unRAID Server OS 6 Release Date, Live Twitter Chat, and Pro Key Giveaway!

jonp

IRC FTW

Twitter FTF

The day I sign up to social media is the day I resign from the internet :)

Dad.... Is that you?

lol

Looking forward to v6 coming out so we can start talking about new features again. Theres always goin g to be some last minute bugs just push it and be proactive for 6.1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why twitter?

Because we have to start somewhere and twitter is probably the easiest platform for the most people.

Wouldn't IRC or possibly Reddit be a better (and easiest to track) medium?

IRC is ok but really isn't that much different than twitter right?  Reddit?? really, reddit?  That place is brutal.  At least with twitter rants are limited to 140 chars  ;)  Maybe in the future.

Possibly a Jisti or hangout video session too? Not to say that these things need be exclusive to one another, why not do them all!?!?!

Sure, eventually.

Guys this is an experiment, let's just see how it goes.

IRC is ok but really isn't that much different than twitter right?  Reddit?? really, reddit?  That place is brutal.  At least with twitter rants are limited to 140 chars  ;)  Maybe in the future.

There is a lot of us who'd upvote and be there to defend you, but actually you probably have a point...  On the other hand, post a picture of a cute kitten with your post and you'll probably be ok...  ::)

Twitter etc are the right choice. Its where the majority of the current and userbase live.

Its just grumpy old men like me that stay away from these places. Just post a sanitised version somewhere people can read after the fact

Why twitter?

Because we have to start somewhere and twitter is probably the easiest platform for the most people.

Wouldn't IRC or possibly Reddit be a better (and easiest to track) medium?

Possibly a Jisti or hangout video session too? Not to say that these things need be exclusive to one another, why not do them all!?!?!

Sure, eventually.

Guys this is an experiment, let's just see how it goes.

Twitter is only "easy" for people who use twitter. I'm not using twitter. As for Reddit, its only brutal in default subs and subs intended to be brutal. I'm not saying its impossible for a brigade to come around but that is what mods are for. [shrug] I say all that but I don't really care either way and won't even be online during release. But you can bet I'll be upgrading later in the evening :)

I dont entirely get what purpose a reddit would serve. There is aleeady a great community discussion goin on here at the official unraid forums. Why dilute that by having discussions held elsewhere? With facebook and twitter, I can see having short attention seeking posts that drive users back to the official LT website or discussion forums.

I dont entirely get what purpose a reddit would serve. There is aleeady a great community discussion goin on here at the official unraid forums. Why dilute that by having discussions held elsewhere? With facebook and twitter, I can see having short attention seeking posts that drive users back to the official LT website or discussion forums.

I can see your point, but there's subreddits for emby & kodi, if you search reddit for Unraid it's only really r/datahoarder that's particularly relevant, just a thought about establishing a presence on the major social site.

But I can also see Tom's point about Reddit, it can be brutal and the community fickle.  Hell, I'm not and IT or business guy so I have no expertise on marketing or anything remotely close, so probably best to ignore me...

The point i think is retweets and the potential for new customers. Its worth a try for sure.

Its going to be USA centric  as the time chosen is 11pm this side of the pond on a school night.

12am for me here in the RS of A  :-[

Where is RS of A?  :-\

South Africa?

I can see your point, but there's subreddits for emby & kodi, if you search reddit for Unraid it's only really r/datahoarder that's particularly relevant, just a thought about establishing a presence on the major social site.

My reasoning for suggesting reddit was to establish a presence on a major site that gets millions of daily readers (just like Twitter). I have participated in numerous AMA and the questions do come thick and fast (like they will on Twitter) but personally I find it much easier to follow the conversation thread on Reddit than Twitter.

One example is the #askcrofty Q&A session that Sky Sports F1 hold after each race. My twitter feed fills up with about 2-300 posts for an hour and then goes dead. Most of the posts get lost in the general noise of Twitter and it's sometimes hard to see which question relates to which answer. That's all.

I hadn't considered the effect of duplicating the conversation on these forums and reddit purely because, again in my opinion, they service entirely different populations (as I suppose does Twitter). It's great that LT are paying this much attention to the community at all, there are many dev houses that don't. Twitter is undoubtedly a great platform if anyone is listening at that moment in history, just personally don't think it's the best choice for this particular use.  8)

Now, is it 11pm yet?

twitter is good for social marketing and again some new users.

Lime-tech should deffo focus on reddit as well (reddit.com/r/unraid) to promote unRaid.

16,801 subscribers = XBMC http://www.reddit.com/r/xbmc

23,860 subscribers = XBMC http://www.reddit.com/r/plex

13,039 subscribers = Roku http://www.reddit.com/r/roku

I would recommend Lime-tech to hire SEO guy in Philippine, they will SEO and social marketing on Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

twitter is good for social marketing and again some new users.

Lime-tech should deffo focus on reddit as well (reddit.com/r/unraid) to promote unRaid.

16,801 subscribers = XBMC http://www.reddit.com/r/xbmc

23,860 subscribers = XBMC http://www.reddit.com/r/plex

13,039 subscribers = Roku http://www.reddit.com/r/roku

I would recommend Lime-tech to hire SEO guy in Philippine, they will SEO and social marketing on Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Never even knew that subreddit existed.  Subscribed!

Hey everyone!  For those that aren't aware, earlier this week we announced live on Category 5 Technology TV that unRAID 6 will be released on Monday, June 15th.  In addition to releasing unRAID 6 to the world on Monday, we will also be hosting a live twitter chat session with all of you, during which you can ask us any questions you want!  The chat will start at 3PM Pacific Standard Time and will last for two hours.  And just when you thought it couldn't be any better, we're also giving away a free unRAID Server Pro Registration Key to the person with the best question!

To recap:

1 - unRAID Server OS 6 will be released on Monday, June 15th, 2015

2 - Live twitter chat will start at 3PM PST

3 - Follow us on twitter: @limetechnology

4 - Tweet your question with hashtag #unraid6released to enter for a chance to win a free Pro key!

Is the pro key giveway the same as for the cat5 show, or in addition to?

Hey everyone!  For those that aren't aware, earlier this week we announced live on Category 5 Technology TV that unRAID 6 will be released on Monday, June 15th.  In addition to releasing unRAID 6 to the world on Monday, we will also be hosting a live twitter chat session with all of you, during which you can ask us any questions you want!  The chat will start at 3PM Pacific Standard Time and will last for two hours.  And just when you thought it couldn't be any better, we're also giving away a free unRAID Server Pro Registration Key to the person with the best question!

To recap:

4 - Tweet your question with hashtag #unraid6released to enter for a chance to win a free Pro key!

In addition to the cat5 giveaway.

To recap:

In addition to the cat5 giveaway.

only one ferrari for tom this week with all these freebies, lol.

UPDATE:  LESS THAN 1 HOUR AND 20 MINUTES UNTIL TWITTER CHAT WITH LIME TECHNOLOGY IS LIVE!

It's getting very close to tweet time!  A couple of tips for participating in the chat:

• If you don't have a twitter account, you will need one to ask questions
  • You do NOT need a twitter account to read the chat
  • You can easily see all the questions / responses for the chat here:  http://tweetchat.com/room/unraid6released
  • Remember, to earn a chance to win a free unRAID Server OS Pro key, you must tweet a question to @limetechnology between 3PM-5PM PDT TODAY with hash tag #unraid6released