unRAID Server OS 6 Release Date, Live Twitter Chat, and Pro Key Giveaway!

jonp

• UPDATE:  LESS THAN 1 HOUR AND 20 MINUTES UNTIL TWITTER CHAT WITH LIME TECHNOLOGY IS LIVE!
      It's getting very close to tweet time!  A couple of tips for participating in the chat:
      • If you don't have a twitter account, you will need one to ask questions
      • You do NOT need a twitter account to read the chat
      • You can easily see all the questions / responses for the chat here:  http://tweetchat.com/room/unraid6released
      • Remember, to earn a chance to win a free unRAID Server OS Pro key, you must tweet a question to @limetechnology between 3PM-5PM PDT TODAY with hash tag #unraid6released

Original Message

Hey everyone!  For those that aren't aware, earlier this week we announced live on Category 5 Technology TV that unRAID 6 will be released on Monday, June 15th.  In addition to releasing unRAID 6 to the world on Monday, we will also be hosting a live twitter chat session with all of you, during which you can ask us any questions you want!  The chat will start at 3PM Pacific Standard Time and will last for two hours.  And just when you thought it couldn't be any better, we're also giving away a free unRAID Server Pro Registration Key to the person with the best question!

To recap:

1 - unRAID Server OS 6 will be released on Monday, June 15th, 2015

2 - Live twitter chat will start at 3PM PST

3 - Follow us on twitter: @limetechnology

4 - Tweet your question with hashtag #unraid6released to enter for a chance to win a free Pro key!

A few updates

• If you want to know what 3PM PST is in your time zone, BRiT put an event time announcer together for us.
  • To clarify, in order for an entry to win the Pro key to be considered valid, you must follow us on twitter and your question must be tweeted between 3PM and 5PM PST on Monday, June 15th.
  • Tweets sent before or after the announcement time frame will not be considered.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone!  For those that aren't aware, earlier this week we announced live on Category 5 Technology TV that unRAID 6 will be released on Monday, June 15th.  In addition to releasing unRAID 6 to the world on Monday, we will also be hosting a live twitter chat session with all of you, during which you can ask us any questions you want!  The chat will start at 3PM Pacific Standard Time and will last for two hours.  And just when you thought it couldn't be any better, we're also giving away a free unRAID Server Pro Registration Key to the person with the best question!

To recap:

4 - Tweet your question with hashtag #unraid6released to enter for a chance to win a free Pro key!

what's pacific time in relation to eastern standard time (the only american time zone i know what time it is in)

To recap:

Do only those questions which are asked live eligible to win the key?

about two weeks ago i moved from an older beta with a Xen VM to -rc3 with Docker, and things are going great. i'm excited for the big release!

11pm in real time then

are you sure you're not American?

i married one once, does that make me american ?

nope, i'm english, tea and crumpets etc....

11pm is a good time though

Congratulations guys on the (soon to be) release of UnRAID 6.  I know its been a very long and some times trying road.  A lot has changed since the early days of the system, and it's been exciting watching it grow to system it is today.  Keep up the good work balancing the wants and needs of us, your users, while maintaining a stable, easy to use base.

John

Jon, I don't wish to be a party pooper, but the DNS issue still isn't resolved, is that going to hold up the release?

Absolutely not.

^^^^

totally a docker bug, any "fixes" are about getting around their bug and shouldn't hold up release.

Jon, I don't wish to be a party pooper, but the DNS issue still isn't resolved, is that going to hold up the release?

Absolutely not.

^^^^

totally a docker bug, any "fixes" are about getting around their bug and shouldn't hold up release.

Makes sense when you put it like that.

Absolutely not.

^^^^

Absolutely not.

^^^^

Makes sense when you put it like that.

... but why are more people affected under rc6 than under rc5?

No worries.  In the past I have held up releases because "...just one more bug to fix..."  and get into this situation of 18 month release cycle.  This is no longer going to happen.

"Perfect is the enemy of good."

And good is the enemy of great.

6am SEAsia time. I'm not sure what's more important, a chance to win a pro key or a couple of hours sleep.

Anyway, good luck guys, I'm looking forward to the first ever unraid release date that isn't missed.

The chat will start at 3PM Pacific Standard Time and will last for two hours.

(sigh)...I have to be that guy...it's Pacific Daylight Time my friends, PDT.  Don't blame me, blame Benjamin Franklin.

On a less pedantic note, way to go LimeTech!  My servers and I thank you for all your team has done.  Just moved from 10a to the RCs, and it's still a huge difference.  From just a basic user-friendliness perspective, it's such a huge improvement.  I'll always be happy on the command line, but it's nice not to HAVE to use it for everything!

Great job guys...

--P

No worries.  In the past I have held up releases because "...just one more bug to fix..."  and get into this situation of 18 month release cycle.  This is no longer going to happen.

"Perfect is the enemy of good."

I always preferred "Better is the enemy of good enough"  :)

Nevertheless, there's nothing wrong with a release that has known issues, as long as those are clearly noted in the release notes.    ... gives you something to fix for v6.1  :)    A clear exception which SHOULD stop a release would be any issue that impacts data integrity ... but that's not the case with the Docker issue.