[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

I feel like the plugins part in Unraid is not for these types of applications in the future, plugins is more like CA and PreClear etc. But I dunno :P

I've actually been taking some crap from lsio as of late for CA "legitimizing" apps like Plex as a plugin (since its present in CA)  PhAzE does an amazing job keep his stuff running and avoiding dependency problems, but its far far easier to do the same thing as a docker app than a plugin.

Plex was unreachable again. So deleted docker.img and started again everything looks ok for now... Will post back if it happens again.

Deleting docker.img seems excessive, that's like formatting your hard disk instead of uninstalling an app.  What happens if you just delete the plex container and image from the webui and reinstall, does that fix it?

It seem extreme but its very quick as all the appdata and docker templates are saved so its quickly back up and running. Less than 10 minutes.

If it works I'm happy. I did delete the docker and change it from latest to plexpass but still had same issue at 23:00 last night.

Try changing it back to latest, plexpass is no longer a valid variable...

See the readme here.

I am using the Linuxserver.io Plex docker, have PlexPass, and have updated the version variable as needed to access the Plex DVR beta.  Today I see that Plex Docker is reporting an update.  I assume that I should not apply that update since I am already using a beta version, correct?

I am using the Linuxserver.io Plex docker, have PlexPass, and have updated the version variable as needed to access the Plex DVR beta.  Today I see that Plex Docker is reporting an update.  I assume that I should not apply that update since I am already using a beta version, correct?

No, container updates for plex are triggered because we updated something in the container (may not be significant as builds are triggered automatically each time there is a github PR merged), you set the version yourself in the template and this will not be affected by the container update.

No, container updates for plex are triggered because we updated something in the container (may not be significant as builds are triggered automatically each time there is a github PR merged), you set the version yourself in the template and this will not be affected by the container update.

Thanks

Planning on updating my server to unRaid 6.2 and figured it would be a good time to switch from the unRaid Plex docker to the IO version. Exactly what do I need to do to switch dockers but preserve the data?

Should just work if you use the same volume mappings, but if you want you could backup the appdata.

Planning on updating my server to unRaid 6.2 and figured it would be a good time to switch from the unRaid Plex docker to the IO version. Exactly what do I need to do to switch dockers but preserve the data?

Should just work if you use the same volume mappings, but if you want you could backup the appdata.

Thanks. And then after I update unRaid to 6.2 I need to delete and re-install the docker?

Thanks. And then after I update unRaid to 6.2 I need to delete and re-install the docker?

Delete docker.img and reinstall all dockers. See 6.2 release thread.

Hey guys.  Just upgraded unraid to 6.2 and forced the update on Plex docker.  Its not working now.  :(  I noticed that the Port Mappings Section is blank on just that 1 docker.  I went into settings and started to tinker.  Stupid me didn't take a screenshot of the settings before playing...

Here are my current settings.  Suggestions?

MediaBeast_UpdateContainer.png.1672721a2b3e7f76a1bde309d5e0ca6e.png

MediaBeast_UpdateContainer2.png.eee48d4706fd22c6194b9963d48e8e85.png

Hey guys.  Just upgraded unraid to 6.2 and forced the update on Plex docker.  Its not working now.  :(  I noticed that the Port Mappings Section is blank on just that 1 docker.  I went into settings and started to tinker.  Stupid me didn't take a screenshot of the settings before playing...

Set Network Type to Host

Set Network Type to Host

Tried.  Got same result.  All other dockers are "Bridge"...  I set as "Bridge" and setup a host port (32400).  Still not working though...  Can you confirm what you have for the webUI?

MediaBeast_UpdateContainer3.png.2685e613933a42f7aa6a049a1cccac46.png

MediaBeast_UpdateContainer4.png.9a63cad3d3fd300752d6b775b2ae8823.png

If you read the github linked in the first post, you will see that net=host is required.

Thanks.  Just read through it again and then switched back to net=host.  Still not working.  Wondering if I have something wrong with the PUID or PGID values.  I didn't change those and not really sure how to check what I should put in there.

I see that its the only docker without port mapping applied.

MediaBeast_Docker.png.b4d736ca62979c5a4d8bf315a638dcca.png

On my old setup before unRAID, I used to create a symbolic link from my small SSD to a larger HDD for /Plex Media Server/Cache/Transcode/Sync+ which is where cloud/device sync files are stored temporarily .

How do I do the same with unRAID i.e. point /mnt/user/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache/Transcode/Sync+ to /mnt/user/transcode which is setup to use the cache, but NOT only the cache so that if there are more files than my cache can upload in a day then the mover will move them to the array. 

This will ensure files get created fast, but if there's more than my connection can keep up with then they are moved to the array.

Thanks in advance.

On my old setup before unRAID, I used to create a symbolic link from my small SSD to a larger HDD for /Plex Media Server/Cache/Transcode/Sync+ which is where cloud/device sync files are stored temporarily .

How do I do the same with unRAID i.e. point /mnt/user/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache/Transcode/Sync+ to /mnt/user/transcode which is setup to use the cache, but NOT only the cache so that if there are more files than my cache can upload in a day then the mover will move them to the array. 

This will ensure files get created fast, but if there's more than my connection can keep up with then they are moved to the array.

Thanks in advance.

If your cache gets full, files meant for a cached user share are written directly to the array instead of cache. Mover only moves on schedule not when cache gets full.

Why bother with a symlink when you can just set a mapping for transcode?

Thanks in advance.

If your cache gets full, files meant for a cached user share are written directly to the array instead of cache. Mover only moves on schedule not when cache gets full.

Why bother with a symlink when you can just set a mapping for transcode?

Adding another share for background sync tasks will ensure that my cache drive never gets full i.e.:

- if it's syncing one show then leave on the cache

- if I'm syncing a whole library to cloud sync, then rather than leave xxxGB of files on a cache drive let the mover move to the array overnight

The mapping for the transcode in the plex settings only works for temporary transcodes e.g. a film that is being viewed that is being transcoded.  It doesn't apply to background transcodes, so on windows I did a symbolic link but don't know how to do with linux/unRAID