unRAID Server Release 6.0.1-x86_64 Available

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick question, i didnt noticed later but, when I browse my protected array, parity is spining up ... since i dont write on it!

Is it normal? Someone noticed that too?

Thanks

Are you sure nothing is writing? Next time you try it, pay close attention to the GUI and the write column for all the data disks.

Memory reporting has a glitch. Shows Max allowable ram as 8GB. Upgraded to 16GB (actual max for this mobo) today and still shows 8GB as max. All 16 are seen both by hardware & unRaid.

Have you tried 6.1-RC series? I think there was a bug similar to this fixed in there.

Memory reporting has a glitch. Shows Max allowable ram as 8GB. Upgraded to 16GB (actual max for this mobo) today and still shows 8GB as max. All 16 are seen both by hardware & unRaid.

Have you tried 6.1-RC series? I think there was a bug similar to this fixed in there.

Just updated to 6.1-rc2 and the "Info" popup is right but still wrong on dashboard page.

Memory: 16384 MB (max. installable capacity 16 GB)*

Screenshot_1.png.b447fc0fc37cacf954af63529c379e01.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just trying to update via plugin and I get this error (never happened to me before when upgrading from other versions):

mkdir: cannot create directory '/boot/unRAIDServer': Read-only file system
mv: target '/boot/unRAIDServer' is not a directory
flash write error 0, maybe corrupted?
plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

Any idea how to solve it?

Rgds.

Hi, just trying to update via plugin and I get this error (never happened to me before when upgrading from other versions):

mkdir: cannot create directory '/boot/unRAIDServer': Read-only file system
mv: target '/boot/unRAIDServer' is not a directory
flash write error 0, maybe corrupted?
plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

Any idea how to solve it?

Rgds.

Sounds like your flash got corrupted, use a windows (or Mac) machine to check and repair.

I will look into that. Thx for support.

Another question I have is, although I selected in Disk Settings XFS as default format, my cache disk has been formatted -after upgrade- as btrfs. Does the option to format cache as XFS not exist?

Rgds.

You can format cache as XFS but cache defaults to btrfs.

Does it need to be done manually? Or where do I specify it should be formatted as XFS. I already selected XFS as default but Unraid did format as btrfs.

You have to set specifically XFS as the format (see drive settings), cause cache defaults to BTRFS.

Also remember that another file system is only possible when the cache is a single device. A cache pool is always using BTRFS.

Does it need to be done manually? Or where do I specify it should be formatted as XFS. I already selected XFS as default but Unraid did format as btrfs.

Can't try it myself at the moment, but see if you can find it like this. With the array stopped, go to Main - Cache Devices. If you can't select the filesystem there, then click on the cache drive to get to its page and you can probably select it there. After changing filesystems, unRAID will want to format it. May have to go to Main - Array Operations and check some box or something to start the array and format.

Also note that if you want to use cache pooling, you will have to use btrfs.

Hi trurl,

There is no option in Main-cache devices. Only option I found to format as XFS (any disk) is in Disk-Settings. Nut nothing specifically for caches disks. I will wait for you -or anyone else- that can check if this option is available for a cache disk.

Another question I have is if it is posible to have this setup?

-cache disk 1: dedicated to host vm images (not for typicall cache function!)

-cache disk 2: dedicated for typicall cache function

After upgrading to v6.0.1 my externally mounted SSD (used to store vm images) is not present any more. I remember some time before I read about the new Unraid licensing, but I thought it does not affect a Pro license. Can anyone confirm how this works now?

Rgds.

Hi trurl,

There is no option in Main-cache devices. Only option I found to format as XFS (any disk) is in Disk-Settings. Nut nothing specifically for caches disks. I will wait for you -or anyone else- that can check if this option is available for a cache disk.

Another question I have is if it is posible to have this setup?

-cache disk 1: dedicated to host vm images (not for typicall cache function!)

-cache disk 2: dedicated for typicall cache function

After upgrading to v6.0.1 my externally mounted SSD (used to store vm images) is not present any more. I remember some time before I read about the new Unraid licensing, but I thought it does not affect a Pro license. Can anyone confirm how this works now?

Rgds.

Probably best to use the unassigned devices plugin, my setup is in essence exactly what you're after and instead of cache disk 1 I use the unassigned devices to mount an non-array disk for VMs etc

Probably best to use the unassigned devices plugin, my setup is in essence exactly what you're after and instead of cache disk 1 I use the unassigned devices to mount an non-array disk for VMs etc

You are right, I tried to create one of my vm´s and the SSD mounted outside of the array was there. I forgot to install before the unassigned devices plugin, so it was not present at main page.

Click on the 'cache' entry and you will be taken to dialogs that allow you to change the settings.

Click on the 'cache' entry and you will be taken to dialogs that allow you to change the settings.

You all were right. What was happening was that I had selected 2 slots in main-cache. When this is happening it defaults to btrfs. Even if only one disk is assigned.

I changed that and in main-cache you get the option to select XFS.

Thx all!