[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

Yes, you shouldn't be using any extras folder with my plugin. That's from the old plugin by another user. Delete that extras folder from your usb and use the latest from the plugin install.

Sorry I took so long to check back... the extras missing wasn't really the issue. The issue came from my Plex constantly downgrading. Whenever I restart I see this:

Installed Version: 0.9.9.7.429-f80a8d6?

Update to Version: 0.9.11.7.803-87d0708

I only notice when my Extras aren't there (because version 0.9.9.77.429 doesn't automatically grab extras), or a kid tries to use Plex on the Xbox and gets a message saying the server version is out of date. So do I have an old version hiding somewhere and automatically installing?

As long as you don't have a file in /boot/extras/Plexmediaserver....txz file then there shouldn't be. Basically, in that extras folder on the USB, everything in there is auto installed on boot. My plugin doesn't user anything in that folder so make sure that there are no Plex txz files in there. That's the only way out could be installing an old version as far as I know.

With my plugin you don't need to download anything from the Plex site either. It's all automated in the plugin :)

Hey PhAze.

Thanks for updating all these awesome plugins, this is amazing! Is there any chance you could look into the teamspeak3server Plugin as well? http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=17008.0

It has some glitches and maybe you'll find a better way to permanently display the admin token and not run it as root. :)

Thank you

That and Deluge are on my list at some point. TeamSpeak is the only plugin Im missing from my upgrade from unraid 5 to 6. I'm not sure if I've got the time to work on them any time soon though.

Hey Phaze, just wanted to ask if you could look into the teamspeak plugin if you have time  ;D

As long as you don't have a file in /boot/extras/Plexmediaserver....txz file then there shouldn't be. Basically, in that extras folder on the USB, everything in there is auto installed on boot. My plugin doesn't user anything in that folder so make sure that there are no Plex txz files in there. That's the only way out could be installing an old version as far as I know.

With my plugin you don't need to download anything from the Plex site either. It's all automated in the plugin :)

Dude... that was totally it. Whatever I was using before your plugin must have put it there, because I have never put anything in that /bobot/extras folder! Thanks for all the support man, and I love your plugins. Thanks Phaze!

Hi Phaze,

Thanks again for all the great work, the new plugins are fantastic. Sent you a donation last week as thanks!

My subsonic is having trouble with transcoding. If I go into config/transcode/ and try to run ffmpeg manually, I get the following error:

ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libXext.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Is this a problem on your end, or somewhere else?

Thanks!

When you run it manually it doesn't load the environment export to tell it where the libraries are since its installed to a non standard location.

Try this:

Sudo -H -u nobody /bin/bash -c ". /usr/local/PhAzE-Common/Subsonic/startcfg.sh; /pathtoffmpeg/ffmpeg"

I've noticed my apps take a little longer to load but on my old server it was no more than 20-30 seconds. 5 minutes to load is a long time, something else must be at play here. I'm definitely not seeing that level of delay on my server.

I suspect it's something to do with installing the apps dependencies in a non standard location and using environment variables to point to them in a wrapper when the app starts but I haven't been able to find any actual evidence of that being the cause.

Is it possible that your ram usage is over 95% and causing apps to start slow?

I have been looking at a way to get the dependencies to load off another drive instead of the ram drive to save up to a gig of ram (when using many apps). The problem is that another location doesn't exist until the array starts.

Hello PhAzE, I use your plugins exclusively.  But I'd like to know why there's a long period of time before some of your plugins load.  It takes as much as over 5 minutes.  Please see syslog.  Thanks

Can you check your couch potato logs to see if there is any indication in there what may be delaying on startup?

I just installed PhAzE's Media Browser server plugin and do not know what I should do with some of the check boxes in the settings tab.

Config directory: I get this warning: "WARNING: Your config directory is not persistent and WILL NOT survive a reboot. Please locate the directory on disk for persistency." Is this referring to a config directory I already have? If it is I have no idea where it is

custom Cache directory ?

Custom Metadata directory ?- I have the metadata stored in individual movie folders. What do I do in the case?

Can someone help me with my understanding of these three check boxes. I installed the widows version of this server and had no problems setting it up, but  this proving more of a challenge.

Thanks

Don't worry about setting the custom folders, just the config directory needs to be set to either a folder on your array or on your cache drive.

The reason for this is because unraid installs to your ram. On each reboot that is wiped.

If you don't set the config folder to your cache drive or array, you will lose your settings on each reboot.

I just installed v2 of SickBeard and when I set it up I changed the repo to custom and put in SickRage

https://github.com/SiCKRAGETV/SickRage.git

However, when I try to install it, I get an error:

"Failed to download or install Sick Beard install file"

I was able to do this with the older version, but that doesn't work for beta12.  Any ideas on how I can get this to install Sick Rage instead?

thanks,

dave

Edited to say V2, not vs

PhAzE, thanks for you reply. Now, I know where I'm heading, but not how to get there., I am having trouble with the pathing. This is what I came up with, but it appears to be wrong.

Install directory:  /disk1/Mbserver/Mbserver

Config directory: /disk1/Mbserver/ProgramData-Server

What am I doing wrong? I am listed as "root" in the User tab

Thanks

Hello PhAzE, I use your plugins exclusively.  But I'd like to know why there's a long period of time before some of your plugins load.  It takes as much as over 5 minutes.  Please see syslog.  Thanks

Can you check your couch potato logs to see if there is any indication in there what may be delaying on startup?

Hello PhAzE,

Please see short log I cut from couchpotato, no indication that it's the cause.

02-04 15:26:57INFO[potato.core._base.updater] Checking for new version on github for CouchPotatoServer

02-04 19:30:11INFO[0mShutting down thread pool

02-04 20:02:27INFO[  couchpotato.core.loader] Loaded core: _core

02-04 20:02:27INFO[  couchpotato.core.loader] Loaded core: clientscript

02-04 20:02:27INFO[  couchpotato.core.loader] Loaded core: desktop

02-04 20:02:27INFO[  couchpotato.core.loader] Loaded core: downloader

02-04 20:02:27INFO[  couchpotato.core.loader] Loaded core: scheduler

02-04 20:02:27INFO[  couchpotato.core.loader] Loaded core: updater

Just fyi, this is my 3rd box.  I set this up for family members.  So far, all three have almost the same problem.  Long time to start the plugins, and longer more to get into unraid webgui, and SMB shares.

This particular box is 1 GB, the other one is 2 GB, and finally, the third box is 4 GB.  Aren't this enough?  So far, it allows me to use all plugins, and plex.

PhAzE, Thanks for the help. Media Browser server seemed to install ok, thanks to your suggestion. However, MBt, installed on my windows machine, is not showing any media. It is a blank screen. I think I need to point the server to my media location. As Gilda Radner often said, "There's always something." I'll do some more troubleshooting.

Thanks, for the work you are doing. I'm giving a donation

Update, after reading through 45 pages,  I found a reference to accessing the configuration page for Media Browser 3. Clicking on the word "Running" in the settings menu did the trick. Did I miss a reference to this somewhere. To me, something a little more obvious would be preferred.

I have been using the windows version of the server, and have waited a long, long, time for this plugin.

Good job, PhAzE!