Key Replacement Loop

Atticus

Been using unraid for years. Need to change a usb drive. Trying to use this key replacement thing. Its just stuck in a loop with the popup. 

Backed up the old usb drive. Used the tool to create the new one. Clicked the button in the registration section. Had to setup a forum account because I've never had one. Popup comes up, says close the popup and click the "finish key replacement" button. Do that. New popup. Never ending loop. 

How exactly is this supposed to work? Something I'm missing here? 

I've tried Chrome, FireFox, even used Edge. They all do the same thing. Click the "Replace Key" button. Popup comes up. Shows the correct server. Auto closes. Nothing in the main window now happens. Before there was a "finish replacement" button that just opened the same popup again. 

I don't see the point of this. All the right server details are there. Its the original key from nearly 5 years ago. USB drive has never been changed. 

This is the most frustrating key replacement I've ever done. 

Capture22.PNG

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

@Squid Thats great. Maybe get a reply on Wednesday. Horrible setup.

For what it's worth, while the standard email response to any inquiry to Support might say up to 48 hours, in truth our response time worst case averages up to about 3 hours 24 hours a day.   The goal is one hour response.   Majority of tickets are handled within an hour ish.  Licensing (ie: key transfers) are the priority tickets.  For what its worth, our support department is staffed 365 days a year.  This includes the major holidays.  EG: If you email support because your server needs a license transfer on Christmas day you will get a replacement that day.

By and large, the automated system for transferring does work well for 99% of the users, and further improvements are also in the works.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1