unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta4-x86_64 Available

Have you tried to see if there's an updated BIOS? Maybe there is something funky with your current one.

that did it!

Thanks for pointing the obvious I missed =)

No problem. Glad it was a quick/easy fix.  :)

Odd, so it started, I started up a VM, noticed my passthrough settings were wrong.  I destroy the VM, my screen goes blank, and then it drops off the network.  On a reboot, it's again hanging on QEMU starting....

I'm perplexed.

Me too.

The only two things I could think of to try would be to reset BIOS settings to default and reconfigure (I know you've enabled VT-d, but maybe some other setting is an issue). The other would be to maybe test the RAM? Both of these are just guesses without a solid foundation, but is all I can think of off top of my head.

Hopefully someone else will jump in with some other suggestions for you.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case anyone is curious, this is very helpful for those using a media server such as Plex in IronicBadgers ArchVM appliance.

Thanks to the update in beta 4 where Tom patched the NFS security exports, a more simplistic method of accessing media served by Dom0 user shares from within the arch VM itself.  For example, I have Plex Media Server running on IronicBadger's Arch VM Appliance (v4 image base).  My ArchVM is a DomU.  My Dom0 host serves /mnt/user/Media as an NFS share (configurable under the webGUI under user shares; public setting).  Thanks to AutoFS running in the Arch VM, all NFS shares that are available on the network are automatically mapped/mounted to the /net folder on the Arch VM.  So from within Plex Media Server (connecting via the webGUI) you can add media and just browse back to the root of the VM, then net, and voila, your NFS exports are there!!  Happy media serving  ;D ;D

I really would be much happier if the system didn't automatically turn every top-level directory into a user share

+1

Feature Request - The option for

Automatically Created (the way it works now) or Manually Created Only user shares

Would rather not have to start directory names with a "." to have unRaid ignore them.

Why not put those directories on a disk that is excluded from user shares?

I keep the contents of each disk categorized by function.  Its not a big deal either way, but the sysadmin in me would like to have the choice.

Out of curiousity, if you go into the webGUI and go under shares and select the directories you don't want "shared", what happens if you turn SMB/NFS to "No"?  Do you just not want to see it in the webGUI?  Just trying to understand...

Have you tried to see if there's an updated BIOS? Maybe there is something funky with your current one.

that did it!

Thanks for pointing the obvious I missed =)

No problem. Glad it was a quick/easy fix.  :)

Odd, so it started, I started up a VM, noticed my passthrough settings were wrong.  I destroy the VM, my screen goes blank, and then it drops off the network.  On a reboot, it's again hanging on QEMU starting....

I'm perplexed.

Any chance you can share your logs?

Well, I need to get Powerdown added, because as of right now, it hangs whenever I have vt-d enabled.

Let me get the powerdown package added, which should then give us the logs.

FWIW, disabling vt-d in BIOS let's it boot into Xen with no issues, and I can run my Windows VM as well.

-Marcus

I'm not sure that this is the correct place for reporting 'oddities' with addons in V6, but I'm not sure that there is a better place to group them all together.

1) My RocketRaid 620 controller is no longer appearing in /proc/bus/pci/devices, so elkay14's script for enabling extra AHCI compatible chipsets is no longer working for me.

2) Enabling the cache_dirs plg does some very strange things (creating cpu-hogging processes, preventing clean shutdowns, etc) even though it is supposed to be 'noarch'.

3) apcaccess (part of the apcupsd plugin) sometimes takes a long time to return output and sometimes fails altogether - I cannot see any pattern for the failures:

root@Tower:~# apcaccess
Error reading status from apcupsd @ localhost:3551: Connection timed out

4) A statically-linked image fails to run, although the same image will run in 64bit Ubuntu:

root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins# minidlnad --help
-bash: /usr/sbin/minidlnad: cannot execute binary file

5) I am unable to get logitechmediaserver (aka squeezeboxserver, slimserver) running because of missing perl modules:

The following modules failed to load: EV HTML::Parser JSON::XS Digest::SHA1 YAML::XS Sub::Name

I was trying to run the last two as plugins until I get to grips with using a VM.

On the better side, fan_speed appears to be working well, as are my dovecot and mpop plugins.

I still want to get a tftp server running and to play with MariaDB.

I'm not sure that this is the correct place for reporting 'oddities' with addons in V6, but I'm not sure that there is a better place to group them all together.

1) My RocketRaid 620 controller is no longer appearing in /proc/bus/pci/devices, so elkay14's script for enabling extra AHCI compatible chipsets is no longer working for me.

2) Enabling the cache_dirs plg does some very strange things (creating cpu-hogging processes, preventing clean shutdowns, etc) even though it is supposed to be 'noarch'.

3) apcaccess (part of the apcupsd plugin) sometimes takes a long time to return output and sometimes fails altogether - I cannot see any pattern for the failures:

root@Tower:~# apcaccess
Error reading status from apcupsd @ localhost:3551: Connection timed out

4) A statically-linked image fails to run, although the same image will run in 64bit Ubuntu:

root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins# minidlnad --help
-bash: /usr/sbin/minidlnad: cannot execute binary file

5) I am unable to get logitechmediaserver (aka squeezeboxserver, slimserver) running because of missing perl modules:

The following modules failed to load: EV HTML::Parser JSON::XS Digest::SHA1 YAML::XS Sub::Name

I was trying to run the last two as plugins until I get to grips with using a VM.

On the better side, fan_speed appears to be working well, as are my dovecot and mpop plugins.

I still want to get a tftp server running and to play with MariaDB.

You need to check the plugins you installed cache dirs and many others have not yet been converted to 64 bit and can have a negative impact to your system. Overbyrn has a set of 64 bit ones out already but unless specifically indicated as supporting 64 bit unRAID, plugins from unRAID 5 will not work on unraid 6.

This also likely holds true for your drivers for your hardware. Need to be updated to 64 bit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

There might be some issue with plugin that use

$_GET

My 2 plugin get empty string when using this to save to a plugin config file

//Peter

I have these line, anyone know if these need to be change to work again ?

I think is the first line that don't work now ?

parse_str($argv[1], $_GET);

$USER = $_GET['USER'];
$PASS = $_GET['PASS'];
$START_ON_MOUNT = $_GET['START_ON_MOUNT'];
$PLG_EXT = $_GET['PLG_EXT'];
$PLG_PASSWORD = $_GET['PLG_PASSWORD'];
$OVPNCHOOSE = $_GET['OVPNCHOOSE'];

There might be some issue with plugin that use

$_GET

My 2 plugin get empty string when using this to save to a plugin config file

//Peter

I have these line, anyone know if these need to be change to work again ?

I think is the first line that don't work now ?

$USER = $_GET['USER'];
$PASS = $_GET['PASS'];
$START_ON_MOUNT = $_GET['START_ON_MOUNT'];
$PLG_EXT = $_GET['PLG_EXT'];
$PLG_PASSWORD = $_GET['PLG_PASSWORD'];
$OVPNCHOOSE = $_GET['OVPNCHOOSE'];

V6 Beta 4 now implements $_GET and $_POST in php.  Try removing this line:

I have had the same issue with several plugins.

Hi,

i updated to the latest beta and now the web interface does not response.

The syslog and screenshot are attached. I also tried another browser and clearing the browser cache...

I had that. Delete the downloaded GUI from the plugin folder.

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but I upgraded to beta4 yesterday. A couple of hours later I added 8 drives, 6 of which seem to be actually alive. I started the clear but now about 9 hours later the webui won't load and the machine is doing this every few minutes.

INFO: rcu_bh detected stalls on CPUS/tasks: { 0} (detected by 2, t=762212 jiffies, g=18446744073709551392, c=18446744073709551391, q=1)

sending NMI to all cpus:

xen: vector 0x2 is not implemented

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but I upgraded to beta4 yesterday. A couple of hours later I added 8 drives, 6 of which seem to be actually alive. I started the clear but now about 9 hours later the webui won't load and the machine is doing this every few minutes.

INFO: rcu_bh detected stalls on CPUS/tasks: { 0} (detected by 2, t=762212 jiffies, g=18446744073709551392, c=18446744073709551391, q=1)

sending NMI to all cpus:

I had this same error during a pre-clear on my test server... it was an older drive, that i replaced in the last week as it red balled.... so i expected this was the reason it never finished.

sending NMI to all cpus:

I had this same error during a pre-clear on my test server... it was an older drive, that i replaced in the last week as it red balled.... so i expected this was the reason it never finished.

Does the webgui become accessible again when its done the pre clear?

Awesome, Just to confirm, USB Passthrough working on this release in xen?

Is anyone able to confirm this works? It was mentioned in the TVHeadend thread that USB Passthrough should be working in this release so just curious before I start upgrading.

Cheers

I've been able to get optical to pass through, working on video still.

-Marcus

So....

I have the Optical Audio put passing through with no issues.  The video does not want to be added during boot although it is in the config file.  If I hot add it in, then it ends up being listed, driver is installed but no actual video output.

It turns out that all of the onboard usb ports seem to be controlled via one USB controller on the ASROCK Extreme 6 z87 board?  Below is the lspci output, 00:14.0 is the one all my devices come up on, granted I only have the USB 3.0 ports connected, which I've tried, as well as all of the onboard connections, and they all go back to 00:14.x. 

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/domains/Windows# lspci

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Haswell DRAM Controller (rev 06)

00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Haswell PCI Express x16 Controller (rev 06)

00:01.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Haswell PCI Express x8 Controller (rev 06)

00:02.0 Display controller: Intel Corporation Haswell Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)

00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Haswell HD Audio Controller (rev 06)

00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Lynx Point USB xHCI Host Controller (rev 05)

00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Lynx Point MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)

00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection I217-V (rev 05)

00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Lynx Point USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 05)

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Lynx Point High Definition Audio Controller (rev 05)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Lynx Point PCI Express Root Port #1 (rev d5)

00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Lynx Point PCI Express Root Port #3 (rev d5)

00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Lynx Point PCI Express Root Port #4 (rev d5)

00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Lynx Point PCI Express Root Port #5 (rev d5)

00:1c.6 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev d5)

00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Lynx Point USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 05)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Lynx Point LPC Controller (rev 05)

00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Lynx Point 6-port SATA Controller 1 [AHCI mode] (rev 05)

00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation Lynx Point SMBus Controller (rev 05)

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: AMD/ATI [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.] Caicos [Radeon HD 6450]

01:00.1 Audio device: AMD/ATI [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.] Caicos HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 6400 Series]

02:00.0 RAID bus controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. MV64460/64461/64462 System Controller, Revision B (rev 01)

04:00.0 SATA controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1062 Serial ATA Controller (rev 01)

05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I211 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)

06:00.0 SATA controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1062 Serial ATA Controller (rev 01)

07:00.0 PCI bridge: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1083/1085 PCIe to PCI Bridge (rev 04)

08:01.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82546GB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 03)

08:01.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82546GB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 03)

I've tried passing through the USB devices but it's not working:

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/domains/Windows# more sattlervm.cfg

name = 'windows'

builder = 'hvm'

vcpus = '8'

memory = '4098'

device_model_version="qemu-xen-traditional"

disk = [

'phy:/mnt/cache/domains/Windows/sattlervm.img,hda,w',

#        'phy:/dev/cache/secondexample/example.img,hdb,w',

#        'file:/mnt/cache/domains/Windows/windows.iso,hdc:cdrom,r'

]

vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3E:51:20:4C,bridge=xenbr0,model=e1000' ]

on_poweroff = 'destroy'

on_reboot = 'restart'

on_crash = 'restart'

boot = 'dc'

acpi = '1'

apic = '1'

viridian = '1'

xen_platform_pci='1'

sdl = '0'

vnc = 0

vnclisten = '0.0.0.0'

vncpasswd = 'army1234'

stdvga = '0'

usb = '1'

usbdevice = ['host:046d:c016','host:0471:060c','host:046d:c525','04ca:0027']

#usbdevice = 'tablet'

gfx_passthru=1

pci = ['00:1d.0','00:1b.0','00:1a.0','00:02.0']

Gonna keep pluggin away =)

Hi,

i updated to the latest beta and now the web interface does not response.

The syslog and screenshot are attached. I also tried another browser and clearing the browser cache...

I had that. Delete the downloaded GUI from the plugin folder.

That worked! Great, thanks.

You need to check the plugins you installed cache dirs and many others have not yet been converted to 64 bit and can have a negative impact to your system. Overbyrn has a set of 64 bit ones out already but unless specifically indicated as supporting 64 bit unRAID, plugins from unRAID 5 will not work on unraid 6.

There is no 64bit conversion necessary for cache_dirs - it doesn't include any binaries and is, therefore, named as 'noarch'.  However, there is, clearly, some incompatibility with unRAID 6 which I've not yet got to the bottom of.  dlandon is pointing a finger at $_GET and $_POST, but making a simple change in this area doesn't fix the problem. More investigation needed!

This also likely holds true for your drivers for your hardware. Need to be updated to 64 bit.

I hope that Tom has updated all of the drivers included in the distribution - I'm not adding any drivers.

Oh, and I've worked around two of my problems, with minidlna and LogitechMediaServer, by installing those in an ArchLinux VM.

sending NMI to all cpus:

not for me, had to do a hard reset..

Does the webgui become accessible again when its done the pre clear?

There is no 64bit conversion necessary for cache_dirs - it doesn't include any binaries and is, therefore, named as 'noarch'.  However, there is, clearly, some incompatibility with unRAID 6 which I've not yet got to the bottom of.  dlandon is pointing a finger at $_GET and $_POST, but making a simple change in this area doesn't fix the problem. More investigation needed!

I hope that Tom has updated all of the drivers included in the distribution - I'm not adding any drivers.

Oh, and I've worked around two of my problems, with minidlna and LogitechMediaServer, by installing those in an ArchLinux VM.

I probably spoke to soon on the 64bit comment for cache dirs, but thought that maybe it needed some other slackware dependencies maybe and that those may have not yet been updated to point to their 64 bit equivalents. Either way I've had no success with getting cache dirs to work yet on 6.0 beta 3 or 4. The search for a fix continues.

On the drivers, I'm not really sure what Tom has ported from 5 to 6 so I would ask.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk