Cache Drive Unassigned on each Reboot (6.1.?)

SuperW2

So just noticed a new odd issue, happened at least with 6.1.5 and 6.1.6, but possibly earlier (I hadn't rebooted for a couple month previously to some drive upgrades over the past few weeks). 

On every reboot of my Server, the Cache Drive comes back unassigned.  I can't be 100% sure on the timing, but it's possible that I started notice after I did a "New Config" to Shrink my array (removed a couple smaller/empty drives).  No issue if I just re-assign the cache drive back and everything seems to be OK.

Attached is Syslog from last reboot this morning (when the Cache Drive was again unassigned and I had to assign it).

media-syslog-20151203-0707.zip

This happened to me once and got around it by using a different browser to assign cache and start array, then continued to use old browser (chrome in my case).

I can give that a try on next reboot... I'm a 100% Chrome user (but have others installed obviously, just don't use them).

This happened to me once and got around it by using a different browser to assign cache and start array, then continued to use old browser (chrome in my case).

This seemed to fix the issue at least with just 1 reboot.

Rebooted the server, opened Console with Firefox (vs. Chrome), Cache Drive was again Unassigned.  Stopped array, assigned cache drive, restarted array.  Stopped and rebooted and reopened console with Chrome and cache drive assigned an all good...

Odd, but seems to be OK now, so thanks!

-SW2

There have been reports recently of adblockers interfering with the webUI. I've had my server whitelisted in Adblock Plus for years so I have never encountered these issues.

Ah...I am using 2 different AdBlockers in Chrome (AdBlock Plus and UBlock Origin) but nothing in FF.  I will add my server to the whitelist domains and give it another shot on next reboot.

There have been reports recently of adblockers interfering with the webUI. I've had my server whitelisted in Adblock Plus for years so I have never encountered these issues.

Why would Adblock have any issues with the webGUI..., are pages / plugin's trying to load remote information?

Seems to be keying on something in the HTML. See search tips in my sig for other discussion of this.

Why would Adblock have any issues with the webGUI..., are pages / plugin's trying to load remote information?

The webGUI runs in a dynamic mode (hence the name). It retrieves local information in the background, which gives the user the impression pages are not hanging while these are being build and provides regular information updates while watching a page.

In case of Plugins, it will read remote information, as is given in the particular plugin (usually this is a github location).

In short, yes Adblockers or anti-virus programs can interfere with the operation of the webGUI. The simplest workaround is to just whitelist the webGUI as mentioned before.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I also have this issue ever since I replaced my spinning cache drive with a SSD.  Some times it it unassigned sometimes it is there.  Very unreliable.  I tried the multiple browser trick with no luck.  I will have to try getting rid of the unassigned drive plugin next.  I hope it is not that as I do like that plugin.

Joe

6 minutes ago, Joe said:

I also have this issue ever since I replaced my spinning cache drive with a SSD.  Some times it it unassigned sometimes it is there.  Very unreliable.  I tried the multiple browser trick with no luck.  I will have to try getting rid of the unassigned drive plugin next.  I hope it is not that as I do like that plugin.

Joe

If a different browser doesn't work boot in safe mode: