[Support] - Unifi-Controller: Unifi. Unraid. Reborn.

1 hour ago, levnetet said:

Hi guys,

I have a trouble wit service stop at the end. The log shows the following:

(...)
:0 Permanent error code on channel bind request: 403 - Forbidden IP
:0 All TURN channel bindings failed
:0 Unable to read data from SCTP socket. Permanent error: (104) Connection reset by peer
:0 SCTP ingest failed
:0 Unable to do SSL I/O
:0 webRtcId 1 terminated with code: (-2147090409) WebRTC connection interrupted from far side
:0 TCP candidates not supported yet

(...)
(...)
:0 Permanent error code on channel bind request: 400 - Empty port number in channel bind request
:0 STUN id:   4; fd: 194 172.17.0.5:32995 -> 92.249.173.32:52282 (eth0) DTLS id: 14 (92.249.173.32:32995) (PEER) timed out
:0 webRtcId 3 terminated with code: (-2147090409) WebRTC connection interrupted from far side
:0 STUN id:   4; fd: 191 172.17.0.5:51377 -> 192.168.178.185:54448 (eth0) DTLS id: 19 (192.168.178.10:51377) (PEER) timed out
:0 webRtcId 2 terminated with code: (-2147090409) WebRTC connection interrupted from far side

Can you give me some advice?

Thanks a lot in advance

Cheers 

Levente

Not sure what is wrong. Can you check no other dockers are running when you start it to rule out some sort of conflict and check you have enough disk space and so on. Also check your networking is logical. Seems like an error above the container. 

4 hours ago, levnetet said:

Hi guys,

I have a trouble wit service stop at the end. The log shows the following:

(...)
:0 Unable to read data from SCTP socket. Permanent error: (104) Connection reset by peer
:0 Unable to do SSL I/O
:0 webRtcId 1 terminated with code: (-2147090409) WebRTC connection interrupted from far side

(...)
(...)
:0 Permanent error code on channel bind request: 400 - Empty port number in channel bind request
:0 STUN id:   4; fd: 194 172.17.0.5:32995 -> 92.249.173.32:52282 (eth0) DTLS id: 14 (92.249.173.32:32995) (PEER) timed out
:0 webRtcId 3 terminated with code: (-2147090409) WebRTC connection interrupted from far side
:0 STUN id:   4; fd: 191 172.17.0.5:51377 -> 192.168.178.185:54448 (eth0) DTLS id: 19 (192.168.178.10:51377) (PEER) timed out
:0 webRtcId 2 terminated with code: (-2147090409) WebRTC connection interrupted from far side

Can you give me some advice?

Thanks a lot in advance

Cheers 

Levente

https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-unifi-controller/issues/101
This seemed to be a host related issue rather than a container issue.

https://community.ui.com/questions/STUN-Communication-Failed-This-device-is-not-able-to-connect-to-the-internal-STUN-server-/50e7323b-cc91-4738-a19b-eb39a75d3da0

Per unifi support: If the session is considered invalid, just return to the login screen

Otherwise, UNIFI docker shared port issues with stun server:

UDP port 3478

make sure you are using a static ip and custom bro/bond0/eth0 with a static ip and not the docker bridge network.

Please post your docker allocations:
image.thumb.png.15ee46f5117a2900ef7d516ad90d508b.png

hit edit docker at the bottom show docker allocation. This will tell you which docker may be sharing the same port.

Edited by bmartino1
On 4/23/2024 at 7:08 AM, PeteAsking said:

Is the inform ip in the settings set correctly still? (inform host override)

I am unfamiliar with this. Didn't see anything about setting this up in the install instructions for this. I will do some research on the topic to get myself up to speed. And to answer the other reply's question, nothing changed IP-wise. I went ahead and removed this docker container from Unraid and just went back and installed the Unifi Controller on my PC. That is still working for now. I'd love to get it running on my Unraid server so I don't have to keep my PC on and awake at all times. I'll do a bit more research on all of this before attempting again.

Thank you for the replies and advice.

6 minutes ago, pmeledeo said:

I am unfamiliar with this

Under network --> System -->Advanced

image.png.f2e77e568f4f62c377e40bdca3881131.png

Override IP address is IP address of Unraid server on which Unifi controller container is running.  In my case, iIn the example above, it is the IP address of the Unifi device running the network controller software.

10 minutes ago, pmeledeo said:

I am unfamiliar with this. Didn't see anything about setting this up in the install instructions for this. I will do some research on the topic to get myself up to speed. And to answer the other reply's question, nothing changed IP-wise. I went ahead and removed this docker container from Unraid and just went back and installed the Unifi Controller on my PC. That is still working for now. I'd love to get it running on my Unraid server so I don't have to keep my PC on and awake at all times. I'll do a bit more research on all of this before attempting again.

Thank you for the replies and advice.

This basically confirms that the ip changed since the docker/unraid has a different ip to the pc it was on before. You need to set the inform ip and do what bmartino said

15 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

Under network --> System -->Advanced

image.png.f2e77e568f4f62c377e40bdca3881131.png

Override IP address is IP address of Unraid server on which Unifi controller container is running.  In my case, iIn the example above, it is the IP address of the Unifi device running the network controller software.

Thank you for the explanation. This seems to have fixed my problem. I put the IP of my Unraid server in that field and then everything adopted. Thank you all. I'm pretty new to this side of things so been trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi,

I have my repository/tag set to 11notes/unifi:8.1.113-unraid

Noticed this morning that the container said it had an update available. Did the update and the version (specified in the container) updated to 8.1.127 yet my repository/tagtag is still set to 11notes/unifi:8.1.113-unraid

Is this normal?

Edit: everything seems to be working fine after the update

Edited by ultimz
Added more info
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ultimz said:

Hi,

I have my repository/tag set to 11notes/unifi:8.1.113-unraid

Noticed this morning that the container said it had an update available. Did the update and the version (specified in the container) updated to 8.1.127 yet my repository/tagtag is still set to 11notes/unifi:8.1.113-unraid

Is this normal?

Edit: everything seems to be working fine after the update

What version are you running now? 8.1.127 is not supported at this time. 

Edited by PeteAsking
1 hour ago, PeteAsking said:

What version are you running now? 8.1.127 is not supported at this time. 

I am now running 8.1.127

Is that normal behavior for the container to show it has an update even though my tag is set to 11notes/unifi:8.1.113-unraid? Seems strange...

2 hours ago, ultimz said:

I am now running 8.1.127

Is that normal behavior for the container to show it has an update even though my tag is set to 11notes/unifi:8.1.113-unraid? Seems strange...

It looks like tag 8.1.113-unraid was updated a day ago, according to Docker Hub.  Perhaps this push was unintentional?

• Like 1

I agree what appears to have happened is an inadvertent push has incorrectly updated tag 8.1.113 to version 8.1.127. I suggest moving to tag 8.1.127-unraid at this time for consistency and I will have to immediately support this tag due to the error.

To track why or what happened you can use this link as I asked what happened on 11notes github (who runs the scripts that builds the images):

https://github.com/11notes/docker-unifi/issues/16

Kind regards

P

• Thanks 1

I jumped up to this later version also - not by accident but by design - changing tags to suit.  

Is there anything specific to look out for in the release ?  As to why it was not yet supported ?

All seems to be working for my limited stuff (USG, 2 x AP, 1 x 8port switch and 2 x flex).

4 hours ago, vw-kombi said:

I jumped up to this later version also - not by accident but by design - changing tags to suit.  

Is there anything specific to look out for in the release ?  As to why it was not yet supported ?

All seems to be working for my limited stuff (USG, 2 x AP, 1 x 8port switch and 2 x flex).

No it was luckily a very minor update so unlikely to cause a problem. Of course it is supported now due to the error our side if you have any issues. 

34 minutes ago, stevemobs said:

Looking to get into the Unifi game will this docker work with a brand new 

Gateway Max UXG-Max?  I am pretty good with unraid and dockers.

Don't see why not.  I used it with the UXG-Lite with no issues at all.

Hi. The app has been working well for me but all of sudden it won't start and seeing the below in the logs. Anyone know what might be going on?

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x000014ca88aefdcd, pid=1, tid=12
#
# JRE version:  (17.0.10+7) (build )
# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (17.0.10+7-Ubuntu-120.04.1, mixed mode, sharing, tiered, compressed oops, compressed class ptrs, parallel gc, linux-amd64)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libc.so.6+0x93dcd]
#
# No core dump will be written. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /usr/lib/unifi/hs_err_pid1.log
#

12 minutes ago, andyd said:

Hi. The app has been working well for me but all of sudden it won't start and seeing the below in the logs. Anyone know what might be going on?

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x000014ca88aefdcd, pid=1, tid=12
#
# JRE version:  (17.0.10+7) (build )
# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (17.0.10+7-Ubuntu-120.04.1, mixed mode, sharing, tiered, compressed oops, compressed class ptrs, parallel gc, linux-amd64)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libc.so.6+0x93dcd]
#
# No core dump will be written. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /usr/lib/unifi/hs_err_pid1.log
#

Strange, can you click on the docker and then click logs an post any output?

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, andyd said:

That is actually the output. The docker will not start up

You ran out of ram / memory.

What is you docker setting for java ram?
image.thumb.png.f77b1b3a22564f7991dab6c9b4869df6.png

image.thumb.png.9a1750dfdcd541b3d410590a686c5c11.png

Also what is you container tag?

I would have you drop the ram requirement to the bare min.

https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012282453-Self-Hosting-a-UniFi-Network-Server

Per unifi 2 GB is min spec: RAM: 2GB.

under extra parameter st to 2G no 8G. 4G is preferred.

In template, set Mem_Limit to 2048.

This will force set 2GB to the docker for this application.

Edited by bmartino1
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bmartino1 said:

You ran out of ram / memory.

What is you docker setting for java ram?
image.thumb.png.f77b1b3a22564f7991dab6c9b4869df6.png

image.thumb.png.9a1750dfdcd541b3d410590a686c5c11.png

Also what is you container tag?

I would have you drop the ram requirement to the bare min.

https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012282453-Self-Hosting-a-UniFi-Network-Server

Per unifi 2 GB is min spec: RAM: 2GB.

under extra parameter st to 2G no 8G. 4G is preferred.

In template, set Mem_Limit to 2048.

This will force set 2GB to the docker for this application.

It's ...

11notes/unifi:8.1.113-unraid

And the values are the default ones - 2048 for startup and 4096 for limit

Are you saying that MEM_LIMIT and MEM_STARTUP should both be 2048?

And for Extra Parameters, set this to 8GB? What config type is that?

Edited by andyd
1 hour ago, andyd said:

It's ...

11notes/unifi:8.1.113-unraid

And the values are the default ones - 2048 for startup and 4096 for limit

Are you saying that MEM_LIMIT and MEM_STARTUP should both be 2048?

And for Extra Parameters, set this to 8GB? What config type is that?

It seems like unraid is killing the docker. Check you didnt run out of ram globally. Test by stopping all VM’s and All dockers and starting only this one. If it starts then you have some issue above the container you must resolve. 

If you have the extra parameter, which is in the current template for downloading from the community app store. The extra parameter is set to 8 GB which is a pinning parameter you would want to lower that.

Yes I would recommend lowing the other 2 to 2 GB. Then try again.