[CONTAINER] CrashPlan & CrashPlan-Desktop

I've tried to backup 157GB of data to a NAS via the unassigned plugins add on for unraid but the crashplan desktop app is telling me that it's out of space at 7GB into the backup, i have moved the config of crashplan from my unraid flash to a larger drive and have mapped the remote shares in crashplan what am i missing ?

Screenshot_1.png.d9bc746bf25c4455beca8c1d10dfc1ea.png

Screenshot_2.png.1eec043598fb6a1593ae56e04d210e53.png

I've not done this myself as I backup to the online service, but...

The container config is ok, you need to set the right destination folder from the application.

In the Destinations menu, select the Folder tab. Browse for the folder you want (one on /disk1) and select this, it should then appear in the Available Folders window. Select this folder then click Start Backup.

Crashplan will create a database file in the folder then your backed up data will be stored in there.

SR

Hi...

Ok, I am wondering as I could not seem to find the answer.  Is this only to allow another machine to use crashplan to backup to my UnRAID server or does this allow for me to select directories etc to send to a CrashPlan cloud backup server?

Right now I use a separate Windows machine that is mapped to the unRAID server that sends files to the CrashPlan cloud.  I am looking to remove that machine and I am looking to be able to send files to the CrashPlan cloud. (IE, our PHOTOS share.)

Thanks

Hi...

Ok, I am wondering as I could not seem to find the answer.  Is this only to allow another machine to use crashplan to backup to my UnRAID server or does this allow for me to select directories etc to send to a CrashPlan cloud backup server?

Right now I use a separate Windows machine that is mapped to the unRAID server that sends files to the CrashPlan cloud.  I am looking to remove that machine and I am looking to be able to send files to the CrashPlan cloud. (IE, our PHOTOS share.)

Thanks

The CrashPlan Docker container is primarily intended to backup files on your unRAID server to the CrashPlan cloud. It can also backup between folders and to/from external drives and other servers using the plugin Unasigned Devices.

The CrashPlan Desktop Docker container is used to configure the backups and to monitoring them.

Docker containers requires unRAID 6.

If you are backing up your unRAID server today using CrashPlan on Windows, you can adopt CrashPlan to use your new configuration meaning that you keep your current backup so you don’t need to start all over again.

If you have used Docker containers before its relatively easy to setup, in not it will take some effort to understand the concept.

There is a guide in my signature that might be useful to have a look at.

Thank you kindly.

I have now installed both.  The question is how do I now get to the GUI of the desktop part?  I tried using a web browser and going to my server at 192.168.1.200:3389 but it just fails with ERR_CONNECTION_RESET. 

I wanted to get to the GUI so I can then set it to backup to the cloud the shares I would like it to.

Here is what shows in the DeskTop log...

Current default time zone: 'America/Chicago'
Local time is now:      Sat Dec 19 15:11:38 CST 2015.
Universal Time is now:  Sat Dec 19 21:11:38 UTC 2015.

cp: cannot stat ‘/root/wallpapers/*’: No such file or directory
*** An error occurred. Aborting.
*** Shutting down /etc/my_init.d/config.sh (PID 5)...
*** Init system aborted.
*** Killing all processes...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/config.sh...
sed: can't read /var/lib/crashplan/.ui_info: No such file or directory
using existing wallpapers etc...
*** Init system aborted.
*** Init system aborted.
*** Init system aborted.
*** Shutting down /etc/my_init.d/config.sh (PID 6)...
*** Init system aborted.

Thanks

Thank you kindly.

I have now installed both.  The question is how do I now get to the GUI of the desktop part?  I tried using a web browser and going to my server at 192.168.1.200:3389 but it just fails with ERR_CONNECTION_RESET. 

I wanted to get to the GUI so I can then set it to backup to the cloud the shares I would like it to.

Here is what shows in the DeskTop log...

Current default time zone: 'America/Chicago'
Local time is now:      Sat Dec 19 15:11:38 CST 2015.
Universal Time is now:  Sat Dec 19 21:11:38 UTC 2015.

cp: cannot stat ‘/root/wallpapers/*’: No such file or directory
*** Init system aborted.
*** Init system aborted.
*** Init system aborted.
*** Init system aborted.
*** Shutting down /etc/my_init.d/config.sh (PID 6)...
*** Init system aborted.

Thanks

You need to connect with Remote Desktop.  Windows has it built in, there are clients available for Linux & Mac..

Hi...

Well, I just went to take over the backup for the other machine and all seemed to be working.  Even if I look on-line at my account I can see the server name is now the name of that backup set. 

However, it also seemed to have done an upgrade or something. I did not notice the version it was...but now it is ver 4.4.1 and it reads "Unable to connect to the backup engine" when it is trying to start.  I have restarted both dockers and have the same issues.

Hi...

Well, I just went to take over the backup for the other machine and all seemed to be working.  Even if I look on-line at my account I can see the server name is now the name of that backup set. 

However, it also seemed to have done an upgrade or something. I did not notice the version it was...but now it is ver 4.4.1 and it reads "Unable to connect to the backup engine" when it is trying to start.  I have restarted both dockers and have the same issues.

I had this exact problem and you need to edit 2 files:

ui.info is the first file. Replace that IP in there with: 172.17.42.1

the other file is:

my.service.xml , in there you need to replace 127.x.x.x with 0.0.0.0

Not sure why it works, but it did for me.

Hi...

Suggest you stop both containers. Then start the CrashPlan container and wait a few minutes and then start the CrashPlan Desktop container.

If you check the latest history.log you will probably find that it actually has updated the CrashPlan container to 4.5.0

The CrashPlan Desktop container doesn’t update itself but should work with this version.

Thanks...I got it working with the above suggestions.

So, I was running Crashplan on an windows machine that had a mapped drive S: that went into my USER share so I could see areas like Photos, Companies, etc.  Then I could tell CrashPlan to backup those directories.

I have now taken over the backup set from that machine for this new install to continue with. Of course, I have no mapped drive letter that the backup set is looking for.  I can see the user shares that were being backed up under File System /data.

So the question is, how do get the system use a mapped S: drive so it will continue?  My fear is that if I add the /data path and check off directories I want backed up, it would back all the directories up again when what I really need it to do is sync. 

Anyone run into this?

I have done this procedure and it’s a bit scary…

First go to CrashPlan support pages and look for adopting another computer:

https://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/4/Configuring/Replacing_Your_Device

Read this very carefully!

CrashPlan will notice that your data now is at a new location and will need to scan all your files and compare them with what they have on their server. This will take time, for me a several days with 6 TB of data.

Make sure to map your backup so that all previous shares/folders are included in the backup.

• 2 weeks later...

the other file is:

I found the "my.service.xml" file in the conf folder of the crashplan container, but I can't find the "ui.info" file?

Where is the "ui.info" file located?

the other file is:

I think he means UI.Properties  Its in the CONF directory.  Servicehost should be the only line commented out and should be the local IP of your unraid server.  Here is what mine looks like in Notepad++

#Fri Dec 09 09:50:22 CST 2005

serviceHost=10.0.0.2

#servicePort=4243

#pollerPeriod=1000  # 1 second

#connectRetryDelay=10000  # 10 seconds

#connectRetryAttempts=3

#showWelcome=true

#font.small=

#font.default=

#font.title=

#font.message.header=

#font.message.body=

#font.tab=

I found the "my.service.xml" file in the conf folder of the crashplan container, but I can't find the "ui.info" file?

Where is the "ui.info" file located?

It looks like the versions are out of sync on my machine - the server is running 4.5.0, and the client is at 4.4.1 - producing the dreaded "Cannot connect to backup engine" error.

Is this the expected configuration?  Is there anything I can do to correct it?  Or, do we just have to wait until the Linux Client is updated for us to be able to use it again...

Thanks!

Suggest stopping both containers and then start the CrashPlan container and wait a few minutes and then start the CrashPlan Desktop container. That usually fixes this problem. I have same versions as you and that works fine.

Thanks Leifgg!  Sure enough it worked.  I had been having trouble even getting RDP to work, and once I got it working, I didn't want to reset the dockers anymore than necessary, but a quick reset worked.

Thanks again!