APCUPSD 3.14.10 Plugin for unRAID 5b11+

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I'm running "Apcupsd-3.14.12-i486-4_nro.plg" on unRaid 5.0.5 and everything seems to be working fine, except the fact that I don't get any email notifications and it's making me crazy!!

I have the email notifications extension (from dynamix) installed and it's configured correctly - I get emails when I turn the computer on and off.

I've tried Nezil's and acurcione's scripts but nothing is working for me.

here is my log:

username=root outbytes=1529
Jun 5 02:35:44 unRAID apcupsd[2160]: Power failure.
Jun 5 02:35:50 unRAID apcupsd[2160]: Running on UPS batteries.
Jun 5 02:35:50 unRAID sSMTP[7988]: Creating SSL connection to host
Jun 5 02:35:50 unRAID sSMTP[7988]: SSL connection using RC4-SHA
Jun 5 02:35:51 unRAID sSMTP[7988]: RCPT TO: (553 5.1.2 or other punctuation after the recipient's email address. fq2sm12205269wib.2 - gsmtp)
Jun 5 02:36:10 unRAID apcupsd[2160]: Mains returned. No longer on UPS batteries.
Jun 5 02:36:10 unRAID apcupsd[2160]: Power is back. UPS running on mains.
Jun 5 02:36:11 unRAID sSMTP[8220]: Creating SSL connection to host
Jun 5 02:36:11 unRAID sSMTP[8220]: SSL connection using RC4-SHA
Jun 5 02:36:12 unRAID sSMTP[8220]: RCPT TO: (553 5.1.2 or other punctuation after the recipient's email address. e11sm12177434wiw.19 - gsmtp)

Thanks

Hi,

I'm running "Apcupsd-3.14.12-i486-4_nro.plg" on unRaid 5.0.5 and everything seems to be working fine, except the fact that I don't get any email notifications and it's making me crazy!!

I have the email notifications extension (from dynamix) installed and it's configured correctly - I get emails when I turn the computer on and off.

here is my log:

Jun 5 02:35:51 unRAID sSMTP[7988]: RCPT TO: (553 5.1.2 or other punctuation after the recipient's email address. fq2sm12205269wib.2 - gsmtp)
Jun 5 02:36:10 unRAID apcupsd[2160]: Mains returned. No longer on UPS batteries.
Jun 5 02:36:12 unRAID sSMTP[8220]: RCPT TO: (553 5.1.2 or other punctuation after the recipient's email address. e11sm12177434wiw.19 - gsmtp)

Thanks

Read this post and it should get things working.  I went through the same thing and had to modify some files.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=15583.msg301096#msg301096

Hi,

here is my log:

Thanks

Read this post and it should get things working.  I went through the same thing and had to modify some files.

I also have the same issue, no emails, and the same log info. 

I have installed the newest of Nezils plugins.  From what i could see, no scripts folder had been created.  thought creating the fold, and adding the scripts to it might get the emails working...  no luck. 

Maybe i'm looking in the wrong place, is there a short howto within this tread or elsewhere about how to get the emails working, as a total noob, I have fully exhuasted my own knowledge.

Hi,

here is my log:

Thanks

I have installed the newest of Nezils plugins.  From what i could see, no scripts folder had been created.  thought creating the fold, and adding the scripts to it might get the emails working...  no luck. 

Maybe i'm looking in the wrong place, is there a short howto within this tread or elsewhere about how to get the emails working, as a total noob, I have fully exhuasted my own knowledge.

Look at my post/link above. That states the location you should be looking and what I did to correct the mail issue.  The plugin will do the rest as far as making those files "live".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you remember to remove '.txt' extension?

Did you remember to remove '.txt' extension?

After Acurcione's post, I re-read his original post and noticed exactly that.  I had created /boot/config/plugins/apcupsd/scripts/ but had just copied the attached files, and left the .txt extension.  I removed the .txt and rebooted the server.  Unfotunately I had to leave for work, and did not have time to do any testing...  I will test tomorrow, and let everyone know how it went.

Thanks Frank pointing out simple mistakes is exactly what I need!

If your going to go with the plugin, don't install the unMenu one. Unless it's been updated recently, this is the most recent version.

unMENU has versions 3.14.10, 3.14.3, and 3.14.8.

The latest from Nezil is .12 I think. Definitely more up to date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where do I get the scripts? unraid has become so frustrating when it comes to plugins and scripts. There is no central place for plugins and scripts. Everything is buried in huge threads along with discussion so it's very difficult to figure out which version to get, where to get it, and any other supporting scripts of configuration needed for those scripts and plugins. For example, this thread's first post and title all say one version, but there's a newer version somewhere in this thread. How are people supposed to know that? Then there's Dynamix. Is it just a newer version of unMENU? Should I be running one over the other or both? When I want to install a plugin or package, do I use unMENU, Dynamix, both, neither? When I first started with unRAID years ago things were easy since there was only unMENU and its package manager. Now I'm completely lost, and things have become very difficult for someone who hasn't been very active on the forums the past year or so.

Where do I get the scripts? unraid has become so frustrating when it comes to plugins and scripts. There is no central place for plugins and scripts. Everything is buried in huge threads along with discussion so it's very difficult to figure out which version to get, where to get it, and any other supporting scripts of configuration needed for those scripts and plugins. For example, this thread's first post and title all say one version, but there's a newer version somewhere in this thread. How are people supposed to know that? Then there's Dynamix. Is it just a newer version of unMENU? Should I be running one over the other or both? When I want to install a plugin or package, do I use unMENU, Dynamix, both, neither? When I first started with unRAID years ago things were easy since there was only unMENU and its package manager. Now I'm completely lost, and things have become very difficult for someone who hasn't been very active on the forums the past year or so.

Well, since no one else has jumped in, I will try to help.  First, I feel your pain about the sorry state of unRAID plug-ins.  I, personally, feel that LimeTech should either contribute to the development of certain plug-ins which every system should have (APCUPDs is one of those!!!) and/or maintain a database of the most current plug-ins that have been tested to work properly-- either by the community or LimeTech).  With the current state of affairs, even the most diligent of followers of this forum can't really keep up with the current status (and/or latest version) of unRAID plug-ins! 

Having gotten that out of the way, look at the Reply # 348 of this thread for the latest version of APCUPDS.  Links to the modified scripts can be found in Reply # 358 and 359.  I think I have found the latest ones...  (If I haven't gotten things right, will someone else please jump in and correct me!!!)

EDIT:  Dynamix and unMenu will coexist just fine.  However, don't install the clean powerdown script or APCUPSD from unMenu as Dynamix has an improved version of it included and the APCUPSD script in this thread is also a later version than the one in unMenu.

^^ Thanks. The unMENU version of powerdown is the same as the most recent version available from what I can find: 2.06. I did install it from unMENU. I installed the APC plugin from here, not from unMENU. I'm using the unMENU email plugin too. Will any of this ber a problem?

^^ Thanks. The unMENU version of powerdown is the same as the most recent version available from what I can find: 2.06. I did install it from unMENU. I installed the APC plugin from here, not from unMENU. I'm using the unMENU email plugin too. Will any of this ber a problem?

Ok, it seems to be working, and I did get an email for a lost connection when playing with the setting. But, battery percentage is showing up as 120% when it's at 100%. Is this a known problem?

ETA: I tried pulling the plug to test and the script immediately shuts down the server. I had percentage set to 50 and the UPS was showing 100% on display and 109% in the log when it powered off.

Nezil's plugin Apcupsd-3.14.12-i486-4nr.plg is broken in a few spots and won't install without fixing the following

in the url to download dlandon's powerdown 2.06 script

Line 43 reads

<URL>--no-check-certificate https://github.com/dlandon/unradi-snap/raw/master/powerdown-2.06-noarch-unRAID.tgz</URL>

The d and i is transposed in unraid in the url

Also the MD5 hash is wrong.

I've fixed both those issues.

If you already had the 2.06 powerdown script installed you wouldn't have noticed this as it wouldn't have needed to install it.

I however did not and the plugin would not start because of errors. I'm surprised no one has discovered this before now.

note: To clarify any possible confusion the plugin on post #348 and the one in Nezil's signature are exactly identical except for the filename (nr vs. nro) so this fixes both.

Apcupsd-3.14.12-i486-5nr.plg.txt

Riot,

Thank you very much for correcting the mistake in my version. As I mentioned previously, my wife and I recently had our second child, and that was tying up a lot of my free time. To add to this, my landlord gave us 60 days notice to get out of our house, and I've been working to buy a house (and all the paperwork that involves) ever since!

It's quite a relief to see someone else step up and take over.

My signature has been updated with the latest version.

• 4 weeks later...

I may have done this wrong because I used the last .text file and followed the instructions form post 1.  I got this e-mailed to me overnight -

cron for user root find /mnt/disk[1-9]*/ /boot -name "._*" -depth -print -exec rm "{}" ';'

Inbox

x

Console and webGui login account <mye-mailacct>

12:01 AM (7 hours ago)

to root

/boot/config/plugins/._Apcupsd-3.14.12-i486-5nr.plg

I did it wrong right? 

Any way to check if the APC is working?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As dlandon has updated the powerdown script to v2.07, I have had to edit the last known version of the APCUPSD Plugin that Riot modified. Im sure Nezil will add this to his sig in time but I understand he is very busy at the moment so in the mean time I have attached it to this message. Remember to rename extention to .plg from .txt before adding it to your plugins folder and deleting your old version in this folder.

I only changed the APCUPSD plugin because I have updated to Dynamix 2.2.8 and to power down 2.07 and APCUPSD wanted to keep using powerdown v2.06.

Apcupsd-3.14.12-i486-6_nr-aw.txt