[PLUG-IN] NerdTools

27 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

As mentioned in the pinned comment this plugin is now dead and unmaintained.

I see that. second pin post and also the post under that from squid:

just not sure of the dev to make the plugin or 3rd party install an app. looking for clarification.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 1/21/2023 at 9:53 AM, KnifeFed said:

This link does not work, so maybe this endpoint is offline. I would like to reinstate the request for nethogs to be added to Nerdtools as it would be an extremely valuable tool.

Never mind, this plugin is unmaintained, so I have no expectation of these feature requests to be fulfilled. Ah well.

Edited by cybersteel8

To clarify on this: Unraid has the ability to install arbitrary .txz packages automatically at boot, anything in the /boot/extra/ directory will be installed.

? asking for plugins just need to find Slackware-comatible versions online

https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/network/nethogs/

This script is for Slackware 14.2 only and may be outdated.

Source Downloads:
nethogs-0.8.5.tar.gz (002fd7227d8ed2a8b0fcb0a1b44731bf)

unraid terminal:
cd /boot/extra
curl/wget the nethogs and unzip application....

reboot? - should have package.

The curent prolbem is what slackware version is installed...

root@BMM-Unraid:~#  /etc/slackware-version
bash: /etc/slackware-version: Permission denied
root@BMM-Unraid:~# 

There are many repositories.
in the past unraid 5 may have been running 13. IDK the current version of slack wre...
unRAID 5.x.x is Slackware 13.1

For my use case the only need of this plugin is for screen and was for previous FCP plugin uses for application that are not built into unraid.

I'd prefer a full linux distro via lxc if you need to run specific linux applications.

Hi,

I've installed borgbackup package (borgbackup-1.2.7-x86_64-1_SBo_UES.txz) but after every reboot it stops working because one dependency gets broken (python-packaging).

This is the dependency package state after reboot, the toggle is ON but the state reports uninstalled.

Screenshotfrom2024-05-1221-54-39.thumb.png.daffabf1cc580934e9c6ca4cba680cb5.png

Screenshotfrom2024-05-1221-52-09.thumb.png.14c09f111c1a1aed55213d0454b48381.png

And if I try to run a borg command:

Screenshotfrom2024-05-1221-50-46.png.8993e62e6034a82e864c1a76b2879a88.png

The workaround is to toggle off the dependency package button, press apply and after that it'll be reported as "up-to-date" and starts working again but it's annoying to have to do that every reboot.

I have a similar issue with iotop, something is up with my python2 package, i get an error launching iotop, which i can only fix by uninstalling both iotop and python2 packages, then reinstall both. After a reboot issue comes back.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2022 at 10:01 AM, walle said:

I'm really happy to see a Nerdpack replacement! Good work!

The only package I missing now is mtr or mtr-tiny.

For everyone that doesn't know, mtr is similar traceroute but with additional useful information that's really useful tool for troubleshooting network issues. You can read more about it here: https://www.linode.com/docs/guides/troubleshooting-basic-connection-issues/#mtr

+1. MTR is invaluable. Traces each hop and helps track down which hop has latency / dropped packets. Invaluable information when troubleshooting networks with multiple switches or internet issues. I came across this thread after looking for MTR in the current release of UnRAID. It's a pretty standard package, and I'm pretty surprised it isn't included with Nerd Tools as an installable package.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2024 at 5:06 PM, Nuno R. said:

Hi,

I've installed borgbackup package (borgbackup-1.2.7-x86_64-1_SBo_UES.txz) but after every reboot it stops working because one dependency gets broken (python-packaging).

This is the dependency package state after reboot, the toggle is ON but the state reports uninstalled.

Screenshotfrom2024-05-1221-54-39.thumb.png.daffabf1cc580934e9c6ca4cba680cb5.png

Screenshotfrom2024-05-1221-52-09.thumb.png.14c09f111c1a1aed55213d0454b48381.png

And if I try to run a borg command:

Screenshotfrom2024-05-1221-50-46.png.8993e62e6034a82e864c1a76b2879a88.png

The workaround is to toggle off the dependency package button, press apply and after that it'll be reported as "up-to-date" and starts working again but it's annoying to have to do that every reboot.

I have a build of Python + Pip + Borg and instructions here if nothing else ends up working. I'm using it  successfully on 6.12.8 right now. 

• Like 1
On 5/28/2024 at 6:52 PM, jaylo123 said:

+1. MTR is invaluable. Traces each hop and helps track down which hop has latency / dropped packets. Invaluable information when troubleshooting networks with multiple switches or internet issues. I came across this thread after looking for MTR in the current release of UnRAID. It's a pretty standard package, and I'm pretty surprised it isn't included with Nerd Tools as an installable package.

mtr exist but is a manual download and place in extra install folder:

https://slackware.pkgs.org/15.0/slackware-x86_64/mtr-0.95-x86_64-1.txz.html

https://packages.slackware.com/?r=slackware-current&p=mtr-0.95-i586-2.txz

cd /boot/extra/
 wget https://slackware.uk/slackware/slackware64-15.0/slackware64/n/mtr-0.95-x86_64-1.txz

Reboot its installed...

Edited by bmartino1
wrong package - fixed
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

When you turn off and apply it should uninstall.

So I went ahead and reinstalled it, and then turned it off and hit apply, and this time it is showing as uninstalled. Not sure why it was still showing installed the last time (unless I forgot to click on aply after turning it off)?

8 minutes ago, irishjd said:

So I went ahead and reinstalled it, and then turned it off and hit apply, and this time it is showing as uninstalled. Not sure why it was still showing installed the last time (unless I forgot to click on aply after turning it off)?

you can also delete in the folder to remove and reboot

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

mktorrent no longer working in unraid 7 beta. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

mktorrent: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

18 minutes ago, sage2050 said:

mktorrent no longer working in unraid 7 beta. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

I suspect that a lot of packages in Nerd Tools will need to be updated to make them compatible with Unraid 7.0.  You should raise such issues in the Nerd Tools support thread.

Posted (edited)

ipmitool not working in Unraid 7.0.0-beta.1

Same error as has been seen in the past with NerdPack before NerdTools took over: can't open libcrypto.so.1

root@TVHD:# ipmitool
ipmitool: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

If anyone has any advice how to get this going in the meantime, manually I'd love to hear about it (sourcing elsewhere, re-building on this machine, etc.)  Unfortunately the info I've found from a few years back didn't work out (downloading txz from different repo, etc.)

Edited by Espressomatic
On 11/19/2022 at 12:56 AM, u.stu said:

Unraid is slackware, so let's use a slackware package.

# Download libffi from slackware.uk to /boot/extra:
wget -P /boot/extra/ https://slackware.uk/slackware/slackware64-15.0/slackware64/l/libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz

# Install the package:
installpkg /boot/extra/libffi-3.3-x86_64-3.txz

Once you have the package placed into /boot/extra it will be re-installed as needed each time you boot. During boot, Unraid installs all the packages I have in /boot/extra except this one (my best guess is because it thinks it's superseded by libffi-3.4.4 bundled with base Unraid install, provides libffi.so.8 instead of libffi.so.7). You'll probably need to invoke the "installpkg ..." command after every reboot, e.g. by adding it to your /boot/config/go file.   

I don't know if Nerd Tools will remove/replace outdated packages that have been manually downloaded, so leave yourself a reminder to check on this after libffi is added to nerd tools to make sure you're not hanging on to an outdated version.

thx, that also worked on unraid 7 beta. The nerdtools python3 panda package needed this.