Unraid Forums Upgrade

@SpencerJ You know that Tapatalk no longer works since the forum upgrade right?, if not you do now :-), when attempting to access the forum via TapaTalk i get the message 'Network error please try again later (get config)', it then kicks me out and back to the front screen on TapaTalk, can it be fixed please.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, binhex said:

@SpencerJ You know that Tapatalk no longer works since the forum upgrade right?, if not you do now :-), when attempting to access the forum via TapaTalk i get the message 'Network error please try again later (get config)', it then kicks me out and back to the front screen on TapaTalk, can it be fixed please.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Maybe this is also from interest (from a post in the German subforums) :

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/471716-tapatalk-on-ips-47/

Tapatalk support has been removed at the recommendation of the IPS team. Our single sign on provider does not work with Tapatalk, and after discussions with the team over at Invision they recommended removal as it will not work for many new users. That thread goes into some more detail on Tapatalk, we also ran into similar problems.

This upgraded forum version does support running as a PWA (progressive web app), so you can pin it to your phone's homescreen and it will act more like a native application.

We're taking all this feedback into account and will be doing our best to adjust the theme over the next few weeks to better suit everyone's requests.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, elibosley said:

Tapatalk support has been removed at the recommendation of the IPS team. Our single sign on provider does not work with Tapatalk, and after discussions with the team over at Invision they recommended removal as it will not work for many new users. That thread goes into some more detail on Tapatalk, we also ran into similar problems.

This upgraded forum version does support running as a PWA (progressive web app), so you can pin it to your phone's homescreen and it will act more like a native application.

We're taking all this feedback into account and will be doing our best to adjust the theme over the next few weeks to better suit everyone's requests.

Thanks for the reply, personally for me I don't mind saying bye to Tapatalk as long as there is a mobile friendly replacement, which by the look of it there is!, just tried hitting the forum and yep it looks pretty good on the face of it, time will tell what functionality is missing (if any).

Figured out PWA's allow you to 'add to Home screen' which is kinda cool, makes it feel a little more app like 🙂

1 hour ago, binhex said:

Thanks for the reply, personally for me I don't mind saying bye to Tapatalk as long as there is a mobile friendly replacement, which by the look of it there is!, just tried hitting the forum and yep it looks pretty good on the face of it, time will tell what functionality is missing (if any).

Figured out PWA's allow you to 'add to Home screen' which is kinda cool, makes it feel a little more app like 🙂

Exactly - for users that would like the "Tapatalk" experience - here is a guide I found on adding to the home screen on Android and iOS:

https://www.lbbd.gov.uk/add-webpage-your-smartphonetablet-home-screen

On 5/2/2024 at 2:16 PM, elibosley said:

so you should see a dramatic improvement in mobile browsing, as that has been a major focus of the IPS team recently.

Not that I do a lot of mobile browsing, so not a big deal, but it's worse for me, we can no longer see and go directly to the last post in any subforum, that would save some time for less used subforums, also the posts text appears smaller to me, and harder to read comfortably, but maybe I just need new reading glasses.

1 hour ago, elibosley said:

Exactly - for users that would like the "Tapatalk" experience - here is a guide I found on adding to the home screen on Android and iOS:

https://www.lbbd.gov.uk/add-webpage-your-smartphonetablet-home-screen

still not a good solution, there are web pages which can be installed as "app", this is just a shortcut ...

for users like me which dont use shortcuts on their smartphone ... nevermind, less reading then ;)

Was this forum upgrade included in my lifetime license?!? Or do I have to subscribe to keep it???? I don't understand how these new license systems work.... am I grandfathered? What about new users? Are security updates included? They really should be IMO.... This all smells like a cash grab to me.....If only there were an FAQ I could read and comprehend....

(I'm just messing around, nobody get their knickers knackered ❄️)

• Haha 2