Influencers Plug-ins-[UNPLUGGED] Support & Download-Sab, CP, Sickbeard, + more!!

Not right now, I've got a few things I want to complete with those I'm currently maintaining and with the holiday season coming up Im not sure how much time I'll have to devote.

If you'd like to take a stab at it I'd be happy to help you along the way. I haven't been paying attention, is the plugin no longer being maintained?

Both plugins haven't been touched since October 2011 and work pretty quirky. I would like to figure out how to merge their functionality and make it cache installable. I wish their was a way for it to auto update but CrashPlan changes the path to the installers so that's probably a no go. What would be a good starting point to look at creating plugins? Is there any tutorials?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bumped into an other issue with both Sabnzb and sickbeard.

They run fun for a while, can reboot and they are still okay.

But after a while (I cant be more specific, but lets say anything over 12 hours) of running the server they lose their settings, including the sickbeard DB.

Sickbeard just stops with an error about missing tables in the DB, I then restart it and all shows and setting are gone.

If I restart Sabnzb then all settings are gone as well.

I have it installed on my cache drive, so first thought was that the mover had run. But my apps directory (in which they are installed) is set to Cache only.

So I am a little lost what is going on here, anyone any idea what I can try?

I bumped into an other issue with both Sabnzb and sickbeard.

They run fun for a while, can reboot and they are still okay.

But after a while (I cant be more specific, but lets say anything over 12 hours) of running the server they lose their settings, including the sickbeard DB.

Sickbeard just stops with an error about missing tables in the DB, I then restart it and all shows and setting are gone.

If I restart Sabnzb then all settings are gone as well.

I have it installed on my cache drive, so first thought was that the mover had run. But my apps directory (in which they are installed) is set to Cache only.

So I am a little lost what is going on here, anyone any idea what I can try?

Can you check your log to see if it is happening the same time every night? Then see what time the mover script is actually running.

Hey Influencer, can I ask you a question about the design of your plugins in general?  I took a look at the plg files... if I am understanding them correctly, your plugins download all the necessary packages on every load, correct?  So, in essence, every reboot?  Thanks!

The way the plug-ins work is all of the files at the start of the plug-in, like this:

<FILE Name="/boot/packages/packagename.txz Run="upgradepkg --install-new">

<URL>url/to/package</URL>

<MD5></MD5>

</FILE>

are first checked for in the directory to see if they exist. So on first install, if the package has never been installed, it gets downloaded and then installed. If the package already exists in /boot/packages/ it is only installed as it does not need to be downloaded again.

Now, as for the app itself, for example sabnzbd, the source is downloaded and installed on every reboot.

@greenythebest, sorry I didn't see your post. Its not a no in the future but for now a most likely not. I'm open to the possibility but as I stated earlier when asked about crashplan, I've got a few things I want to finish with what I'm currently maintaining, and I'm not sure how much time I'll have during the upcoming holiday season.

The way the plug-ins work is all of the files at the start of the plug-in, like this:

<FILE Name="/boot/packages/packagename.txz Run="upgradepkg --install-new">

<URL>url/to/package</URL>

<MD5></MD5>

</FILE>

are first checked for in the directory to see if they exist. So on first install, if the package has never been installed, it gets downloaded and then installed. If the package already exists in /boot/packages/ it is only installed as it does not need to be downloaded again.

Now, as for the app itself, for example sabnzbd, the source is downloaded and installed on every reboot.

@greenythebest, sorry I didn't see your post. Its not a no in the future but for now a most likely not. I'm open to the possibility but as I stated earlier when asked about crashplan, I've got a few things I want to finish with what I'm currently maintaining, and I'm not sure how much time I'll have during the upcoming holiday season.

Alright, thanks for getting back to me. Hopefully you'll have time sometime in the future. Thanks for all your hard work!

Lol im having problems

I installed dropbox plugin

By using it, i get a folder on my cache

/mnt/cache/Dropbox/Nzb

Now i want to use that folder to contain my nzbs, so sabnzb uses it for watched folder

But when i fill this in, i get, sabnzb cant make folder...

Nor can i browse to it..

I think its a permission issue or something, how do i fix this?

Bobbin and skank, run this:

chmod -R 777 /path/to/problem/directory

I tried

Chmod -R 777 /mnt/cache/Dropbox/Nzb

But still problem remains..  Sabnzb says cant make folder "/mnt/cache/Dropbox/Nzb" when i try to set is as watched folder

When i try to browse to it , it shows up Dropbox in blue letters and inside there arent any folders.. Although there are!

I tried

But still problem remains..  Sabnzb says cant make folder "/mnt/cache/Dropbox/Nzb" when i try to set is as watched folder

When i try to browse to it , it shows up Dropbox in blue letters and inside there arent any folders.. Although there are!

did you click on that link and register it with dropbox? sounds like dropbox just hasnt synched.

I tried

did you click on that link and register it with dropbox? sounds like dropbox just hasnt synched.

Yes

It has synced and is idle now

Strange thing

/mnt/cache/Dropbox/Nzb didnt work

But i also have user and user0 under mnt

I tried /mnt/user/Dropbox/Nzb and now it works

I dunno where user and user0 under mnt come from..

If I remember correctly:

/mnt/user is your shares (including whatever is currently cached)

/mnt/user0 is your shares without the contents that are still cached

so assuming that you have a share named Dropbox and it is set to cache only I think you have it just the way you are trying to get it.

Just wanted to drop you a thank you, Influencer. I have been rolling my own manual setup for sab and Sickbeard for quite some time now, but never had an easy option for updating sab or the dependencies. Your plugins are solid. Took a little while to transfer over my configs and such so everything stayed the same, but its running great. Thanks for your contributions to the community!

Strange thing

/mnt/cache/Dropbox/Nzb didnt work

But i also have user and user0 under mnt

I tried /mnt/user/Dropbox/Nzb and now it works

I dunno where user and user0 under mnt come from..

If I remember correctly:

/mnt/user is your shares (including whatever is currently cached)

/mnt/user0 is your shares without the contents that are still cached

so assuming that you have a share named Dropbox and it is set to cache only I think you have it just the way you are trying to get it.

Ok thx

Archived