Dynamix - V6 Plugins

I have an issue with I believe the Dynamix-System Buttons plugin.  After I updated to the latest release, The Plugin page is now sitting there with the following message:

Please wait, retrieving plugin information ...

I have attached the Diagnostics file.

Can you clear your browser cache (CTRL-F5) and reload the page ?

I have rebooted both the Server and my Win7 computer and the problem still exists.          (I have not installed the latest version of System Bottoms on my other server and it is working properly.)

I found the issue ...

I am running unRAID v6.1rc2 and this version has the javascript file called by System Buttons in a different place as version 6.0.x

I have added a version check and do now the correct reference based on the unRAID version.

For those stuck in the plugins manager screen, do the following:

telnet into your system and execute

rm -r /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.buttons

Reload the browser page (there will be NO button) and upgrade the plugin using the plugin manager.

I found the issue ...

I am running unRAID v6.1rc2 and this version has the javascript file called by System Buttons in a different place as version 6.0.x

I have added a version check and do now the correct reference based on the unRAID version.

Reload the browser page (there will be NO button) and upgrade the plugin using the plugin manager.

Worked. Although in my case, the plugin was actually there and on checking for updates, there was one.  I updated (somewhat tentatively) but everything went smoothly.  Current version is 2015.08.01c.

I found the issue ...

Worked. Although in my case, the plugin was actually there and on checking for updates, there was one.  I updated (somewhat tentatively) but everything went smoothly.  Current version is 2015.08.01c.

This command worked for me too and I had the same results as Frank1940.  Thanks bonienl!  All is fixed now and I'm on 2015.08.01c

Are these buttons supposed to stop/reboot instantly, without stopping the array 'normally'?

i ask because I just rebooted my machine with this new button, and I got the "System is rebooting..." window instantly, not the stopping docker...spinning up drives...etc stuff I normally see when I stop the array from the regular GUI.

I found the issue ...

Reload the browser page (there will be NO button) ...

I have followed this procedure, and cleared browser cache, but I still have the red and green buttons displayed.

If I re-install, it simply adds the third button back.

Screenshot_2015-08-02_08-38-47.png.3fb81549df0d71a29a17544b1d8ca087.png

I have the same three buttons and none of the buttons seems to result in any action when click.  The left button provides a dropdown menu which gives a choice of shutdown or reboot.  The 'reboot' option displays the "System is rebooting..." banner" but, after clicking on the server bookmark, the GUI reappears immediately!  The center 'Reboot" button results in the same sequence. 

I have not tried either the 'Powerdown' option on the dropdown option or the right 'Powerdown' button but I suspect a similar behavior. 

I found the issue ...

I have followed this procedure, and cleared browser cache, but I still have the red and green buttons displayed.

A reboot will clear the situation or you can manually remove the offending files. Telnet into your system and do

rm /usr/local/emhttp/webGui/ShutdownButton.page
rm /usr/local/emhttp/webGui/RebootButton.page

This morning I decided to try again.  I first uninstalled the Systems Button plugin.  The plugin was gone but the buttons were still there.  So I rebooted the server using the "Array Operation' tab.  When the server came back up, all the buttons were gone!  So far, so good.  I now reinstalled the System Buttons plugin using the 'Install Plugins' page.  That worked.  I now have only one button.  And clicking on that button, displays the dropdown menu.

Now for the problem.  When I click on either option on the dropdown menu, The appropriate banner appears BUT nothing else happens!  The server will neither reboot nor shutdown.  Now remember that it just did a reboot, two minutes prior to this attempt (using the button), using the old sequence in the 'Array Operation' tab.  I even ran the two commands in the above post and both times the file or directory was not there.

This is a 'plain Jane' server and the only other plugin installed is the dlandon Powerdown (ver 2.17) plugin. 

Now for the problem.  When I click on either option on the dropdown menu, The appropriate banner appears BUT nothing else happens!

The normal sequence is that after pressing the button a popup windows appears (see picture) telling that preparations are taking place, once these are done the normal shutdown or reboot screen is shown.

You are saying none of this happening?

shutdown-window.png.7c5b02e66cecff320f425ca3b0e84d29.png

Now for the problem.  When I click on either option on the dropdown menu, The appropriate banner appears BUT nothing else happens!

The normal sequence is that after pressing the button a popup windows appears (see picture) telling that preparations are taking place, once these are done the normal shutdown or reboot screen is shown.

Nor for me either. I get the 'standard' system is rebooting screen, but nothing actually happens.

Nor for me either. I get the 'standard' system is rebooting screen, but nothing actually happens.

Did you use the older version before and was that working ?

I just installed the plugin on my test server which is a plain v6.0.1 without any plugins, dockers or vms running.

All works as expected. I can reboot or shutdown the system from the button.

The whole functionality is done in javascript so there isn't a real dependency on the system. Do you have anything else installed which may conflict with javascript ?

Btw if you see the regular "Shutdown" or "Reboot" screen it should actually at that point shutdown or reboot your system.

I had to reboot for a different issue and after startup the buttons are gone as expected since I had uninstalled the plugin. I like the addition of the context menu and feel like that somewhat addresses the concern I had regarding confirmation but I would still like confirmation added based on the confirmation settings. It is not that difficult for me to accidentally click something when using my touchscreen notebook.

I haven't reinstalled the plugin yet because I'm not sure I want to have that accident. Also, I would like some more feedback about the progress of the "preparations" like we get on the Array Operations page.

Having said all that I would like to thank you once again for your many contributions!

I found the issue ...

A reboot will clear the situation

The system has rebooted twice today, after powercuts - the three buttons persist.

or you can manually remove the offending files. Telnet into your system and do

rm /usr/local/emhttp/webGui/ShutdownButton.page
rm /usr/local/emhttp/webGui/RebootButton.page

root@Tower:~# rm /usr/local/emhttp/webGui/ShutdownButton.page
rm: cannot remove ‘/usr/local/emhttp/webGui/ShutdownButton.page’: No such file or directory
root@Tower:~# rm /usr/local/emhttp/webGui/RebootButton.page
rm: cannot remove ‘/usr/local/emhttp/webGui/RebootButton.page’: No such file or directory
root@Tower:~#

That hasn't helped either.

Nope.  This is the only screen that appears and it has been there like that for for more than two minutes.  As I said, if I click on the browser bookmark, the Main GUI page returns.  It appears to be that nothing happens beyond that point. 

PS------  I do have the dlandon Powerdown (ver 2.17) Plugin installed.  Does any else who is having an issue have this configuration also?  (I like that logging feature when it runs!)

Capture-08-02-2015.JPG.ae83b535f5213fa2414a42ff6d699a33.JPG

I like the addition of the context menu and feel like that somewhat addresses the concern I had regarding confirmation but I would still like confirmation added based on the confirmation settings. It is not that difficult for me to accidentally click something when using my touchscreen notebook.

Understand your need to have an additional confirmation, which is actually not too hard to implement.

When confirmations is checked then an alert box (see picture) is given.

Note this isn't available yet

proceed.png.977ff99164166d4383a0ea1ab41738ab.png

Nope.  This is the only screen that appears and it has been there like that for for more than two minutes.  As I said, if I click on the browser bookmark, the Main GUI page returns.  It appears to be that nothing happens beyond that point. 

Ok, that screen says that the system is actually rebooting and it won't change (same as when the Reboot button is used). When you manually reload the main page you can verify the uptime.

PS------  I do have the dlandon Powerdown (ver 2.17) Plugin installed.  Does any else who is having an issue have this configuration also?  (I like that logging feature when it runs!)

I am using Powerdown too, this is working fine.

I can confirm exactly what the others are reporting, and from the very first version of System Buttons.  Almost always, the big yellow banner appears immediately, with shutting down or Rebooting, and no pop up, no shutting down, no messages on console, and no messages in syslog.  Ctl-Alt-Del then works fine.  I didn't report it, as it seemed to be one more time my Firefox with NoScript (everything related is enabled) was mis-behaving.  Only once, the popup window appeared, the correct shutting down messages appeared, and it shut down nicely.

Made another update and need some testers ...

First, I changed the way the Array-stop and Shutdown/Reboot commands are executed. I hope this addresses the incorrect/incomplete functioning which some of you have.

Second, I have added a confirmation possibility, see settings -> confirmations. When set to yes, an alert box will be shown before proceeding with the command itself.