[ARCHIVE] binhex docker repository

I think I figured out why.  In needo the mount is downloads, in binhex it is data.  I think this makes Deluge think that none of the files exist.  I updated the Deluge config to look at /data, but that didn't fix it.

Guess I'll just nuke everything I was seeding and start over.  It would be nice to know how I could switch if necessary.

david

I've been running needos deluge docker, but switched to get the delugevpn docker.

I set it up the same way as needs, config to where my config was data to where my download was.

Deluge starts, connects to VPN, and starts downloading all the files that I have already downloaded.  I expected it to start seeding them, since that is what deluge was doing before.

any ideas as to what to look for?

thanks

david

I'm having problems with delugevpn not loading.  I have checked my password and verified that everything is correct.  I am getting the following error "AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED".  I have included my log below from just before it attempts to connect to PIA.  Can anyone help out with how to fix this issue?

Mon Aug 31 21:47:54 2015 [Private Internet Access] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]109.201.152.239:1194

2015-08-31 21:47:56,607 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Mon Aug 31 21:47:56 2015 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED

2015-08-31 21:47:56,608 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Mon Aug 31 21:47:56 2015 SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process exiting

2015-08-31 21:47:56,609 DEBG fd 15 closed, stopped monitoring (stdout)>
2015-08-31 21:47:56,609 DEBG fd 19 closed, stopped monitoring (stderr)>
2015-08-31 21:47:56,609 INFO exited: start (exit status 0; expected)
2015-08-31 21:47:56,610 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit

I'm having problems with delugevpn not loading.  I have checked my password and verified that everything is correct.  I am getting the following error "AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED".  I have included my log below from just before it attempts to connect to PIA.  Can anyone help out with how to fix this issue?

Mon Aug 31 21:47:54 2015 [Private Internet Access] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]109.201.152.239:1194

try this, somebody had a wierd issue that got rersolved by changing their password, note the username and password is the one you use to login to the pia website, NOT the forum.

Interestingly, once I changed my PIA password on their website to something different, it worked.  Perhaps it didn't like a character in my old password. 

try this, somebody had a wierd issue that got rersolved by changing their password, note the username and password is the one you use to login to the pia website, NOT the forum.

Interestingly, once I changed my PIA password on their website to something different, it worked.  Perhaps it didn't like a character in my old password. 

This did the trick, thank you!

I've found that when copy/pasting a password or other text sometimes a blank space gets added to the end. It's hard to explain but when you use the mouse to highlight text for a copy/paste operation I've seen a blank get added to the text during the highlighting process (added on the right of the highlighted text).

Perhaps that is what happened here?

I got this working with usernetserver VPN service.  Works very nicely.  Had to drop PIA as it was too slow.  My connection is 200Mbps and with VPN on peak hours I got 2-3Mbps.

sickrage, nzbget, deluge/vpn all working very nicely.

The only thing I haven't figured out is how to get deluge to work with the windows front end.  I had it working before, but can't get it working now.  I did enable allow remote connections to the config.  Anyone know how to get this working?

david

Under advanced options it says you can provide a rage of IP addresses to give access to the daemon.  I have set mine to 192.168.1.10-192.168.1.200, which will cover everything for me.

This didn't help.  Did I enter this wrong?

david

indeed it does have this option, unfortunately this doesn't work quite yet, i need to take another swing at this, right now you can only talk to the deluge daemon from another docker container running on unraid, not from an external host, the ip range variable was an attempt to allow this but it does require some work.

btw can i ask what you mean by "deluge to work with the windows front end", bit confused by this, im assuming you have an application running on your windows machine (alternative windows gui for deluge?" and you want it to connect to the deluge daemon running inside the docker container yes?, not exactly sure why you need another gui as you have the web interface, but im sure you must have a good reason for it, im more curious than anything :-)

Perfect, thanks.

Binhex- Considering moving from 6.0 to 6.1. Will the dockers work seamlessly with the upgrade?

In a word, yes

I have needo/plex that I have been using for a very long time. Do you have suggestions on how I can migrate that library and settings to binhex/arch-plexpass (I have a paid acct)? The last time I tried copying over, the libraries/sync status were not imported. I am guessing it is either renaming a particular directory or expecting specific naming conventions. I can copy over the directory naming from needo/plex if it would help. TIA!

EDIT: Do you have plans for getting a transmissionVPN out? I have the delugeVPN but there is a bug in the app where if the docker is restarted (server rebooted fpr eg), the completed torrents in labeled and moved directories get corrupted. I have lost many completed files in the last few months and I scramble to delete the completed torrents whenever the server is rebooted. I have used transmission for many years prior which worked without issues at all.

I have needo/plex that I have been using for a very long time. Do you have suggestions on how I can migrate that library and settings to binhex/arch-plexpass (I have a paid acct)? The last time I tried copying over, the libraries/sync status were not imported. I am guessing it is either renaming a particular directory or expecting specific naming conventions. I can copy over the directory naming from needo/plex if it would help. TIA!

ok obviously ive never attempted this, needo who? :-). my guess would be stop both docker containers, look at the directory structure for both and copy across the metadata from one to the other, then run newperms over the top to ensure there arent any permissions issues with the files, and finally start binhex plex and cross your fingers :-).

EDIT: Do you have plans for getting a transmissionVPN out? I have the delugeVPN but there is a bug in the app where if the docker is restarted (server rebooted fpr eg), the completed torrents in labeled and moved directories get corrupted. I have lost many completed files in the last few months and I scramble to delete the completed torrents whenever the server is rebooted. I have used transmission for many years prior which worked without issues at all.

i wasnt aware of this bug, probably cos i dont leave stuff hanging about seeding for long lengths of time. i did start working on a transmissionvpn and have got some way through it but real life got in the way so it never got completed. if there is enough interest in this i could continue the work, i probably personally wouldn't use it so it would have to be something that a few people require, i dont really want to get into the position of creating a new docker image for a single person, too much work for very little use, maybe i should create a poll or something and ask people what they would like most.

i wasnt aware of this bug, probably cos i dont leave stuff hanging about seeding for long lengths of time. i did start working on a transmissionvpn and have got some way through it but real life got in the way so it never got completed. if there is enough interest in this i could continue the work, i probably personally wouldn't use it so it would have to be something that a few people require, i dont really want to get into the position of creating a new docker image for a single person, too much work for very little use, maybe i should create a poll or something and ask people what they would like most.

I use DelugeVPN and do not have this issue at all when i reboot the server

I use DelugeVPN and do not have this issue at all when i reboot the server

thats good to know, thanks for that scottc