[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

No i have my dvr library assigned to the array.  I am just looking for the time shift recordings.  It is constantly writing to my ssd all the time while someone is watching tv.  I think it always keeps 1hr of the channel you are watching in memory to rewind.  This is a lot of ssd usage if you have 1-2 tv's on a day for multiple hours.  

2 minutes ago, Jobine said:

I know, but I would like to switch from the Limetech Plex Docker to the Linuxserver Plex Docker without losing my database.

I did this a few years ago by just pointing the LSIO docker to my existing data. The dockers have changed since then though so ymmv. I would think that if you tried and this failed it would be easy to revert back to the LT docker. Haven't ever tested this though.

3 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

I did this a few years ago by just pointing the LSIO docker to my existing data. The dockers have changed since then though so ymmv. I would think that if you tried and this failed it would be easy to revert back to the LT docker. Haven't ever tested this though.

Take a backup of the appdata before you start in case you have problems. that way you can revert back to the LT docker with your original untouched backup of your appdata if you have any problems.

I migrated from an old plugin to LSIO docker using this method and didn’t encounter any problems, tho as above with wgstarks I did do this a long time ago so ymmv.

On 9/20/2017 at 7:54 PM, Addy said:

I would, but the docker section on the forum boards are greyed out for me... not sure why I havnt logged into the forums before today. 

EDIT: Found a random forum post saying to rename the codec directory and restart the docker. This seems to have fixed the issue for me.

Having same issue can't find forum post your talking about do you mind detailing how you fixed it would be greatly appreciated!

Found a fix

Delete codecs folder in appdata:

\appdata\plex\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Codecs

Restart the docker image and it fixes the issue

Edited by mikefallen

Hi guys,

how can I add custom lines to the command line which starts the docker image?

I only used the gui, I'm not really an advanced linux user.

Is there a place on the GUI, where I can edit the 'raw' launcher code for the docker?

I'd like to add a new line for me to enable USB DVB-C Tuner. It should work with docker, right?

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/275487/getting-plex-pass-docker-and-live-tv-working-sharing-usb-devices

ps: what can the restart line do? Can it be set to restart this image periodically by itself?

Thanks!

Edited by LSL1337
2 hours ago, LSL1337 said:

Hi guys,

how can I add custom lines to the command line which starts the docker image?

I only used the gui, I'm not really an advanced linux user.

Is there a place on the GUI, where I can edit the 'raw' launcher code for the docker?

I'd like to add a new line for me to enable USB DVB-C Tuner. It should work with docker, right?

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/275487/getting-plex-pass-docker-and-live-tv-working-sharing-usb-devices

ps: what can the restart line do? Can it be set to restart this image periodically by itself?

Thanks!

As long as unraid recognizes your usb device and loads the drivers, you can pass the device into the container through the container settings gui (select device under "Add another path, port or variable") 

Huge thanks, as ever, you have been very helpful.

my other 2 questions still:

is it possible to edit the 'code' in the GUI somewhere, or is it only possible via ssh by typing it out again, and creating a different docker?

is it possible to configure plex docker for periodic restart via extra parameters? (something similiar in the above mentioned plex forum thread)

1 minute ago, LSL1337 said:

is it possible to edit the 'code' in the GUI somewhere, or is it only possible via ssh by typing it out again, and creating a different docker?

?Huh  

What are you looking to achieve so I can get on the same page, as not sure I understand the question.

is it possible to configure plex docker for periodic restart via extra parameters? (something similiar in the above mentioned plex forum thread)

Use the user.scripts plugin

• Upvote 1

wow, user.scripts plug-in seems very easy to use. even i can manage it.

regarding my other question: yeah, my bad, I wasn't very clear. by code i mean the starting command line, which starts the docker container

i can see the line, when i configured it from the GUI, after I start it, and it downloads the image. I want to customize it. Is it possible from the gui? probably not.

for example If I want to enable hardware transcoding in docker (when it will be part of the mainline release, I need to add '--device /dev/dri:/dev/dri \' 

should i just use extra parameters for that as well, or I add it as extra variable(device)?

(I didn't even know these 2 features are in the GUI until today, maybe both will work for the GPU passthrough?

THANKS!

@LSL1337

Have a look at the first post here which shows how to passthrough a DVB device.

One thing to be aware of is the need to change the permissions on anything you want to passthrough, I do this for DVB in the plugin that's installed so the end user doesn't have to worry about it, but if you were passing something else through like --device /dev/dri/ then you'd want to run the command along the lines of.

chown -R nobody:users /dev/dri

nobody is equal to the PUID of 99

users is equal to the PGID of 100

That command could be added to your go file so it is executed at boot time.

Edited by CHBMB
1 minute ago, LSL1337 said:

I managed to pass through the DVB with your plugin on the first try, thanks.

my other questions regarding hw transcoding. well, now i'm further in the woods...

but it's still a few months-years until it's mainline. I'll wait with that command until than. I won't waste your time until than :)

cheers

Great! Mind me asking what card you're using?  Might be useful for folks to know what is working with Plex.

39 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

@LSL1337 Thanks, good to know, some folks are having issues with the quad tuners so nice to know the dual is working, what version of Unraid are you using? 6.3.5 or rc9f and which DVB build?

I'm on the latest version, wich is 6 3 5. Nut sure what rc9f is, is it a beta? I'm not running that.

I used the libreelec version.

full disclosure: I didn't actually got the channels, cos I didn't yet run the DVB-C cable to the server, and the small (5cm) DVB-T tuner didn't get any channels, which isn't a suprise, but my tuner shows up in plex/tvheadend, and in the DVB plugin, so I think it will be fine.

2 minutes ago, LSL1337 said:

I'm on the latest version, wich is 6 3 5. Nut sure what rc9f is, is it a beta? I'm not running that.

I used the libreelec version.

full disclosure: I didn't actually got the channels, cos I didn't yet run the DVB-C cable to the server, and the small (5cm) DVB-T tuner didn't get any channels, which isn't a suprise, but my tuner shows up in plex/tvheadend, and in the DVB plugin, so I think it will be fine.

Thanks matey, that is helpful.

RC9f = Version 6.4 Release Candidate 9f (the f denotes that a-e were LT internal test builds only)