

Also, I noticed your username as "Rob"--I think I recall reading somewhere to keep all usernames lower case. Not sure if that was a recommendation or a requirement, but I'd suggest making it "rob" instead, as I see it didn't like your username, and refers to it as "unknown" or invalid.

Hi

I have a Mac so now I capture the syslog from the usb else its not possible to save a .txt file.

Notice the user name problems they should be lower case.

My noob fidings till now ,it's impossible to ad a 3TB disk to the array.

Precleard disks are not recognized and you get the blue bal the system start to clear the disk but that takes forever and never get finished.

Have to reboot then the bal is green and only have to format the disk.

Now parity is building.

Rob

If your disks are being accessed they will not spin down. Setting the spindown delay to default ("-1") requires clicking the (upper) apply button on each disk's config screen.

I experienced most of the same problems you have found and they are scheduled to be fixed in beta8.

Hi

I have a Mac so now I capture the syslog from the usb else its not possible to save a .txt file.

Yes, you can save to a .txt file on a Mac. Even with TextEdit, you could save to .rtf which would be better than .doc.

But you could use TextMate (commercial software), or other freeware text editors for Mac like TextWrangler (http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/) or you could learn the command line (pico)

I had no problem using 5.0-beta6, but it seems that since installing beta7 I'm not able to build parity without what appears to be a kernel panic.  The system freezes, there's output on the monitor and all the keyboard lights are flashing.  

How do I go about collecting the panic information so I can forward to Lime Tech.?

- Thanks

I had no problem using 5.0-beta6, but it seems that since installing beta7 I'm not able to build parity without what appears to be a kernel panic.  The system freezes, there's output on the monitor and all the keyboard lights are flashing.  

How do I go about collecting the panic information so I can forward to Lime Tech.?

- Thanks

Look at the stickies at the top of the General Support forum for instructions to capture and post a syslog. That, along with details of your configuration (motherboard, controllers, CPU, disks) would be helpful.