Unraid OS version 6.12.3 available

On 7/22/2023 at 1:36 PM, Revan335 said:

The new recommended docker Path is on the 6.12 Documentation/Release Notes -> Docker /mnt/user/docker not /mnt/system/docker on ZFS with special Config.

https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/release-notes/6.12.0

Can you change the default Docker Path and his configuration to this?

Then have new Installations the new Path and Config without reading the Release Notes. When 6.13 or higher released "nobody" read this old Release Notes/Documentation.

Will this always be a requirement for docker directories that are in zfs pools? Would be nice if its automated somehow in the docker settings like a check box that says "Directory is in ZFS Pool" and from here a script kicks if its checked

Has anyone run in to issues with 6.12.2 or 6.12.3 throwing 400 Bad Request web page error? This all started after I upgraded from 6.9 to 6.12 to 6.12.3-rc2 and now in stable 6.12.3.

Unraid works fine for a few days after an array shutdown and reboot, but after that I pretty much can't load anything from from CA (or follow any links through CA for support, info, etc.) and have have a couple of dockers that start throwing the same error when I try and run them.

I couldn't update any plugins or containers before the 6.12.3 upgrade because of this error. Now after the reboot, is working fine, but will only last a few days then start up again with the error.

I can regain control of the main page by clearing cache stuff in Chrome and the main page will work, but nothing else in CA or these couple of dockers.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, jmbailey2000 said:

Has anyone run in to issues with 6.12.2 or 6.12.3 throwing 400 Bad Request web page error? This all started after I upgraded from 6.9 to 6.12 to 6.12.3-rc2 and now in stable 6.12.3.

Unraid works fine for a few days after an array shutdown and reboot, but after that I pretty much can't load anything from from CA (or follow any links through CA for support, info, etc.) and have have a couple of dockers that start throwing the same error when I try and run them.

I couldn't update any plugins or containers before the 6.12.3 upgrade because of this error. Now after the reboot, is working fine, but will only last a few days then start up again with the error.

I can regain control of the main page by clearing cache stuff in Chrome and the main page will work, but nothing else in CA or these couple of dockers.

Thanks!

Like this

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/stable-releases/612-unraid-webui-stop-responding-then-nginx-crash-r2451/?tab=comments

On 7/29/2023 at 2:32 PM, danioj said:

I’m getting a little frustrated with the company and community conversation regarding the macvlan issues.

I see so many posts where users are taken through the same set of questions as others, post your logs, switch to ipvlan (when things don’t work for the user as they did with macvlan), why do you need this, try that etc etc. 

This seems like a waste of time and or a diversionary tactic as either the outcome ends up being the same or the answers from those providing advice imply they know the issue. Therefore why keep repeating.  

I run docker containers, all through a dedicated interface seperate to the main unraid interface, many with their own ip address on various vlans on my network. I have all unifi networking equipment except pfsense as my edge device. Host access to guest networks enabled. I get hit by kernel panics very regularly. Switching to ipvlan does not deliver the same outcome as macvlan in my case so is therefore not the answer. 

I’d really like a comprehensive explanation as to what can be expected to be achieved and what can not with either macvlan and or ipvlan. An honest warts and all answer would be nice as I can see my use case (which is my own) is not unique. 

My ask: Create a honest comprehensive post containing the issue and current explanation, what can be expected to be achieved from each option and don’t leave anything you know (ie even that which relates to why you might consider the “edge” use cases) out, even add what you “think” might be happening or the answer and then make the post a sticky. When a support request gets asked that fits the issue, link to it. Let people discuss it in that thread. Provide updates on progress of a fix or accept limitations of the product. Please. 

Well said, I fully agree.

We are many Unraid users suffering a serious bug in this 6.12.x release, making our servers unusable.

Please handle this case seriously, danioj has proposed several ways to handle and keep us informed.

4 minutes ago, prune said:

Well said, I fully agree.

We are many Unraid users suffering a serious bug in this 6.12.x release, making our servers unusable.

Please handle this case seriously, danioj has proposed several ways to handle and keep us informed.

The problem is solved (for me at least) in 6.12.4-rcX

Edited by Niklas
8 hours ago, Niklas said:

The problem is solved (for me at least) in 6.12.4-rcX

Good to know, thanks Niklas.

I see that there is even an rc19 release.

But all the story should be pinned at the forum homepage, so that users stop upgrading until 6.12.4 is out and the one using 6.12.x can give the RC a try.

• Upvote 1
On 7/22/2023 at 1:36 PM, Revan335 said:

The new recommended docker Path is on the 6.12 Documentation/Release Notes -> Docker /mnt/user/docker not /mnt/system/docker on ZFS with special Config.

https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/release-notes/6.12.0

Can you change the default Docker Path and his configuration to this?

Then have new Installations the new Path and Config without reading the Release Notes. When 6.13 or higher released "nobody" read this old Release Notes/Documentation.

Thanks for mentioning this. We are going to improve how this is handled in a future release. If someone misses the recommendation in the release notes it isn't the end of the world, they will just need to ask for help if they want to delete the Docker directory and start over before we release an update that includes the improvements.

The default of using a btrfs vDisk for Docker data is still the best option for most people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2023 at 4:58 PM, 1812 said:

works fine for me either way on both machines I have running 6.12.3. For reference, I'm on safari Version 16.5.1 (18615.2.9.11.7)

On 8/8/2023 at 6:05 AM, tjb_altf4 said:

sounds like a browser cache issue, try clearing it out.

Issue seemed to have resolved itself over time. Thank you for the insights. Have a great week!