[ARCHIVE] binhex docker repository

hi scottc, can you open your .ovpn file and remove any line that begins with ping, save the file and then restart the docker, let me know what the outcome is.

That fixed the issue.  Thank you for the quick reply

no probs, thanks for the feedback, have tweaked the script so this shouldn't now happen, currently building...

Not sure if this is a docker problem or a Plex one? I have recently mover to Unraid 6 with the Binhex Plexpass Docker from 5 with a plugin. The old system was working fine for years.

Just trying to sync some movies to the kids ipads for a roadtrip in a couple of weeks and the conversion doesn't start. I've tried starting it on the ipad and on the server. The items appear in the to be synced list but do not start to convert. Any tips?

Not sure if this is a docker problem or a Plex one? I have recently mover to Unraid 6 with the Binhex Plexpass Docker from 5 with a plugin. The old system was working fine for years.

Just trying to sync some movies to the kids ipads for a roadtrip in a couple of weeks and the conversion doesn't start. I've tried starting it on the ipad and on the server. The items appear in the to be synced list but do not start to convert. Any tips?

Doh....No tmp directory set, all working now.

Another question though, while converting the CPU utilisation on my Xeon is only 1%, do Dockers use everything they can?

Another question though, while converting the CPU utilisation on my Xeon is only 1%, do Dockers use everything they can?

out of interest, what did you have to change to get the conversion working (not a plexpass user so never used this feature), you mentioned setting tmp directory, but this should already be set to /config/tmp, can you point me at the setting you tweaked, would be nice to know so i can try and set this by default.

regards your other question, docker uses ALL available resources unless told otherwise, so not exactly sure why its only using 1% of your cpu, how long did a single conversion of a movie take in the end?.

out of interest, what did you have to change to get the conversion working (not a plexpass user so never used this feature), you mentioned setting tmp directory, but this should already be set to /config/tmp, can you point me at the setting you tweaked, would be nice to know so i can try and set this by default.

regards your other question, docker uses ALL available resources unless told otherwise, so not exactly sure why its only using 1% of your cpu, how long did a single conversion of a movie take in the end?.

In Server settings, Transcoder, Transcoder Temp Directory, - This was blank out of the original install and I set it to /tmp

Re Transcoding time, I also changed Transcoder quality to "Make my CPU hurt" from Auto and its now running around 13% CPU and the conversion is running at 2x so each film is taking around an hour. Seems slow for a Xeon 1275v3 to me?

Re Transcoding time, I also changed Transcoder quality to "Make my CPU hurt" from Auto and its now running around 13% CPU and the conversion is running at 2x so each film is taking around an hour. Seems slow for a Xeon 1275v3 to me?

I don't thin Make my CPU Hurt is going to speed things up for you, it just increases the quality I believe.

I don't thin Make my CPU Hurt is going to speed things up for you, it just increases the quality I believe.

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200250347-Transcoder

Thanks to you both above, I've changed back to auto and am currently converting at 3x but still only using 13% cpu. ts not the end of the world but it seems a shame its notr using more...

You are almost certainly I/O bound, not CPU bound.

Thanks to you both above, I've changed back to auto and am currently converting at 3x but still only using 13% cpu. ts not the end of the world but it seems a shame its notr using more...

Could you elaborate please Rob?

My Plex server is installed on a cahe drive  SSD which is also where I believe the  transcodes are stored even after transfer to the ipods.

Could you elaborate please Rob?

My Plex server is installed on a cahe drive  SSD which is also where I believe the  transcodes are stored even after transfer to the ipods.

Question is where is the source movie stored? I'm assuming it's on the array, in which case the bottleneck will be the read speed.

I have a problem with the Docker Sonarr container. I think it's just a configuration issue. When SABnzbd downloads a episode Sonarr fails to import this episode.

DownloadedEpisodesImportService	Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /data/complete/sonarr/The.Last.Ship.S01E01.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-pcsyndicate/

The path exists I can see all downloads in the container but for some reason it fails when importing. Permission problem? Everything has nobody:users and 777 permissions. Please some advice.

I have a problem with the Docker Sonarr container. I think it's just a configuration issue. When SABnzbd downloads a episode Sonarr fails to import this episode.

DownloadedEpisodesImportService	Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /data/complete/sonarr/The.Last.Ship.S01E01.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-pcsyndicate/

The path exists I can see all downloads in the container but for some reason it fails when importing. Permission problem? Everything has nobody:users and 777 permissions. Please some advice.

Does your path mappings for /data on both sabnzbd and sonarr match each other exactly ?

Does your path mappings for /data on both sabnzbd and sonarr match each other exactly ?

Must I use remote path mappings?

It's not yet working...

I have these settings:

Host: 192.168.2.2

Remote path: /mnt/user/DL-SABnzbd/complete/sonarr/

Local path: /data/

When I define the local path i can see the episodes in that directory

Not quite understanding what you mean there.  What exactly are the host and container paths for Sab.  And the host and container paths for sonarr

That are the settings of Settings --> Download client --> Remote path mappings. So the "data" directory is the Sonarr container path. This is connected to "/mnt/user/DL-SABnzbd/complete/sonarr".  The container path for SABnzd is "data" connected to "/mnt/user/DL-SABnzbd/". Everything is running "192.168.2.2"/"domain.enterprise.lan".