[Support] - Unifi-Controller: Unifi. Unraid. Reborn.

1 hour ago, bmartino1 said:

Your docker settings are trying to use a macvlan setup per your settings. But there is a known issue with macvlan and bridging on. Yes a call trace is bad, it's a system crash / freeze.

Okay, got it, thanks.  I'll see about switching over to ipvlan.

I apologize if that was not clear. I don't know how to be any clearer.

The failure was entirely mine, not yours. I've always had difficulty understanding networking of all types. I'm not sure why, since other computer concepts I find easy to grasp, but networking is like black magic to me.

Yes, bonding is what you could do to "shotgun" your connection. bonding is more for fail over. Read the tips and tricks for each bonding option type in the picture I sent

Will do.  Not totally sure I'll grasp the implications, but I'll certainly make the effort. :)

I would also recommend these plugins:

if running latest 6.12.8   I am indeed
the Docker.patch2   Got it ✔️

CA Auto Update Applications   no thanks, auto update has bitten me more than once (looking at you, Plex!) lol
Docker Compose   not sure I'd need this one...
Dynamix File manager    Got it ✔️
Dynamix System information   looks useful, thanks
Enhanced log viewer   ooh, this looks nice, will be installing soon.
Fix Common Problems  Got it ✔️
Tips and Tweaks    Got it ✔️
User Scripts   Got it ✔️

Thanks for all the info.  I'll wade through it as I can, and make corrections to my setup as you've outlined.

I appreciate all your time in putting this together for me!

• 2 weeks later...

Just moved to this docker from the unsupported one. Thanks it seems to have worked without any issues.

I did change port 1900 to 1901 to match my old docker settings. Also had to backup from v7.3.83 and do the restore on v7.5.187 which seemed to work fine as well.

• Upvote 1
On 2/23/2024 at 3:10 AM, yverde said:

Hi,

I'm trying to restore a backup from the official desktop controller app.

When I use this container instead my AP shows as adopting then goes to Offline then back to adopting, but never succeed.

image.png.e836f5f973f5c304cc22646cfd237f03.png

image.png.89074a274dbafa949dcc3b3c07febc98.png

The AP is not offline though as all my devices are not connected to it. 

I'm using the new version 8.0.28

Should I be able to restore from a backup made in the official controller?

Thanks!

I just dealt with a similar issues since I just started using this Docker and switched from TP-Link Omada to Ubiquiti UniFi to use the U7-Pro

So in my case yes the reason why it wasnt adopting was not because of this docker but a number of other things.

Need to be on controller 8.0.26 which is not default for the Docker from App

If your like me and are using a non-Ubiquiti gateway you need to be on U7-Pro Firmware 7.0.35 or newer, it was a known issue.

Following this reddit post use SSH to tell the U7-Pro where the inform server is
https://www.reddit.com/r/Ubiquiti/comments/19fgmzl/u7_pro_stuck_in_adopting_on_unifi_network/

Last thing also mentioned in the reddit post that I needed to look into further was was setting Inform Host Override. Once I had that set to the IP of my unraid box everything adopted. Previously the Omada Docker was in Host host mode so the equivalent wasnt needed.

Edited by TheProfosist
  • Upvote 1
14 hours ago, PeteAsking said:

Tag 8.1.113-unraid is currently being tested. Please do not use this tag unless you are prepared to be part of the testing process. 

cheers, I thought I'd give it a go, its installed no problem, but got this message in the output:

WARNING: Your kernel does not support swap limit capabilities or the cgroup is not mounted. Memory limited without swap.

54 minutes ago, rorton said:

cheers, I thought I'd give it a go, its installed no problem, but got this message in the output:

WARNING: Your kernel does not support swap limit capabilities or the cgroup is not mounted. Memory limited without swap.

This message is normal, unraid does not support SWAP by default. It is an unraid limitation.

Posted (edited)

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
|.|.|.|.|.|.|o|o|o|o|o|o|O|O|O|O|O|O|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|O|O|O|O|O|O|o|o|o|o|o|o||.|.|.|.|.|.|
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

██████╗░███████╗██████╗░░█████╗░██████╗░███╗░░██╗
██╔══██╗██╔════╝██╔══██╗██╔══██╗██╔══██╗████╗░██║
██████╔╝█████╗░░██████╦╝██║░░██║██████╔╝██╔██╗██║
██╔══██╗██╔══╝░░██╔══██╗██║░░██║██╔══██╗██║╚████║
██║░░██║███████╗██████╦╝╚█████╔╝██║░░██║██║░╚███║
╚═╝░░╚═╝╚══════╝╚═════╝░░╚════╝░╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═╝░░╚══╝

░█████╗░██████╗░███████╗░██╗░░░░░░░██╗
            ██╔══██╗██╔══██╗██╔════╝░██║░░██╗░░██║
            ██║░░╚═╝██████╔╝█████╗░░░╚██╗████╗██╔╝
            ██║░░██╗██╔══██╗██╔══╝░░░░████╔═████║░
            ╚█████╔╝██║░░██║███████╗░░╚██╔╝░╚██╔╝░
            ░╚════╝░╚═╝░░╚═╝╚══════╝░░░╚═╝░░░╚═╝░░

|.|.|.|.|.|.|o|o|o|o|o|o|O|O|O|O|O|O|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|O|O|O|O|O|O|o|o|o|o|o|o||.|.|.|.|.|.|
                            🅟🅡🅞🅤🅓🅛🅨 🅟🅡🅔🅢🅔🅝🅣🅢

Docker tag: 8.1.113-unraid

NEW: Current recommended Home User tag: 11notes/unifi:8.1.113-unraid

NEW: Current Company/Corporate recommended tag: 11notes/unifi:8.1.113-unraid

Current Critical Infrastructure (no downtime) tag: 11notes/unifi:7.5.187-unraid

Edited by PeteAsking
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, PeteAsking said:

This message is normal, unraid does not support SWAP by default. It is an unraid limitation.

To fix swap messages. You can install the plugin:

image.png.4a7cadf88efc6d99c69e9e016ba417b1.png

The swap file doesn't need to be used, but does need to exist. a reboot may be required after setup.

I recommend making a 2 GB file on the cached drive:
image.thumb.png.bbc83845455a8bf3af22d207d90ff7a6.png

This has been the only fix I have found for some dockers that may show error for swap.

By default, disk configuration, 3 disk min for proper setup

2x disk array disk 1 and parity

1x ?ssd/nvme disk for cache

by default, unraid cached disk is btrfs unless you changed it earlier.

You must have a disk attached to unraid and the disk has to be formatted as btrfs to use the swap plugin.

Edited by bmartino1
26 minutes ago, veeco said:

Thanks for creating this image. I ported over with no problems.

One thing I noticed in the browser console is that font files are failing to load. I'm not sure if this expected:

unifi_font_errors.png

I can check but I doubt it is important 

34 minutes ago, PeteAsking said:

I can check but I doubt it is important 

EDIT: I'll follow up on UI forums, looks like someone else spotted it as well:

https://community.ui.com/releases/UniFi-Network-Application-8-0-24/43b24781-aea8-48dc-85b2-3fca42f758c9#comment/87c8b4cc-3b0e-4927-a271-fc61aedaff24

Looking in the container, I found the files at:

`/usr/lib/unifi/webapps/ROOT/app-unifi/react/fonts/`

I see that js i properly loading, for example:

`https://192.168.3.152:8443/manage/react/js/5869.2f02b1d33b809f53b77e.js`

But the path to the fonts is missing the `manage/react` prefix:

`https://192.168.3.152:8443/fonts/UI_Sans_v8_Regular.eb36d6ff9c768a1639ca397b4dd84137.woff2`

It looks like a Unifi problem with the wrong paths, unless there is some configuration option. You can see the inline style loading the wrong path:

unifi_style.png

Edited by veeco
  • Upvote 2
46 minutes ago, veeco said:

EDIT: I'll follow up on UI forums, looks like someone else spotted it as well:

https://community.ui.com/releases/UniFi-Network-Application-8-0-24/43b24781-aea8-48dc-85b2-3fca42f758c9#comment/87c8b4cc-3b0e-4927-a271-fc61aedaff24

Looking in the container, I found the files at:

`/usr/lib/unifi/webapps/ROOT/app-unifi/react/fonts/`

I see that js i properly loading, for example:

`https://192.168.3.152:8443/manage/react/js/5869.2f02b1d33b809f53b77e.js`

But the path to the fonts is missing the `manage/react` prefix:

`https://192.168.3.152:8443/fonts/UI_Sans_v8_Regular.eb36d6ff9c768a1639ca397b4dd84137.woff2`

It looks like a Unifi problem with the wrong paths, unless there is some configuration option. You can see the inline style loading the wrong path:

unifi_style.png

Thanks. Will just let unifi resolve it then. 

My apologies for necro-ing this post, but I had been following along and got it working; however, I am migrating from a backup and I am getting an error message that the backup is from a newer version that can't be used.

I guess, I'm wondering, how often is the app/docker updated?  I would like to move off of my actual VM and move it to unRAID.

4 hours ago, CrippleZero said:

My apologies for necro-ing this post, but I had been following along and got it working; however, I am migrating from a backup and I am getting an error message that the backup is from a newer version that can't be used.

I guess, I'm wondering, how often is the app/docker updated?  I would like to move off of my actual VM and move it to unRAID.

Are you using the latest tag? It was made available just a few days ago. 

On 2/11/2024 at 9:38 PM, yverde said:

yes that totally worked for me so far thx!

Other question, my backup was made on v8.0.28 but the latest docker is on 8.0.26 as I understand?

Will it eventually be updated to 8.0.28 so I can restore my backup or am I better restart from scratch?

Thanks!

To fix my issue I used a custom:br0 so it has different IP so no more port conflict 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to figure out why my container doesn't see the network traffic for the unraid server it is running on (192.168.1.111)

image.png.5ecaa501d5d61620e64897ab5e94b44d.png

i did not change anything in the docker template, running "11notes/unifi:8.1.113-unraid"

I believe i set up the container without changing any settings other than disabling automatic updates.

12 minutes ago, MammothJerk said:

I'm trying to figure out why my container doesn't see the network traffic for the unraid server it is running on (192.168.1.111)

i did not change anything in the docker template, running "11notes/unifi:8.1.113-unraid"

I believe i set up the container without changing any settings other than disabling automatic updates.

Not sure but there probably isnt much I can do to fix it. The software works however unifi code with all the bugs they insert into it and its a closed box.

• Thanks 1
On 4/19/2024 at 2:17 PM, MammothJerk said:

see post and video:

this has to do with ipvlan network docker.

the mac address of the controller is using the mac address of unraid. Since evening on unraid is using ipvaln in your case for its network, unfi is not seeing the packets to record and display the data.

For this reason, giving it its own network and placing it with its own mac fixes network traffic.

Edited by bmartino1
wrong share see link
  • Like 2
On 2/22/2024 at 9:10 PM, yverde said:

Hi,

I'm trying to restore a backup from the official desktop controller app.

When I use this container instead my AP shows as adopting then goes to Offline then back to adopting, but never succeed.

image.png.e836f5f973f5c304cc22646cfd237f03.png

image.png.89074a274dbafa949dcc3b3c07febc98.png

The AP is not offline though as all my devices are not connected to it. 

I'm using the new version 8.0.28

Should I be able to restore from a backup made in the official controller?

Thanks!

I am actually having this same problem with 8.1.113. First time using this and everything during setup was just fine. Restored backup just fine. But my USG and my U6-Lite are stuck in an "Adopting" and "Offline" loop. Anyone else run into this with 8.1.113 or any suggestions? I've restarted the docker and power-cycled the devices. I didn't change anything during the docker setup. Followed the instructions.

7 hours ago, pmeledeo said:

I am actually having this same problem with 8.1.113. First time using this and everything during setup was just fine. Restored backup just fine. But my USG and my U6-Lite are stuck in an "Adopting" and "Offline" loop. Anyone else run into this with 8.1.113 or any suggestions? I've restarted the docker and power-cycled the devices. I didn't change anything during the docker setup. Followed the instructions.

Is the inform ip in the settings set correctly still? (inform host override)

Edited by PeteAsking
12 hours ago, pmeledeo said:

when restoring a backup config, the devices in the netwrok are looking for the old unif devicve and the old ip of the previous controler. Did the ip address change?

the newer hardware also looks for the controllers mac address to capture and sync. For this reason i would have you double check your docker settings:

Option 1
confirm docker network is mac vlan, make sure ip address is same as controller from backup, add mac address.

Option 2:

Reset the devices to factory reset and readopt devices. They should resync and optain previous settings from your backup.

On 3/7/2024 at 4:59 PM, bmartino1 said:

Let's run through some basic networking and docker settings.

What are your unraids network settings?

I'm more interested in the setting for bridging and bonding...

image.thumb.png.a1448d44a7069793fd8c332f2a9b415f.png

Then what are your docker settings?

image.thumb.png.bee9a07a72ba4fc09b0fb3145295ef6a.png

More interested in Docker custom network type: and host access.

This is my configuration for a proper custom bridge IP settings for macvlan network access.

Depending on how you want to use the docker network and how you want to access dockers from unraid we will need this information to know what type of network setup you are using.

read about docker network types here: https://docs.docker.com/network/ and https://docs.docker.com/network/drivers/

Custom br0 is a type of bridge driver...

By default, Unraid has bridging enabled and wants docker network to use ipvlan.

This changes how docker setups and communicates network traffic to the docker network.

If we run a docker image and set the network to host. The ip to access that docker if it has a webUI will be the same ip as the unraid system. Any ports the docker has will replace unraids ports and is more for items like clam av to scan itself or databases you want on the LAN to be accessible via your local network.

Bridge network mode uses the Unraids Default 172.x.x.x dhcp server and creates a switch port bridge to communicate via sharing your unraids network adapter. your docker is asigned a 172.x.x.x address in bridge mode and how it communicates depends on unraid docker setting, ie macvlan or ipvlan. But more to do with host network access.

Custom br0 means to bridge/bond the eth0 of your unraid and have it share a LAN ip address from your router. In my case my router dhcp is 192.168.1.x meaning the docker will get a 192.168.1.x unless I tell it otherwise. macvlan will make a random mac address to facilitate this, and some firewall/routers will see that your unriads ip is being duplicated or assigned to multiple devices sharing the same ip. (This is why the switch to ipvlan to fix layer 3 networking issues, buts only a problem with vlan network traffic controls...

If I run a macvlan network I can add an extra option and set a custom mac address to help router traffic. (this was required in older settings before "private mac" and phones were connecting to the internet to guarantee a network path access.

macvlan extra parm in docker : --mac-address 02:42:C0:A8:01:XX ->hexadecimal (0123456789abcdefgh) replace xx with a combination of a hexadecimal group...

Then the router can static assign.

Unfi has a host adopt feature that looks for a dns name unifi on the network you want the unfi network application to have a dns name set to unifi. So I also run macvlan to add hostname: extra parameters:

--mac-address 02:42:C0:A8:01:0A --hostname unifi

^This now give me the ability to statically assign an ip address. Via dhcp on custom br0 network which is the LAN DHCP IP from my router...

Unraid to use custom br0 it is recommended to static client asign an ip address. So custom br0 will be 192.168.1.x

this mean I can access the unif application at 192.168.1.x

Basic network that is dependent on what you run and how you run it. We need more info for troubleshooting network like these.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I have a trouble wit service stop at the end. The log shows the following:

(...)
:0 Permanent error code on channel bind request: 403 - Forbidden IP
:0 All TURN channel bindings failed
:0 Unable to read data from SCTP socket. Permanent error: (104) Connection reset by peer
:0 SCTP ingest failed
:0 SCTP ingest failed
:0 Unable to do SSL I/O
:0 webRtcId 1 terminated with code: (-2147090409) WebRTC connection interrupted from far side
:0 TCP candidates not supported yet

(...)
:0 Permanent error code on channel bind request: 403 - Forbidden IP
(...)
:0 Permanent error code on channel bind request: 400 - Empty port number in channel bind request
:0 STUN id:   4; fd: 194 172.17.0.5:32995 -> 92.249.173.32:52282 (eth0) DTLS id: 14 (92.249.173.32:32995) (PEER) timed out
:0 webRtcId 3 terminated with code: (-2147090409) WebRTC connection interrupted from far side
:0 STUN id:   4; fd: 191 172.17.0.5:51377 -> 192.168.178.185:54448 (eth0) DTLS id: 19 (192.168.178.10:51377) (PEER) timed out
:0 webRtcId 2 terminated with code: (-2147090409) WebRTC connection interrupted from far side

Can you give me some advice?

Thanks a lot in advance

Cheers 

Levente