[ARCHIVE] binhex docker repository

removing the vpn setting and the proxy setting (changing both to "no") allowed me to get into the deluge page and complete the basic setup.

I went back and re-enabled the vpn, confirmed my user and password are correct (using the new info), but now I cannot get into the webgui again.  I used the same password to login to the PIA control panel on the website, so I know I'm using the correct login into in the docker setup, but it just keeps failing to connect.

ideas?

deluge_setings.png.a93e1d3ea107805b80c994d6a948a6d2.png

removing the vpn setting and the proxy setting (changing both to "no") allowed me to get into the deluge page and complete the basic setup.

I went back and re-enabled the vpn, confirmed my user and password are correct (using the new info), but now I cannot get into the webgui again.  I used the same password to login to the PIA control panel on the website, so I know I'm using the correct login into in the docker setup, but it just keeps failing to connect.

ideas?

yep ive spotted the issue from your screenshot, for the vpn provider you need to choose between airvpn, pia, or custom, you currently have it set as default value which is "pia|airvpn|custom", change that to be just "pia" save and you should be good.

changed it to just pia, saved it, but still cannot connect :(

I've tried

IP:1194 (the VPN port from settings)

IP:58848 (changed slightly to not collide with the other deluge container)

IP:9112 (my port selection to keep in line with my other dockers)

IP:8118 (the proxy port)

IP:8112 (just to see if it worked)

none allow me to connect with VPN turned on.

if I turn off VPN, but leave the proxy set to yes, I can get to deluge at the IP:9112, but not either of the other 2 ports

Not sure how I got it so messed up, but it seems I'm not doing it right :(

Is this the right thread to get help with binhex-get-iplayer?

I have it installed ok, have edited the 'showlist' file as follows:

#!/bin/bash
# the list of shows to download
SHOWLIST="1526"

Which should in theory download an episode of 'Have I got news for you'.

I've restarted the docker to have it read the updated showlist but it fails, the relevant part of the debug log looks like this:

2015-06-21 11:23:55,425 DEBG 'get-iplayer' stdout output:
Matches:
1526:	Have I Got a Bit More News for You: Series 49 - Episode 9, BBC One Cambridgeshire, , default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes

2015-06-21 11:23:55,437 DEBG 'get-iplayer' stdout output:
WARNING: Please download and run latest installer or install the XML::Simple Perl module for more accurate programme metadata.

2015-06-21 11:23:55,562 DEBG 'get-iplayer' stdout output:
ERROR: Failed to get version pid metadata from iplayer site

I guess the docker needs an update to include the latest XML Perl module (whatever that is)  :-)

After I upgraded to v6, I decided to jump from SAB to the NZBget docker.

I have it up and running, but I am having issues with the videosort script.

I installed the script and have tinkered with the settings, but nothing seems to be happening.

It also notes that python must be installed, so I'm guessing that's the culprit.

I'm basically a noob at this, not sure if python is already installed in the system or if I have to install it.

If I have to install it, does that need a docker too? Is there a better way to post process my videos rather than going this route?

I am having an issue with the permissions of files created by the dockers.  I'm not sure if it's specific to the binhex dockers or just unRaid dockers in general.  But I'm specifically seeing it in the bixhex sabnzbd and sickrage dockers so I'm starting here.

What I'm seeing is that all files/directories are being created with an owner of "nobody" and a group of "nogroup" when they should be nobody:users.

I shelled into the dockers and ran "groups nobody" and the output I get is just "nobody".  That should say "users nobody".  So I then executed "usermod -G nobody,users nobody" and restarted the docker.  Now everything is being created as nobody:users as it should.

So I'm not sure where this needs to be done, but it looks like the "nobody" user needs to be put into the "users" group somewhere along the way.

yep im aware of this, basically the author of the multithreaded version of par2 has hosting issues and thus the download is failing during build of the image. options are wait it out until the issue is resolved, or switch to the standard par2, think i may give this till monday, if still no love then i will switch it back and rebuild.

This is still not fixed. I guess I'll change docker as it's currently FITA and relying on some clowns par2 is a significant point of weakness.

Actually I think it was when I changed from network type: bridge to host that caused the issues.

yeah, thats not a good move, keep in mind sabnzbdvpn and delugevpn both have a vpn tunnel running, not to mention some iptable rules to block traffic, if you switch the networking from bridged to host then you could cause all sorts of issues, short story is always keep these dockers as bridged.

ok so once youve switched it back to bridged, if your still getting an issue, which im assuming you will, then please post the contents of your .ovpn file (located in /config/openvpn/) and the contents of the supervisord.log file (located in /config).

Is this the right thread to get help with binhex-get-iplayer?

I have it installed ok, have edited the 'showlist' file as follows:

#!/bin/bash
# the list of shows to download
SHOWLIST="1526"

Which should in theory download an episode of 'Have I got news for you'.

I've restarted the docker to have it read the updated showlist but it fails, the relevant part of the debug log looks like this:

2015-06-21 11:23:55,425 DEBG 'get-iplayer' stdout output:
Matches:
1526:	Have I Got a Bit More News for You: Series 49 - Episode 9, BBC One Cambridgeshire, , default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes

2015-06-21 11:23:55,437 DEBG 'get-iplayer' stdout output:
WARNING: Please download and run latest installer or install the XML::Simple Perl module for more accurate programme metadata.

2015-06-21 11:23:55,562 DEBG 'get-iplayer' stdout output:
ERROR: Failed to get version pid metadata from iplayer site

I guess the docker needs an update to include the latest XML Perl module (whatever that is)  :-)

im afraid get-iplayer is currently broken, bbc changed their feeds and it broke get-iplayer for now, i think the devs are looking into it, so i will post back here once its fixed.

::)

I am using Phaze's sabnzbd plugin at the moment and I want to switch to the sabnzb docker. Can I use my current configuration and settings or is it better to start new with the docker? Can the docker and plugin run parallel to each other?

hi, dikkiedirk, yes you can run them side by side, keep in mind if your moving from unraid v5 to unraid v6 then you will need to change the plugin if you want to run it along side the docker, as unraid v6 is 64bit and unraid v5 is 32bit, thus the packages are different.

if you do want to run them side by side just make sure you change the port number on the host side so that it doesnt clash with the plugin, just increment it by 1 or something.

I am having an issue with the permissions of files created by the dockers.  I'm not sure if it's specific to the binhex dockers or just unRaid dockers in general.  But I'm specifically seeing it in the bixhex sabnzbd and sickrage dockers so I'm starting here.

What I'm seeing is that all files/directories are being created with an owner of "nobody" and a group of "nogroup" when they should be nobody:users.

I shelled into the dockers and ran "groups nobody" and the output I get is just "nobody".  That should say "users nobody".  So I then executed "usermod -G nobody,users nobody" and restarted the docker.  Now everything is being created as nobody:users as it should.

So I'm not sure where this needs to be done, but it looks like the "nobody" user needs to be put into the "users" group somewhere along the way.

yes i have been aware of this just not really looked into the fix, im assuming you have created additional users and thus not accessing your shares as user nobody then, yes?. i can include the fix as you detailed, it will take a little while to ripple down though as the fix will be applied at the base image.

yep im aware of this, basically the author of the multithreaded version of par2 has hosting issues and thus the download is failing during build of the image. options are wait it out until the issue is resolved, or switch to the standard par2, think i may give this till monday, if still no love then i will switch it back and rebuild.

This is still not fixed. I guess I'll change docker as it's currently FITA and relying on some clowns par2 is a significant point of weakness.

hi scytherbladez, i have switched the docker over to the standard par2 package, please keep in mind that the "clowns" you refer to is the only guy coding the multithreaded par2 library, this is not an off the wall random link, this is/was the only supported high performance par2 library currently available, so any reference to this in other dockers/plugins will have the same issue.

::)

I am using Phaze's sabnzbd plugin at the moment and I want to switch to the sabnzb docker. Can I use my current configuration and settings or is it better to start new with the docker? Can the docker and plugin run parallel to each other?

hi, dikkiedirk, yes you can run them side by side, keep in mind if your moving from unraid v5 to unraid v6 then you will need to change the plugin if you want to run it along side the docker, as unraid v6 is 64bit and unraid v5 is 32bit, thus the packages are different.

if you do want to run them side by side just make sure you change the port number on the host side so that it doesnt clash with the plugin, just increment it by 1 or something.

Thanks for the heads up. I am already on V6 using the 64 bits Phaze sabnzb. I also use a docker from Sparklyball which doesn't use Arches Linux, will that be a problem?

When I add sabnzb docker I get a screen where I need to fill in some settings for Network, ports, paths etc.

Can I leave the Network setting at the default?

My plugin is on port 8085, so I set the docker port to 8090.

Can I set the path to /cache/.sabnzbd-docker/path?

Under portmapping I see 8080 and 8090 already filled in. Are 2 mappings needed or can one be removed?

I also use a docker from Sparklyball which doesn't use Arches Linux, will that be a problem?

nope, no issue whatsoever, you can mix and match docker images with no side effects as they are all in their own sandboxes.

when your configuring sabnzbd, you should ALWAYS leave it on the defaults, if you alter this you will run into issues, the docker image has been designed to use the default ports, the tweaks i refered to earlier is done on the host side, NOT the docker side, or to be more clear, when configuring the docker using the unraid webui, make sure under the heading "port mappings" that you define the "host port" as a unique port number.

you can set it to whatever you like to be honest, as long as the base share is set to "cache-only" then you should be good, i see your using the period in the foldername to stop the mover script, i personally wouldn't recommend that, instead just mark the share as cache-only instead.

I also use a docker from Sparklyball which doesn't use Arches Linux, will that be a problem?

nope, no issue whatsoever, you can mix and match docker images with no side effects as they are all in their own sandboxes.

when your configuring sabnzbd, you should ALWAYS leave it on the defaults, if you alter this you will run into issues, the docker image has been designed to use the default ports, the tweaks i refered to earlier is done on the host side, NOT the docker side, or to be more clear, when configuring the docker using the unraid webui, make sure under the heading "port mappings" that you define the "host port" as a unique port number.

you can set it to whatever you like to be honest, as long as the base share is set to "cache-only" then you should be good, i see your using the period in the foldername to stop the mover script, i personally wouldn't recommend that, instead just mark the share as cache-only instead.

So after adding the docker I should just click create without editing anything? Or can I just remove the 8080 portmapping and leave the 8090 portmapping. When it is created I can change the path and evt. Network type? Should it be host or bridge? 

So after adding the docker I should just click create without editing anything? Or can I just remove the 8080 portmapping and leave the 8090 portmapping. When it is created I can change the path and evt. Network type? Should it be host or bridge?

you should "add container" then define it before clicking on "create" so this is the time you would define the unique "host port" and the "host path" for the "volume mapping".

leave the container port and container volume alone, and dont touch the network type, that will be set correctly to bridge.