[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Plugins check for updates. Install the webUi update that'll be available.  99% of the time that's what that failure is caused by

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Thanks!  Once I updated the webui plugin it installed correctly.  Pretty sure those missing ENV's were my issue since I came from the non-VPN version of Deluge my existing template didn't have those defined and I just added the ones I read about in the thread.  Just checked my torrent IP and I'm all set!

Will there be anything us end users need to do or be aware of in light of PIA's mandatory update of desktop clients and new openvpn config files?

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/21779/we-are-removing-our-russian-presence

No change, this is purely the removal of Russia as an exit point due to mandatory logging

Edit actually it make it sound like there global changes to the ovpn files so I will double check, just saw the email pop into my inbox this morning and assumed no further changes, looks like its cert and encryption changes so i will need to do some work, booo

edit2 - confirmed cert changes and some additional config to define stronger encryption in the ovpn file, leave it with me guys.

Will there be anything us end users need to do or be aware of in light of PIA's mandatory update of desktop clients and new openvpn config files?

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/21779/we-are-removing-our-russian-presence

PIA users please read

Due to changes in certificates and the increasing of the encryption used you will need to do the following (affects PIA users only):-

1. Go to unraid docker ui, left click delugevpn icon, and select stop

2. Delete all files in /config/openvpn/ on the host

3. Go to unraid docker ui, left click delugevpn icon, and select edit

4. Change the port number, normally 1194 to port 1198

5. Ciick save

The action of saving will not only change your config but will force the pulldown of the latest docker image (unraid docker updates bug causes updates not to show).

If anybody is seeing issues please screenshot your edit screen with advanced view switched on, also post the supervisord.log file (located in /config).

PIA users please read

Due to changes in certificates and the increasing of the encryption used you will need to do the following (affects PIA users only):-

5. Ciick save

The action of saving will not only change your config but will force the pulldown of the latest docker image (unraid docker updates bug causes updates not to show).

If anybody is seeing issues please screenshot your edit screen with advanced view switched on, also post the supervisord.log file (located in /config).

Thanks!

Doesn't like port 1198 for me. The files are too large to attach so I am sending you a PM with a link.

you issue looks to be certificate related, what are the filenames of the crt and pem files in the /config/openvpn/ folder on the host side?

Doesn't like port 1198 for me. The files are too large to attach so I am sending you a PM with a link.

you issue looks to be certificate related, what are the filenames of the crt and pem files in the /config/openvpn/ folder on the host side?

EDIT:  Ignore me, use binhex's instructions, I had an ID10T error and archedraft had a PEBKAC error...  ;D

See attached.

yeah as i suspected, you need to delete ALL files in /config/openvpn/, then restart the docker, this will update the ovpn file and the certs, your screenshot shows the old cert filenames so i know your not using the new ones.

See attached.

yeah as i suspected, you need to delete ALL files in /config/openvpn/, then restart the docker, this will update the ovpn file and the certs, your screenshot shows the old cert filenames so i know your not using the new ones.

OK so for some reason when I updated the port number on the last step my docker was not pulling the latest version. I had to manually click update docker and install latest version, then delete openvpn files, and then change the port. Now it is working. Thanks for your help!

From the zip they are:

crl.rsa.4096.pem
ca.rsa.4096.crt

renaming them to

crl.pem
ca.crt

and changing the port to 1198

Everything working.  ;)

EDIT:  I deleted everything apart from credentials.conf from /config/openvpn but I also deleted my deluge docker and repulled it from the hub.

@archedraft - It's a PEBKAC error....  ;D

Ah, I just figured it was a standard archedraft is special moment...  ;D

Don't worry about it, I've just been scratching my head why my openvpn files weren't where I expected them.  /config/openvpn was empty

Opened a terminal in the container and checked.  Yep they're there.

Then I realised my old appdata folder was called deluge, new one was called binhex-delugevpn.

So bottom line.  It works, I was talking rubbish....  ::)

Don't worry about it, I've just been scratching my head why my openvpn files weren't where I expected them.  /config/openvpn was empty

Then I realised my old appdata folder was called deluge, new one was called binhex-delugevpn.

Glad it's working guys :-) seems like not everybody is having such good luck http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=50320.0

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Glad it's working guys :-) seems like not everybody is having such good luck http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=50320.0

Yeah, but they're not the tech geniuses that are CHBMB and archedraft......  ::)

EDIT:  Ignore me, use binhex's instructions, I had an ID10T error and archedraft had a PEBKAC error...  ;D

Yeah, but they're not the tech geniuses that are CHBMB and archedraft......  ::)

It's true, with our combined computer super powers we could try and take over the world!

66290663.jpg

I won't say which one of us is which...

I had a momentary show stopper caused by unraid's failure to update the template when the author submits changes. My template did not contain the VPN_PROTOCOL variable, which is now required.

Easily fixed, but I thought it would be good to document it here for the next poor soul who can't figure out why following a simple set of instructions that works for everyone else doesn't work for them.

I had a momentary show stopper caused by unraid's failure to update the template when the author submits changes. My template did not contain the VPN_PROTOCOL variable, which is now required.

Easily fixed, but I thought it would be good to document it here for the next poor soul who can't figure out why following a simple set of instructions that works for everyone else doesn't work for them.

yeah its a real kicker for us dev's that template edit's dont get pushed out, but i understand its easier said than done.

Is there a reason the new update has .dev0 appended to the version number?

"Deluge 1.3.12.dev0" vs "Deluge 1.3.12"

Googling now to see if there is some obvious explanation.

Edit: Should have googled first.

http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?t=53717

Sounds like something that may cause issues with some private trackers, so maybe could it be edited out of the build?

Thanks.

PIA users please read

5. Ciick save

I'm still running 6.1.9 and followed the directions, but I'm unable to connect again after making these few changes.  I've emptied the /mnt/cache/appdata/delugevpn/openvpn folder, leaving the folder itself empty.  I then changed the port to 1198 and saved, the image appeared to pull and it completed without issue.  I cannot open the webGUI from either the docker icon, or my oft-used bookmark.

I've re-deleted all 4 files in the openvpn folder but now I have lost the entire docker tab in the unRAID GUI.  This happened with the sabnzbdvpn docker, and stopping and restarting the docker from settings brought it back last time.

Here is the last bit from the supervisord.log

2016-07-12 23:40:40,486 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Tue Jul 12 23:40:40 2016 VERIFY ERROR: depth=0, error=unable to get local issuer certificate: C=US, ST=CA, L=LosAngeles, O=Private Internet Access, OU=Private Internet Access, CN=076469209787985669eadfa089, name=0764692dd8004d9767566978aedadsfdacd8
Tue Jul 12 23:40:40 2016 TLS_ERROR: BIO read tls_read_plaintext error: error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed
Tue Jul 12 23:40:40 2016 TLS Error: TLS object -> incoming plaintext read error
Tue Jul 12 23:40:40 2016 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

2016-07-12 23:40:40,487 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Tue Jul 12 23:40:40 2016 SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting

2016-07-12 23:40:42,494 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Tue Jul 12 23:40:42 2016 UDPv4 link local: [undef]
Tue Jul 12 23:40:42 2016 UDPv4 link remote: [AF_INET]208.167.254.12:1198

PIA users please read

5. Ciick save

I'm still running 6.1.9 and followed the directions, but I'm unable to connect again after making these few changes.  I've emptied the /mnt/cache/appdata/delugevpn/openvpn folder, leaving the folder itself empty.  I then changed the port to 1198 and saved, the image appeared to pull and it completed without issue.  I cannot open the webGUI from either the docker icon, or my oft-used bookmark.

I've re-deleted all 4 files in the openvpn folder but now I have lost the entire docker tab in the unRAID GUI.  This happened with the sabnzbdvpn docker, and stopping and restarting the docker from settings brought it back last time.

Here is the last bit from the supervisord.log

2016-07-12 23:40:40,486 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Tue Jul 12 23:40:40 2016 VERIFY ERROR: depth=0, error=unable to get local issuer certificate: C=US, ST=CA, L=LosAngeles, O=Private Internet Access, OU=Private Internet Access, CN=076469209787985669eadfa089, name=0764692dd8004d9767566978aedadsfdacd8
Tue Jul 12 23:40:40 2016 TLS_ERROR: BIO read tls_read_plaintext error: error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed
Tue Jul 12 23:40:40 2016 TLS Error: TLS object -> incoming plaintext read error
Tue Jul 12 23:40:40 2016 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

2016-07-12 23:40:40,487 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Tue Jul 12 23:40:40 2016 SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting

2016-07-12 23:40:42,494 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Tue Jul 12 23:40:42 2016 UDPv4 link local: [undef]
Tue Jul 12 23:40:42 2016 UDPv4 link remote: [AF_INET]208.167.254.12:1198

i think this looks like the certs havent updated, if you look in the /config/openvpn/ folder, if the names of the files dont match below then your still using the old certs:-

ca.rsa.2048.crt
crl.rsa.2048.pem

if this is the case then try the procedure again,  this should create the above files.

canvasing for interest, who would like to see an option adding to allow users to decide whether they wanted to use the default encryption (currently selected) or the stronger encryption type, its a bit of work, wont bother if its not required.

To use the stronger encryption copy the 4096 files and the ovpn that you want. Open the file to verify port and protocol I think it is 1397 -- not at my computer to verify. Worked for me last night. Only issue is updated to a dev version which the site I connect to doesn't allow.

To use the stronger encryption copy the 4096 files and the ovpn that you want. Open the file to verify port and protocol I think it is 1397 -- not at my computer to verify. Worked for me last night. Only issue is updated to a dev version which the site I connect to doesn't allow.

yeah you got it, procedure is actually in the rtorrentvpn thread as i guided peter through it, if this is in high demand then i can create and env var to flip between the two and do all this for you. im going to take a look at the dev0 build.