[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

@binhex love the build, been looking for something like UnRaid + docker image to automate torrents.  Shot you a couple beers via PayPal. 

Think I can't seem to get working, is integration with Sonarr + delugeVPN to move the completed files when they are done.  Seeding set low so they will auto stop, but delugevpn for some reason with the label 'tv-sonarr' can't seem to move the files.  Is there something I can check to understand why between the docker images they might not be able to move completed torrents?

Side note, sabnzbd + sonarr, I can get the files to be handled by sonarr and moved into the /tv_shows folder.

Did a quick search and didn't see anyone having this question, so if this is a duplicate I apologize in advance.  

I have a problem when using delugevpn, i get the following in my log:

2017-10-26 07:35:09,269 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Thu Oct 26 07:35:09 2017 write UDP: Operation not permitted (code=1)

2017-10-26 07:35:11,652 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Thu Oct 26 07:35:11 2017 write UDP: Operation not permitted (code=1)

2017-10-26 07:35:15,224 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Thu Oct 26 07:35:15 2017 write UDP: Operation not permitted (code=1)

2017-10-26 07:35:15,224 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Thu Oct 26 07:35:15 2017 write UDP: Operation not permitted (code=1)

I have your sabnzbdvpn container as well and that works flawlessly, and i use the same ovpn conf and certs as that container use. What seems to be the problem here?

EDIT: It seems to work when i enable the debug option, which is odd. Also, deluge does not seem to save any settings i do via the webUI. For example, when i enable the two plugins Label and Extractor and then restart the container, the plugins are gone.

Edited by peeqi
8 hours ago, mkyb14 said:

@binhex love the build, been looking for something like UnRaid + docker image to automate torrents.  Shot you a couple beers via PayPal. 

Think I can't seem to get working, is integration with Sonarr + delugeVPN to move the completed files when they are done.  Seeding set low so they will auto stop, but delugevpn for some reason with the label 'tv-sonarr' can't seem to move the files.  Is there something I can check to understand why between the docker images they might not be able to move completed torrents?

Side note, sabnzbd + sonarr, I can get the files to be handled by sonarr and moved into the /tv_shows folder.

Did a quick search and didn't see anyone having this question, so if this is a duplicate I apologize in advance.  

This is probably due to the docker gotcha that you have to use the same path for /data across docker containers.

so for example this is a BAD config:-

deluge
/data = /mnt/cache/appdata/deluge
completed = /data/completed

sonarr
/data = /mnt/cache/appdata
post processing = /data/deluge/completed

reason its bad is that the volume mapping for /data is inconsistent across containers

and now a GOOD config:-

deluge

sonarr
post processing = /data/completed

reason its good is that the volume mapping for /data IS consistent across containers

another explanation of it:-

https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/?page=2#comment-566086

edit - oh and thanks for the donation, always very appreciated! :-)

Edited by binhex

Thanks for the docker image! Currently i'm having issues with the VPN connection. If i disable the VPN connection everything is fine. NordVPN is my VPN provider. The docker image is used on my Synology device.

Im now stuck at:

2017-10-26 14:33:35,324 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[debug] Waiting for valid IP address from tunnel...

Before that, i noticed this line:

Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in [CMD-LINE]:1: auth-user-pass (2.4.1)
Use --help for more information.

I have everything running on a Ubuntu 16.04 environment with the same credentials without issues, so it can't be the credentials (can it?). But there it is credentials.txt and not credentials.conf, but that shouldnt be an issue.

Full log is attached.

supervisord.log

Edited by darthf1
43 minutes ago, darthf1 said:

Thanks for the docker image! Currently i'm having issues with the VPN connection. If i disable the VPN connection everything is fine. NordVPN is my VPN provider. The docker image is used on my Synology device.

Im now stuck at:

[debug] Waiting for valid IP address from tunnel...

Before that, i noticed this line:

Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in [CMD-LINE]:1: auth-user-pass (2.4.1)
Use --help for more information.

I have everything running on a Ubuntu 16.04 environment with the same credentials without issues, so it can't be the credentials (can it?). But there it is credentials.txt and not credentials.conf, but that shouldnt be an issue.

Full log is attached.

supervisord.log

this is the issue:-

VPN_OPTIONS defined as 'no'

not sure why you set it to a value of 'no' ?, but its used to define additional vpn options, unless you know what you're doing this should have a blank value, or not defined at all.

Edited by binhex
30 minutes ago, binhex said:

this is the issue:-

VPN_OPTIONS defined as 'no'

not sure why you set it to a value of 'no' ?, but its used to define additional vpn options, unless you know what you're doing this should have a blank value, or not defined at all.

That are some great debugging skills! Im unsure why it is defined as NO, as i dont have this option set at the moment. Is there a way to override this? Because i cannot leave VPN_OPTIONS empty in the Docker GUI in Synology.

2 minutes ago, darthf1 said:

That are some great debugging skills! Im unsure why it is defined as NO, as i dont have this option set at the moment. Is there a way to override this? Because i cannot leave VPN_OPTIONS empty in the Docker GUI in Synology.

it must be set for it to have a value of 'no', this will not and is not set to any sort of default value, if you cant have a blank value then simply remove the following line from the docker run command:-

-e VPN_OPTIONS=<whatever its set to>

37 minutes ago, binhex said:

it must be set for it to have a value of 'no', this will not and is not set to any sort of default value, if you cant have a blank value then simply remove the following line from the docker run command:-

-e VPN_OPTIONS=<whatever its set to>

Thats the thing with Synology, you dont have the docker run command but you provide environment variables in the GUI. In the GUI i didnt have the VPN_OPTIONS set, but i think i recall i had it initially set. I removed it afterwards but apparently it stuck. So i removed the docker image entirely and reinstalled without the VPN_OPTONS parameters and everything is fixed now.

Thank you very much!

Hi,

First of all, a big thanks to you binhex for your work and for disseminating it freely.

I am using perfect privacy VPN and have tried setting up delugeVPN with it. Unfortunately i can't seem to get it working.

I put one .ovpn from my VPN provider in the openvpn folder of Deluge.

I removed the following lines from the .ovpn file:

tun-ipv6

down /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf
up /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf

I also set the NAME_SERVERS to the dns server from perfect privacy for the location I chose (Zurich). However, the page of the webgui is still blank

Any idea as to what my issue is?

supervisord.log

I had to change my PIA password today, but I cannot get the new password to stick in the deluge (or SAB) setup.  I've tried just editing the value in the screen then saving, and I tried hitting the edit button next to the value, updating it there, saving that, then saving the whole settings page, but that doesn't save the new value either.

How do I get it to save the new value?

13 minutes ago, JustinChase said:

I had to change my PIA password today, but I cannot get the new password to stick in the deluge (or SAB) setup.  I've tried just editing the value in the screen then saving, and I tried hitting the edit button next to the value, updating it there, saving that, then saving the whole settings page, but that doesn't save the new value either.

How do I get it to save the new value?

delete "credentials.conf" from 

/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn/openvpn/

and then edit the container again with your new passwd

On 10/26/2017 at 2:27 AM, binhex said:

This is probably due to the docker gotcha that you have to use the same path for /data across docker containers.

so for example this is a BAD config:-

deluge

sonarr
/data = /mnt/cache/appdata
post processing = /data/deluge/completed

reason its bad is that the volume mapping for /data is inconsistent across containers

and now a GOOD config:-

deluge

sonarr
post processing = /data/completed

reason its good is that the volume mapping for /data IS consistent across containers

another explanation of it:-

https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/?page=2#comment-566086

edit - oh and thanks for the donation, always very appreciated! :-)

Making sure I have this clear.

you have an SSD cache, and you setup your docker's to reside on that for speed.  

/mnt/cache/appdata/

you need a folder to share similar download paths for all your clients.

/mnt/cache/appdata/Downloads/

You point deluge which takes completed torrents and point it within the docker settings to /mnt/cache/appdata/Downloads/ and then within the gui, you point it to /mnt/cache/appdata/Downloads/  for finished files and Downloads/incomplete until they are finished and moved back one directory to /Downloads.

Within Sonarr you point the docker path for downloads to /mnt/cache/appdata/Downloads/

- allowing it to handle any files within /mnt/cache/appdata/Downloads/

I was getting mixed up not realizing each app was creating it's own /appdata/deluge/completed/ folder etc and I had created a folder under /mnt/user/Downloads/ and wondering why I kept downloading files, sonarr telling me they were 100% completed, but no files showing under the sonarr gui etc.

I've since moved all the files using krusader from the appdata/deluge/downloads/completed/ folder to the /mnt/appdata/Downloads/ to see if sonarr will pick up the files and move them appropriately. 

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 11.26.06 AM.png

22 minutes ago, mkyb14 said:

Making sure I have this clear

Close I think.

In your Deluge docker configuration you’ll have a path named /data. This is where all data will be stored. Example- /mnt/cache/deluge

In your Deluge settings you would add folders to this location. Typically something like :

/data/incomplete (for files currently downloading)

/data/completed (for files which have completed and are seeding)

/data/watched (if your using auto add aka black hole)

/data/torrents (if your creating a backup torrent file)

In Sonarr and Radarr you would set the /data path to match the one used in Deluge-

/mnt/cache/deluge in this example.

You can set /data to any path, but it’s better not to use a path to a parity protected share. Writing to parity can be very slow and doing it with multiple torrents at the same time can cause performance issues. Cache is often used but I believe any drive that’s not a part of your array will probably work equally well. I use a spinner mounted via Unassigned Devices plugin.

Edited by wgstarks
4 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Close I think.

In your Deluge docker configuration you’ll have a path named /data. This is where all data will be stored. Example- /mnt/cache/deluge

In your Deluge settings you would add folders to this location. Typically something like :

/data/incomplete (for files currently downloading)

/data/completed (for files which have completed and are seeding)

/data/watched (if your using auto add aka black hole)

/data/torrents (if your creating a backup torrent file)

In Sonarr and Radarr you would set the /data path to match the one used in Deluge-

/mnt/cache/deluge in this example.

You can set /data to any path, but it’s better not to use a path to a parity protected share. Writing to parity can be very slow and doing it with multiple torrents at the same time can cause performance issues. Cache is often used but I believe any drive that’s not a part of your array will probably work equally well. I use a spinner mounted via Unassigned Devices plugin.

so is /data a symlink of sorts to /mnt/cache/deluge?

right now, I've got sabnzbd and deluge that I need to point to the same /Downloads location, that way if one or the other download service uses the same folder for sonarr to read.  That's why I was looking at /mnt/cache/appdata/Downloads/ as the main path.

so going back to your second paragraph, knowing I have deluge and sabnzbd running, /data/incomplete is not sandboxed to deluge only?

I'm new to docker, been using VM's for years, so wrapping my head around this. 

I guess let me re-think/say this.

Where should one make the directories for a shared download path, using applications like sonarr/radarr in conjunction with torrents/usenet?

I'm trying to differentiate between /mnt/cache/ or /mnt/user/  I'm assuming one is the ssd cache drive location and the other is the combination of all the movie folders auto spread across the drives?

25 minutes ago, mkyb14 said:

so is /data a symlink of sorts to /mnt/cache/deluge?

Yes

12 minutes ago, mkyb14 said:

Where should one make the directories for a shared download path, using applications like sonarr/radarr in conjunction with torrents/usenet?

Your cache will work assuming it has enough capacity. You just need to be sure you use the same path for /data in each docker. And be sure that any share you create on the cache is set to "cache prefer" so mover doesn't move it.

14 minutes ago, mkyb14 said:

I'm trying to differentiate between /mnt/cache/ or /mnt/user/  I'm assuming one is the ssd cache drive location and the other is the combination of all the movie folders auto spread across the drives?

/mnt/cache or /mnt/diskX would be the path to a single disk where X=disk# (disk1, disk2, etc)

/mnt/user/sharename would be the path to a share

I don’t see any problem in that part of the configuration. Probably should attach deluged.log and supervisord.log. Both are located in /config/binhex-delugevpn/. Maybe @binhex or someone else will see some issues. You didn’t include the bottom half of your docker configuration so I don’t know exactly what the /config path is. Probably /mnt/cache/appdata/.

1 hour ago, mkyb14 said:

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 9.59.47 AM.png

it looks like you deleted the container path for /config as i cant see one in your screenshot (or the previous one), without this the container doesn't have anywhere to write configuration to, you either need to start again and delete the container or re-add in the container path back in. 

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

/config only shows up under Show Advanced Settings (or Show More Settings if running 6.4)

thats not the case for me @Squid running 6.3.5 in basic view i can see /config without toggling "show advanced settings" maybe its the way i have the template defined, i might of even messed with it so its now a custom value during debug of user issues, who knows but i def can see it :S

@mkyb14 but feel free to do this to confirm if /config is show as a container path by toggling that option.