[ARCHIVE] binhex docker repository

OK, newbie here I installed delugevpn docker and everything is good except I can't delete any of my downloads off the cache drive.

\mnt\cache\appdata\delugevpn\downloads\complete 

I need to be able to delete them because I don't want my cache drive filling up.

Any idea what I should do to fix this?

Thanks!

are you uusing a separate account to authenticate with unraid or just using the standard authentication method (nobody account)?, also how are you trying to delete the files, using a windows machine and navigating to the share?

BTW, was there a reason to enable https per command-line parameter?

its just simply so the port is defined without having to get the user to define it using the ui, also means you get ssl out of the box if you wish to use it.

@binhex

Is there a way for NZBGet to connect to VPN?

Right now, no as it would require some work to get nzbget to be correctly secured via the VPN tunnel.

Ah I see,

I think I will stick with NZBGet + VPN on a VM :)

im not saying it wont happen, just that its not "top of the pops" for me right now :-), needs a few interested parties also, trying to steer away from developing docker images for individuals, i hope you understand.

Bungy (jshridha) has already done a version of NZBGet with VPN functionality based on your deluge VPN. 

It works very well too.

Probably best not to duplicate effort....

Yep, I have tried, it work really well NZBGet with VPN.

Only downside is that NZBGet docker (Bungy) installed with Python 3 which mean most of popular NZBGet scripts will fail. I requested him to downgrade to Python 2, lets see :)

***bump***

Hello again all.  Hope this is not too much question for a day.  I just installed sabnzbd and sickbeard.  Under data folder, I have /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/.  Upon configuration of Sabnzbd, it shows Default Base Folder: /config, and temporary download folder as 'Downloads/incomplete', 'Downloads/complete'.  My question is, where does the downloads go?  Is it inside the sabnzbd inside the docker.img?  All I can see right now in my cache drive is docker.img.  Still sort of confused.  Would like to clarify some more details.  So sabnzbd is residing inside Docker?  So the folders mentioned above, such as Downloads/incomplete, Downloads/complete, will it also be inside docker.img?  Will this be moved by the mover script when downloads are kept inside the docker.img's sabnzbd folder?  While in the folders page of sabnzbd, how do you point it onto the cache drive itself?

***bump***

Hello again all.  Hope this is not too much question for a day.  I just installed sabnzbd and sickbeard.  Under data folder, I have /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/.  Upon configuration of Sabnzbd, it shows Default Base Folder: /config, and temporary download folder as 'Downloads/incomplete', 'Downloads/complete'.  My question is, where does the downloads go?  Is it inside the sabnzbd inside the docker.img?  All I can see right now in my cache drive is docker.img.  Still sort of confused.  Would like to clarify some more details.  So sabnzbd is residing inside Docker?  So the folders mentioned above, such as Downloads/incomplete, Downloads/complete, will it also be inside docker.img?  Will this be moved by the mover script when downloads are kept inside the docker.img's sabnzbd folder?  While in the folders page of sabnzbd, how do you point it onto the cache drive itself?

What are your volume mappings?

My question is, where does the downloads go?  Is it inside the sabnzbd inside the docker.img?

ok so the docker.img file stores ALL your docker images and containers, if you delete the docker.img file and re-create it then you will be back with a blank unraid docker ui with no docker containers, think of it as a store for all your docker "stuff", of course you can keep data and configuration outside of the docker.img file, and this is where the volume mappings come into play

So sabnzbd is residing inside Docker? 

sabnzbd is running in a docker container, yes, and that docker container is stored in the docker.img file.

So the folders mentioned above, such as Downloads/incomplete, Downloads/complete, will it also be inside docker.img?  Will this be moved by the mover script when downloads are kept inside the docker.img's sabnzbd folder?  While in the folders page of sabnzbd, how do you point it onto the cache drive itself?

ok so the above is all about volume mappings, the Downloads/blah folders you listed above are all default values that sabnzbd comes with, by default sabnzbd creates folders INSIDE the running container, this is a BAD thing, what this means is if you download a 10GB file it will save the 10GB file INSIDE your docker.img file (remember all docker containers exist in the docker.img file), this is bad in two ways, firstly your docker.img file will likely fill up and grind all your dockers to a halt, and secondly you cant get to the downloaded file as its stored in the file system inside the docker container.

so whats the solution?, use volume mappings, this allows you to map a folder OUTSIDE of your docker container that you can reference. thats what the /data and /config folders are, they are container volume mappings to your hosts file system, thus allowing you to write to anywhere on your array/cache.

in short the solution is point sabnzbd at /data/downloads /data/incomplete  see my screenshot a few posts ago for example.

Binhex, similarly,  i was able to install sickbeard successfully.  But want to change port to 8082, same procedure?

yep, exactly the same procedure for ALL dockers

Sounds like a candidate for the Docker FAQ!  :)

It also sounds like you could use your own FAQ, just to lighten your load here.  Perhaps add some common Q&A's to the bottom of your first post?  Or whenever possible, generalize them and add them to the Docker FAQ.  FAQ's are not just to help new users, but to help those answering the same questions over and over!

Hello Binhex,

Sort of understanding the concept.  Just like mapping ports from container to host, the folders must also be mapped? 

Thank you for the explanation.

precisely! :-) think of it as a barrier between docker and your host, in order to pass through this barrier you need to use a mapping, whether it be a port mapping for networking or a volume mapping for data

Hello Binhex, I can't access sickbeard, but I have these logs. 

2015-06-25 08:14:53,002 CRIT Set uid to user 0

2015-06-25 08:14:53,002 WARN Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/sickbeard.conf" during parsing

2015-06-25 08:14:53,006 INFO supervisord started with pid 1

2015-06-25 08:14:54,011 INFO spawned: 'sickbeard' with pid 7

2015-06-25 08:14:55,013 INFO success: sickbeard entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

2015-06-25 08:14:55,825 DEBG 'sickbeard' stderr output:

08:14:55 INFO::MAIN :: Checking database structure...

2015-06-25 08:14:55,839 DEBG 'sickbeard' stderr output:

08:14:55 INFO::MAIN :: Checking database structure...

2015-06-25 08:14:55,842 DEBG 'sickbeard' stderr output:

08:14:55 INFO::MAIN :: No duplicate show, check passed

2015-06-25 08:14:55,842 DEBG 'sickbeard' stderr output:

08:14:55 INFO::MAIN :: No duplicate episode, check passed

2015-06-25 08:14:55,843 DEBG 'sickbeard' stderr output:

08:14:55 INFO::MAIN :: No orphan episodes, check passed

2015-06-25 08:14:55,846 DEBG 'sickbeard' stderr output:

08:14:55 INFO::MAIN :: Starting Sick Beard on http://0.0.0.0:8082/

2015-06-25 08:14:55,974 DEBG 'sickbeard' stderr output:

08:14:55 INFO::MAIN :: Loading initial show list

2015-06-25 08:14:55,982 DEBG 'sickbeard' stderr output:

08:14:55 INFO::CHECKVERSION :: Checking if source needs an update

2015-06-25 08:14:57,571 DEBG 'sickbeard' stderr output:

08:14:57 INFO::CHECKVERSION :: Check scene exceptions update

2015-06-25 08:14:58,197 DEBG 'sickbeard' stderr output:

08:14:58 INFO::CHECKVERSION :: No scene exceptions update needed

I mapped mine to 8082. 

Don't know where to get more logs so it will help.

Binhex, similarly,  i was able to install sickbeard successfully.  But want to change port to 8082, same procedure?

It also sounds like you could use your own FAQ, just to lighten your load here.  Perhaps add some common Q&A's to the bottom of your first post?  Or whenever possible, generalize them and add them to the Docker FAQ.  FAQ's are not just to help new users, but to help those answering the same questions over and over!

And refine my poor explanation  of folder mapping

yeah you've noticed im getting a battering here :-), issue is im in a catch-22 right now, struggling to find the time to enhance the OP due to responding to posts and very busy at work too, i might see if i can take a bit of time out of responding to posts for a  day and get some FAQ's posted up. i am going to put a link to the Docker FAQ on the OP and try and redirect newbies to this as it is a very good resource of material to get people started.

yeah you've noticed im getting a battering here :-), issue is im in a catch-22 right now, struggling to find the time to enhance the OP due to responding to posts and very busy at work too, i might see if i can take a bit of time out of responding to posts for a  day and get some FAQ's posted up. i am going to put a link to the Docker FAQ on the OP and try and redirect newbies to this as it is a very good resource of material to get people started.

To be honest there's been a deluge (no pun intended) of posts across the forum from people asking the same thing.  I know I've responded to a fair few over the last few months and it all boils down to "not getting docker" either with folder or port mappings.

A decent proportion have more than a tinge of "spoon feed" about them. 

Take a break for a while binhex, no-one is going to come to any harm from not having a torrent client or the like for a few days and who knows maybe people will figure it out for themself.  ::)

OK, newbie here I installed delugevpn docker and everything is good except I can't delete any of my downloads off the cache drive.

I need to be able to delete them because I don't want my cache drive filling up.

Thanks!

are you uusing a separate account to authenticate with unraid or just using the standard authentication method (nobody account)?, also how are you trying to delete the files, using a windows machine and navigating to the share?

I'm not sure what you mean separate account to authenticate.

When I try to delete the downloaded torrent files i'm just navigating from a windows machine using the network browser to this directory.  \\TOWER\cache\appdata\delugevpn\downloads\complete

I try to delete the files I downloaded but it says I need permission from unix user/nobody to make changes to the files.

when you say you " it doesn't let me remove it " what exactly is happening?, you should be able to remove that volume mapping by editing the container then just simply click on remove and save.

The remove button is greyed out for me and it won't let me edit the container volume path.

PlexDocker_zps3ebui8qg.jpg

Thanks!

Or  delete it from the deluge interface

When I try to delete the downloaded torrent files i'm just navigating from a windows machine using the network browser to this directory.  \\TOWER\cache\appdata\delugevpn\downloads\complete

I try to delete the files I downloaded but it says I need permission from unix user/nobody to make changes to the files.

Delete from the deluge interface,  or disconnect the share from windows and reconnect using "guest" and not an account

Thanks!

Or  delete it from the deluge interface

Delete from the deluge interface,  or disconnect the share from windows and reconnect using "guest" and not an account

Yeah, from now on i'll just have deluge delete the files.  Not sure how to log in with guest.  I can only see how to login with root and the 2 user shares I created.  Trying to do it from a user share doesn't work, even though they have full read/write permissions to the cache drive.

In windows you need to get to the Credentials Manager (usually under Control Panel). Fine the one(s) that reference your unraid server and delete them.

Then navigate to \\tower\myusershare again. If it asks for a username / password type nobody and hit enter. Might have to type a PW as well, just type nobody again.

Ok got the Docker setup and since I've worked with Plex before the rest looks pretty straightforward.

Just one question.  How does one update Plex?  Upon the initial setup Plex is already out of date so how do I go about updating the Plex docker to the newest version?  The version shown for the latest update of the Docker is 0.9.12.3 and there is a 0.9.12.4 out.

In windows you need to get to the Credentials Manager (usually under Control Panel). Fine the one(s) that reference your unraid server and delete them.

Then navigate to \\tower\myusershare again. If it asks for a username / password type nobody and hit enter. Might have to type a PW as well, just type nobody again.

I tried it and it says access is denied.  user name=nobody  password=nobody.

Ok got the Docker setup and since I've worked with Plex before the rest looks pretty straightforward.

Just one question.  How does one update Plex?  Upon the initial setup Plex is already out of date so how do I go about updating the Plex docker to the newest version?  The version shown for the latest update of the Docker is 0.9.12.3 and there is a 0.9.12.4 out.

Waiting for AUR to update their package, once it's updated I will trigger a new build and you can then pull it down, typically this happens with a couple of days lag behind release, FYI here is the link to AUR https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/plex-media-server/

Waiting for AUR to update their package, once it's updated I will trigger a new build and you can then pull it down, typically this happens with a couple of days lag behind release, FYI here is the link to AUR https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/plex-media-server/

Good to know, thanks!

I tried it and it says access is denied.  user name=nobody  password=nobody.

Is the share setup as private, secure, or public?