Influencers Plug-ins-[UNPLUGGED] Support & Download-Sab, CP, Sickbeard, + more!!

emhttp and unmenu will not start following install of SABnzbd from the GUI.  It will install successfully and run just fine but once I reboot nothing comes up.  I have to telnet in and remove the plugin and then reboots just fine.  I couldn't figure out the problem but believe I've isolated it down to this plugin as I've removed everything and installed each plugin one at a time testing if it will reboot or not and this seems to be the culprit.  Here is my syslog

syslog-bad.txt

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

emhttp and unmenu will not start following install of SABnzbd from the GUI.  It will install successfully and run just fine but once I reboot nothing comes up.  I have to telnet in and remove the plugin and then reboots just fine.  I couldn't figure out the problem but believe I've isolated it down to this plugin as I've removed everything and installed each plugin one at a time testing if it will reboot or not and this seems to be the culprit.  Here is my syslog

Sab is installing an earlier version of OpenSSL, the plugin needs to be edited to download the latest version

Quote from: HarryRosen on September 06, 2013, 01:10:15 AM

yes it seems sab kills the openvpn, how did you get sab to use the proper ssl??

use notepad ++ to edit the sab.plg file

ctrl + h to find/replace

replace openssl-0.9.8r-i486-3.txz with openssl-1.0.1e-i486-1.txz (1 instance) - dont replace the second instance, use the below

replace http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-13.37/slackware/n/openssl-0.9.8r-i486-3.txz with http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-current/slackware/n/openssl-1.0.1e-i486-1.txz (1 instance)

replace dd6ef02ebfe3e54fc54c03a52f736197 with 3ef010a9da36b042d6724ebf00061192

if youre not comfortable with doing it, pm me and i will put the modified one on dropbox for you to download. It works on my system but i dont know what other plugins you use.

once i work out how to use github i will try to get influencer to accept it.

EDIT: if you update the plg via the GUI you will have to edit the above again

Quick question on CouchPotatoV2:

As i understand it....The initial config file (settings.conf) for the plg when it is installed for the first time is boot/config/plugins/couch...

This conf file however only holds the basic info that CP uses. Once CP has been installed what files does it then use to save further settings you make? For example on the dev build that i use from github it has categories that one can set up so that when you download something renamer will put it in a specific folder.

If someone can send me a PM bringing me up to speed on whats needed/wanted I'll work at getting these updated ASAP. Promotion + moving = no time!

I merged all of Sacretagents changes into a new branch named Update-Packages. I'm going to pull everything to my system to check it all out and then I have no issues pushing it to master.

If someone can send me a list of need-to-do's I'll work on getting them added in, would save me a lot of time reading all that I've missed up to this point.

Quick question on CouchPotatoV2:

As i understand it....The initial config file (settings.conf) for the plg when it is installed for the first time is boot/config/plugins/couch...

This conf file however only holds the basic info that CP uses. Once CP has been installed what files does it then use to save further settings you make? For example on the dev build that i use from github it has categories that one can set up so that when you download something renamer will put it in a specific folder.

I can't speak to what the dev branch does, but the current master branch writes all settings to that file. /boot/config/plugins/couchpotato/settings.conf

You can shoot a question to the CP dev and ask where those new settings are being written, he might be tossing them into the database instead of writing them to the .conf file.

Again guys, sorry for being MIA so much the past...year. A lot of changes going on and I can never get settled long enough to catch up here. I had stretched myself thin with a promotion, new business ventures, helping out on a blog and many other things. I've been having a great time but not much time to sit back and obviously some hobbies have gone to the back burner. I'm trying to trim back my ventures so I can focus more on a few. Paraphrasing a quote, its better to master a few than dabble in many.

Added a plug-in for NZBmegasearch today, I've tested it and everything seems to be working fine. Because the app is still in its infancy there are not a lot of options available for me. I cannot set the data directory among other things so for now this app needs to be installed to a data persistent location such as the cache drive or an array drive. If you save it to the default location on the ramdisk it WILL be wiped out every reboot and you WILL have to set it back up.

It is currently uploaded to the dev branch, you can right click and "save as" HERE!

Check the install and data directory. Its sounds like you have installed it to the USB (boot) rather than the cache drive. When you change the install directory, the plugin will tell you whether your data will persist or not

Its installed in the same place as SAB, CP, and Headphones. All of those say the data will persist.

Check and be sure that the data directory is not being hit by the mover script. From the sounds of it the mover script is kicking in and moving the database from where sickbeard is expecting it, causing your corruption and loss of settings. I'd suspect if you look on your array drives you'll find the database and likely the entire data directory.

If someone can send me a PM bringing me up to speed on whats needed/wanted I'll work at getting these updated ASAP. Promotion + moving = no time!

I merged all of Sacretagents changes into a new branch named Update-Packages. I'm going to pull everything to my system to check it all out and then I have no issues pushing it to master.

If someone can send me a list of need-to-do's I'll work on getting them added in, would save me a lot of time reading all that I've missed up to this point.

Hi influencer, welcome back and thank you for taking the time to continue your support. Ill happily go through this thread (tomorrow night hopefully) and create a list.

To kick this off, A lot of plugins now have an update feature, for example would be useful in transmission.

In the couchpotato and sickbeard plugins the advanced GitHub option is hidden until a new install location is entered. It would be nice to always have this option open as one can then flick between dev and master.

The default transmission config file is missing a lot of features, such as watch directories. There is a template on the transmission site.

Plg update checker, not just an update button...ie it could check every time the plugin is viewed in webgui and tell us there is a newer version.

A request for a new plugin...web server, like simplefeatures but without the need to replace the official webgui with SF-core :)

Request to turn deluge from this forum into a plugin :)

What do you mean by an update feature? Unless there is a source I'm unaware of (highly likely) transmission has to be compiled for slackware, I know a user here has been compiling the newest releases. An "updater" in my mind would be difficult for that.

I can unhide those options in CP and sickbeard easily, I'll get that done and pushed this afternoon. Only issue with this is the way I install is using the "update" flag which only overwrites files with newer files. Not difficult but will have to check what the ramifications of it will be (if mixed versions of files got left behind for some reason).

I purposefully left the transmission config file empty only adding the port option. This was because I didn't want to over complicate the system and the user will have to go into the config anyway to set those options. I can add a more fleshed out version, no big deal there.

I'll have to look to see if there is a way to check specific files on github. Using the hash like sickbeard or CP does to find if updates are available won't work quite right because its the hash of the entire repo. I'd need the hash for individual files.

The two requests are noted.

What do you mean by an update feature? Unless there is a source I'm unaware of (highly likely) transmission has to be compiled for slackware, I know a user here has been compiling the newest releases. An "updater" in my mind would be difficult for that.

I can unhide those options in CP and sickbeard easily, I'll get that done and pushed this afternoon. Only issue with this is the way I install is using the "update" flag which only overwrites files with newer files. Not difficult but will have to check what the ramifications of it will be (if mixed versions of files got left behind for some reason).

I purposefully left the transmission config file empty only adding the port option. This was because I didn't want to over complicate the system and the user will have to go into the config anyway to set those options. I can add a more fleshed out version, no big deal there.

I'll have to look to see if there is a way to check specific files on github. Using the hash like sickbeard or CP does to find if updates are available won't work quite right because its the hash of the entire repo. I'd need the hash for individual files.

The two requests are noted.

Ah, i was unaware of how transmission got updated. piotrasd keeps un up-to-date version of packages at https://app.dumptruck.goldenfrog.com/p/Vq3zpArAKB that might help? This is where i have gone in the past to manually update transmission.

SB & CP updates are carried out from within themselves or can manually be cloned via git "clone -b" where -b is the branch designation, for example: git clone -b develop https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotatoServer.git..... This ties in with my earlier question of where the settings are stored as this will overwrite them. It would perhaps be possible to use the git pull" command as everything seems to be going over to github.

I did have updaters for Sickbeard and couchpotato. I removed them as it is done in-app. My thought on this is the apps do it so no need to reproduce their work. Plus if you have access to unraids GUI you can have access to the apps as well.

I'll have to look at how the transmission packages are uploaded. If there is some way to track when a new release has been uploaded I can do it. If not then it will have to be manual.

I merged the pull requests with the Update-Packages branch, will run the updates tonight and check everything out, then push to master.

Ideally if the repository that you use to upload these packages could have some sort of list I could scrape. Something as simple as a little page like Sabnzbd uses that lists the latest version, or even something that I can get the hash of like we currently do for git repo's.

Of course most of the packages it doesn't matter, they aren't/won't be updated frequently enough for it to matter, it'd be easier to just update the plug-in. But for something like Transmission where updates are more frequent, it'd be nice to have things a little more automated so updates to Transmission wouldn't require an update to the plug-in.

ok i get lifetime in copy.com 256GB :D:D:D

And is possible setup static link do folder :) with files

example:

this is link to view files in folder

https://copy.com/KiBxhkJlNCmsuhbJ

and here how looks links to files

https://copy.com/8Zye0EQw7L6sy72K/unrad-generic/libevent-2.0.21-i686-1PTr.txz?download=1

https://copy.com/8Zye0EQw7L6sy72K/unrad-generic/transmission-2.82-i686-1PTr.txz?download=1

https://copy.com/8Zye0EQw7L6sy72K/unrad-generic/openldap-client-2.4.34-i686-1PTr.txz?download=1

(please note, you must delate from adress on end, this part "?download=1" anyway link still will be good and files downloading ;) )

Now i think will be easy add to plugin some check rules of packages version

btw. im know there is new unrar 5.0 but this version dont work with couchpotato - im already checked, so please dont try put new version into plugin

I make already new pull request i hope somebody could finish this

I'll look at nzbdrone, a web server and deluge. I've got another plugin idea I'm chewing on atm but it will take a bit more time to get released. Right now I'm still playing with it to see if what I want to do is even possible.

Sounds good!

@piotrasd excellent work as always! I hope you can get WW in on the action...

Archived