[PLUGIN] IPMI for 6.11+

IPMI plugin for unRAID 6.11+ Includes 6.12 support will run pre 6.11

This plugin is for viewing the local or remote sensors and event logs of a motherboard with ipmi. Sensors can be viewed in basic or advanced mode. Sensor reading color will be green if between non critical, yellow for critical and red for non recoverable. Event Log can clear all or individual events. Sensors page will refresh every 10 sec while viewing it. You can turn on  event notification warnings and remote lan monitoring from the settings page.

Load from CA manual option below.

1. Copy the plugin url:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SimonFair/IPMI-unRAID/master/plugin/ipmi.plg

2. Paste url into install plugin text input and click install

Edited by SimonF
  • Thanks 1
  • SimonF changed the title to [PLUGIN] IPMI for 6.11+

I replaced the old addon but yours Simon.

It seems to have recovered the old settings and quieted the server back to it's normal behavior.

I have one issue though. I can't seem to enable the Network connection as it was before.

When I select Yes, 

the fields are greyed out and not active (the MB is properly detected).

image.thumb.png.710dd044bca69d99ea157f84a3c01243.png

When I try to apply, I get back to the 'No' setting and never have the possibility to enter the IP address, login and password.

13 minutes ago, ChatNoir said:

I replaced the old addon but yours Simon.

It seems to have recovered the old settings and quieted the server back to it's normal behavior.

I have one issue though. I can't seem to enable the Network connection as it was before.

When I select Yes, 

the fields are greyed out and not active (the MB is properly detected).

image.thumb.png.710dd044bca69d99ea157f84a3c01243.png

When I try to apply, I get back to the 'No' setting and never have the possibility to enter the IP address, login and password.

Thanks for the report will look into it. Its not active on my Primary machine. Will have to check on one of my test machines.

cat /boot/config/plugins/ipmi/ipmi.cfg does it look ok, I have removed the password.

Does IPMISELD="disable"
IPMIPOLL="180"
NETWORK="disable"
LOCAL="disable"
IPADDR="192.168.1.241"
USER="ADMIN"
DISP_SENSOR1="4"
DISP_SENSOR2="71"
LOADCFG="disable"
IGNORE=""
DIGNORE=""
DASH="enable"
DEVIGNORE="CT500MX500SSD1_"
DEVS="enable"
OVERRIDE="disable"
OBOARD="Supermicro"
OCOUNT="0"
OMODEL="9"
DISP_SENSOR3="205"
DISP_SENSOR4="99"

Edited by SimonF

Here is the content of the file

The IPADDR, USER and PASSWORD are empty 

IPMISELD="enable"
IPMIPOLL="30"
NETWORK="disable"
LOCAL="disable"
IPADDR=""
USER=""
PASSWORD=""
DISP_SENSOR1="4"
DISP_SENSOR2="1009"
LOADCFG="enable"
IGNORE="540,674,808,942,1344,1411,1478,1545,1612,1746,1813,1880,1947"
DIGNORE="205,339,406,540,674,808,942,1344,1411,1478,1545,1612,1746,1813,1880,1947"
DASH="enable"
DEVIGNORE=""
DEVS="enable"
OVERRIDE="disable"
OBOARD="Supermicro"
OCOUNT="0"
OMODEL="10"
DISP_SENSOR3="1143"
DISP_SENSOR4="99"

10 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

Here is the content of the file

The IPADDR, USER and PASSWORD are empty 

IPMISELD="enable"
IPMIPOLL="30"
NETWORK="disable"
LOCAL="disable"
IPADDR=""
USER=""
PASSWORD=""
DISP_SENSOR1="4"
DISP_SENSOR2="1009"
LOADCFG="enable"
IGNORE="540,674,808,942,1344,1411,1478,1545,1612,1746,1813,1880,1947"
DIGNORE="205,339,406,540,674,808,942,1344,1411,1478,1545,1612,1746,1813,1880,1947"
DASH="enable"
DEVIGNORE=""
DEVS="enable"
OVERRIDE="disable"
OBOARD="Supermicro"
OCOUNT="0"
OMODEL="10"
DISP_SENSOR3="1143"
DISP_SENSOR4="99"

Do you have either of these enabled.

Enable monitoring of IPMI sensors and events through the network. Notifications and Fan Control must be stopped to change settings

15 minutes ago, ChatNoir said:

Ok, disabling both allowed me access to the greyed out fields. I cannot connect for some reason though.

Anyway, it's not super important for me, I am really using the plugin for the fan control and that works without being connected.

Thanks for the feedback, but will look into why its not working.

On 3/2/2023 at 4:17 PM, SimonF said:

If you click info on my IPMI entry in CA you should see this and click action to update.

image.thumb.png.99a9977341c63076a8a5d7238c1bd4d6.png

I didn't see an "Update" option under actions for the new plugin, only "Settings" and "Uninstall". Same for the old plugin. Uninstalled the old plugin and then installed the new one. Everything seems to be functioning correctly. Fans stayed steady and all sensors are showing. SuperMicro X10 SLL-F

I really loved this plugin. I had a X8 motherboard with limited IPMI controls but it could read sensors very well.  I just recently upgraded my motherboard/cpu to a H12 series but it picked right up when I had the same username/password as the old controller. 

Everything was working under the older plugin.  I saw the notice about migrating to the newer version and upgraded immediately had the IPMI account locked.  I retyped the password and it worked for a brief second then locked the account out again. 

I have tried creating another user to specifically assign to unRAID.  That also is locked out immediately. 

There are no retry setting or notifications from within unRAID IPMI plugin settings aside from "Connection Failed"

It appears to be hammering the login credentials and ignoring the custom password. 

image.thumb.png.75ab1a8a9824fdc2a7de0437878a0ddf.png

image.thumb.png.71f53ade8589befb7c0b8f046c22cc41.png

I have turned off the Notifications and Fan Control, defaulted the settings and tried to start fresh.  All with the same results.  Please let me know if I can provide any other information.  Thank you for this wonderful plugin and I hope to get it working again soon. 

On 3/6/2023 at 1:39 AM, ephdisk said:

I really loved this plugin. I had a X8 motherboard with limited IPMI controls but it could read sensors very well.  I just recently upgraded my motherboard/cpu to a H12 series but it picked right up when I had the same username/password as the old controller. 

Everything was working under the older plugin.  I saw the notice about migrating to the newer version and upgraded immediately had the IPMI account locked.  I retyped the password and it worked for a brief second then locked the account out again. 

I have tried creating another user to specifically assign to unRAID.  That also is locked out immediately. 

There are no retry setting or notifications from within unRAID IPMI plugin settings aside from "Connection Failed"

It appears to be hammering the login credentials and ignoring the custom password. 

image.thumb.png.75ab1a8a9824fdc2a7de0437878a0ddf.png

image.thumb.png.71f53ade8589befb7c0b8f046c22cc41.png

I have turned off the Notifications and Fan Control, defaulted the settings and tried to start fresh.  All with the same results.  Please let me know if I can provide any other information.  Thank you for this wonderful plugin and I hope to get it working again soon. 

This should be fixed in release 2023.03.10 please test.

• Like 1

@SimonF

Just installed your latest plugin.  It seems to run as "anonymous" just fine and read stats but now is immediately rejecting my "unRAID" user account for BMC. 

The unRAID log doesn't show any activity.  Is there a log that I can help parse and provide to you?

The BMC log doesn't show any activity from user "unRAID" attempting to log in.

Thank you again! I am more than happy to help you test this in any way I can.

Edited by ephdisk
5 hours ago, ephdisk said:

@SimonF

Just installed your latest plugin.  It seems to run as "anonymous" just fine and read stats but now is immediately rejecting my "unRAID" user account for BMC. 

The unRAID log doesn't show any activity.  Is there a log that I can help parse and provide to you?

The BMC log doesn't show any activity from user "unRAID" attempting to log in.

Thank you again! I am more than happy to help you test this in any way I can.

Are you able to post some screen prints, also which options are you looking at? Have you re-entered the user and password?

Do you get connection successful? Also on the readings tab should show the IP address.

image.thumb.png.cbd79a6fee1af29b1e7adb97c398fa19.png

• Thanks 1