[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

1 hour ago, raidserver said:

Change the name of the folder with the new release.

When the add torrent options box appears before you add a new torrent i click options and where it says data/incomplete i change it to data/completed. ( assuming your dir structure and shares are default) If not move the files back into incomplete then rename the folder with new name.

this will check what you have and complete the new release.

Best keep this chatter away from Binhex`s DelugeVPN support thread :)

Oh, I was advised to put it in here?  I have Binhex's DelugeVPN actually, not just Deluge.

Ah, so I need to point data to where the actual files are?

9 hours ago, binhex said:

have you setup port forwarding with your VPN provider (NOT your router)? unless you do this your speeds will be low.

Have a read of the newbie guide 

To be honest, I could use a little help here.  I'm totally new to this.  I'm not sure what to forward the port to.  I see in AIRVPN they have a Port Forward section where I can fill out various options

I can enter a number or have the system generate one

then select the protocol such as udp & tcp

Local Port

DDNS

I have no idea what to put for the last two

13 minutes ago, raidserver said:

rename the folder MAME 0.190 ROMs  to the new name MAME 0.191 ROMs

Move the whole folder back into the incomplete folder.

Remove old torrent (not with data!)

Add new torrent. It will check files and resume.

Is there a way I can symlink from incomplete to the folder that the actual files are in?  I don't really want to have to move them every time as its over 100Gb.

Youtube

Spaceinvaderones`s video outlining how to setup and use Krusader which can move files around the array.

Or like i said you can easily rename the taget directory from within the options tab when adding a new torrent.

So instead of data/incomplete it will be data/completed.(no need to move files this way)

Edited by raidserver

Not sure if what I did was right but it didn't make a difference.

I used the port forwarded in Airvpn to create a port forward.  Then went into deluge and for incoming port changed it from the 58846 to the new port number generated.  Then went to the docker and restarted it.  Went back into Deluge and speed is the same...

Did I do something wrong?

Hmm maybe spoke to soon.  I'm getting up to 4 MiB/s.  I think I'm good.
It sounds good to me, there are websites your can use to check your have a working incoming port, but on the face of it if your speeds are better then you have port forwarding setup correctly

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, binhex said:

well its tricky, i think the reason it think there is a syn flood attempt is due to the multiple connections that torrent clients make, this is just the nature of torrents, you have a lot of inbound and outbound connections, its how it's designed, your options are, try the modifications to the kernel shown in your post, ignore it, try reducing the number of connections defined in deluge config, switch to using usenet.

should be as simple as putting those two lines in your go file, thats it. assuming file /etc/sysctl.conf exists?

Just in case anyone else is getting syn flooding errors, I managed to fix it with a LOT of help.

Create a file named sysctl.conf in /boot/config with contents-

net.core.somaxconn = 2048
net.ipv4.tcp_max_syn_backlog = 1024

These values are optional.

Add a line to /boot/config/go-

#syn flooding changes
/sbin/sysctl -p /boot/scripts/sysctl.conf

Changes will be applied on reboot.

Nevermind. Didn’t work. Still get the syn flooding errors even with setting up to 4096.

Edited by wgstarks
On 11/19/2017 at 12:24 PM, Lytic said:

Does anyone have any ideas about my issue? I only have 10 more days on my unRAID trial and I can't commit to purchasing it if I continue having this issue.

By the way, here is a section of my log file. It looks like SYN flooding may be connected to my connection problems?

Nov 19 03:58:42 unRAID kernel: docker0: port 2(veth90dd007) entered disabled state
Nov 19 03:58:42 unRAID kernel: device veth90dd007 left promiscuous mode
Nov 19 03:58:42 unRAID kernel: docker0: port 2(veth90dd007) entered disabled state
Nov 19 03:58:43 unRAID kernel: docker0: port 2(veth83ec97d) entered blocking state
Nov 19 03:58:43 unRAID kernel: docker0: port 2(veth83ec97d) entered disabled state
Nov 19 03:58:43 unRAID kernel: device veth83ec97d entered promiscuous mode
Nov 19 03:58:43 unRAID kernel: docker0: port 2(veth83ec97d) entered blocking state
Nov 19 03:58:43 unRAID kernel: docker0: port 2(veth83ec97d) entered forwarding state
Nov 19 03:58:43 unRAID kernel: eth0: renamed from veth150ac6b
Nov 19 04:23:05 unRAID kernel: TCP: request_sock_TCP: Possible SYN flooding on port 27515. Sending cookies. Check SNMP counters.

Thanks!

Just wanted to give you guys an update on the SYN Flooding issue. As it so happens, that Syn Flooding was a symptom in the log of another issue: Auto Managing on Deluge. Apparently this has been an ongoing issue for at least the last four years at certain private trackers, but the "Auto Manage" feature of Deluge makes torrents unconnectable shortly after they've completed downloading. Highlighting all of my torrents, right clicking, selecting "options", then "auto managed", and then "off" fixes all of my connectability problems and Syn Flooding no longer shows up in my log.

Unfortunately I have to manually turn off Auto Managing to each and every file after it begins downloading. Is there a way to permanently disable Auto Managing in Deluge?

Just wanted to give you guys an update on the SYN Flooding issue. As it so happens, that Syn Flooding was a symptom in the log of another issue: Auto Managing on Deluge. Apparently this has been an ongoing issue for at least the last four years at certain private trackers, but the "Auto Manage" feature of Deluge makes torrents unconnectable shortly after they've completed downloading. Highlighting all of my torrents, right clicking, selecting "options", then "auto managed", and then "off" fixes all of my connectability problems and Syn Flooding no longer shows up in my log.

Unfortunately I have to manually turn off Auto Managing to each and every file after it begins downloading. Is there a way to permanently disable Auto Managing in Deluge?

oo nice find [mention=77749]Lytic[/mention] does this also fix your syn flood issue [mention=62472]wgstarks[/mention] ?? if so i will look into seeing if i can set this to off globally in the image.

A quick Google and found this, see last post, looks trivial to implement:-

http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?t=30925

48 minutes ago, binhex said:

oo nice find [mention=77749]Lytic[/mention] does this also fix your syn flood issue [mention=62472]wgstarks[/mention] ?? if so i will look into seeing if i can set this to off globally in the image.

No ?

Still see the error after restarting the docker.

7 hours ago, binhex said:

I managed to stop the error on my server by setting max connections = 85 in the same method @Lytic was using for setting Auto Managing. I believe this will be the “per torrent” connections.

Only thing I’m not sure about though, is this really necessary? In my case, I’m not seeing any performance issues related to the syn flooding. The log entry only appears once right after docker startup and then no recurrences. If it was a constant problem wouldn’t I get a recurring log entry? Just don’t know enough about this to know if it really needs to be solved (for me at least)?

12 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Only thing I’m not sure about though, is this really necessary? In my case, I’m not seeing any performance issues related to the syn flooding

my feeling is that you are seeing the syn flood only on a restart due to the fact that you probably have multiple torrents seeding/downloading and the very fact of restarting deluge means you will get a LOT of incoming/outgoing connections in order to re-establish connections with the seeds/peers, once the connections are reestablished you don't get any subsequent syn floods, reducing the connection limit like you have done obviously will reduce the chance of hitting the limit, so in essence yes you could try reducing connection limits, or put on your shades and ignore it O0 

18 hours ago, raidserver said:

Should i be trying to open/forward any ports via my router if iam not connectable with trackers? My VPN provider apparently has port forwarding on all its servers SlickVPN.

no, opening ports on your router will do nothing, you need to identify if your vpn provider allows "port forwarding" and if so definea port and then configure deluge to use it.

• Like 1
On 16/08/2017 at 1:32 PM, tunafish said:

I also have this error trying to connect to PureVPN using their supplied linux .ovpn files.

They recommend using the following additional environment variables, but I can't get the first one to pass through to the container correctly because the plus sign "+" is being stripped. I tried escaping it "\" and wrapping it in single quotes to no avail.

NSS_HASH_ALG_SUPPORT=+MD5

OPENSSL_ENABLE_MD5_VERIFY=1

https://support.purevpn.com/openvpn-connection-issue-on-fedora

Any ideas?

Not sure if you've had an answer to this, but I couldn't find one…

Replace the + with %2B — it's being passed through a function like PHP's urldecode() at some point.

Where are you setting these? I've tried putting these settings in VPN_OPTIONS, and it falls over, complaining about invalid options to --auth-user-pass.

I've tried adding a couple of container variables, as below, and it doesn't enable MD5 verification, as the log shows.

Could somebody please explain how I can set this image up to connect to PureVPN? The only solution I've seen suggested is "get PureVPN to upgrade their certificates", which would be ideal, but also not likely to happen any time soon — and in the meantime, I have a subscription I can't use with unRAID…

Update: I've also tried removing the two variables I've added, and adding 

--setenv NSS_HASH_ALG_SUPPORT '%2BMD5' --setenv OPENSSL_ENABLE_MD5_VERIFY '1'

in VPN_OPTIONS, but this just results in a command line ending in

--auth-user-pass credentials.conf '--setenv NSS_HASH_ALG_SUPPORT '+MD5' --setenv OPENSSL_ENABLE_MD5_VERIFY '1''

which doesn't work either. Surely there must be a way to add these environment variables?

docker.png

log.txt

Further update: OK, it seems that the easy solution is to raise a ticket with PureVPN and ask them for a more up-to-date cert. You'll then need to edit the .ovpn file to change the server address to one that supports the new cert (they should provide a list of these in their reply). At least I'm up and running now…

Edited by ElectricBadger
added info

Hello Binhex,

I am having issues connecting to the webui when vpn is enabled, it works when it is disabled. I have read other posts in this forum so I have already ruled out some problems.
I have double checked my LAN network (192.168.29.0/24) and I only have one ovpn certificate in the folder.

I also made sure the docker had internet connectivity (when the vpn was disabled).

Here is my log file.

Any help is appreciated.

supervisord.txt

5 minutes ago, darrenyorston said:

I seem to regular encounter an issue with my container crashing. My web browser reports the ip address/port cannot be reached. It works fine once I restart the container though. When it's down though sab won't work. Is there a way to tell deluge to regularly reboot? It seems to happen if the container runs for more than 2-3 days.

Sure. You can use the user scripts plugin to reboot the docker on a cron schedule.

So, I've just restarted my server and also just my array and now deluge is not downloading anything. There are also "Unhandled error in Deferred" messages now. I can add torrents manually, via a link, as well as radarr/sonarr but they always add in a paused state now and won't download even if I do a force recheck or click resume. No settings have been changed. Here a pastbin of my supervisord.log: https://pastebin.com/DNuzvbb4

Any help would be appreciated

EDIT: I ended up deleting all my deluge and sonarr configs/dockers then re-adding everything. Docker logs are quiet. Now, I can connect to Deluge from Sonarr and Radarr on first setup but after a bit, nothing seems to be able to connect to it and nothing I do can get the connection back. I can now add torrents manually however. Should I move this to a Sonarr/Radarr support thread or should this be here? These are all binhex-* dockers btw. 

System.Net.WebException: The request timed out: 'http://192.168.0.136:8112/json' ---> System.Net.WebException: The request timed out
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00049] in <2fef7234205a4a009fe5995569c314ee>:0 
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x0000e] in <2fef7234205a4a009fe5995569c314ee>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x000f6] in <22414d89e85c45babce99539812a436f>:0 
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x001ca] in <22414d89e85c45babce99539812a436f>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x000b5] in <22414d89e85c45babce99539812a436f>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x0007e] in <22414d89e85c45babce99539812a436f>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00000] in <22414d89e85c45babce99539812a436f>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeProxy.AuthenticateClient (NzbDrone.Common.Http.JsonRpcRequestBuilder requestBuilder, NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeSettings settings, System.Boolean reauthenticate) [0x0005b] in <65fd07448b304721a1cf8bbfea4394c9>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeProxy.BuildRequest (NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeSettings settings) [0x0006d] in <65fd07448b304721a1cf8bbfea4394c9>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeProxy.ProcessRequest[TResult] (NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeSettings settings, System.String method, System.Object[] arguments) [0x00000] in <65fd07448b304721a1cf8bbfea4394c9>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeProxy.GetTorrentsByLabel (System.String label, NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeSettings settings) [0x00012] in <65fd07448b304721a1cf8bbfea4394c9>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.Deluge.GetItems () [0x00029] in <65fd07448b304721a1cf8bbfea4394c9>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.TrackedDownloads.DownloadMonitoringService.ProcessClientDownloads (NzbDrone.Core.Download.IDownloadClient downloadClient) [0x0000c] in <65fd07448b304721a1cf8bbfea4394c9>:0 

Edited by brianbrifri
On 20/11/2017 at 4:55 PM, StuMcBill said:

Hi, 

I've installed Deluge with the /data/ path pointing to /mnt/user/downloads.

However, I would like to use it to keep my Mame roms up to date, however, my mame roms are in /mnt/user/media/Roms/MAME 0.190 ROMs (non-merged) - which I will manually change to MAME 0.191 (0.192, 0.193 etc) when new ones come out, so when I open the torrent, I want to point it to that folder, so it can scan it and download the changed / updated ROMs.

Is there anyway I can do this with my current setup, or would I need to point the /data/path somewhere else?

Cheers,

Stewart.

I don't suppose anyone can help with this?

On 25/11/2017 at 11:54 PM, RaGer37 said:

Hello Binhex,

I am having issues connecting to the webui when vpn is enabled, it works when it is disabled. I have read other posts in this forum so I have already ruled out some problems.
I have double checked my LAN network (192.168.29.0/24) and I only have one ovpn certificate in the folder.

I also made sure the docker had internet connectivity (when the vpn was disabled).

Here is my log file.

Any help is appreciated.

supervisord.txt

i would say you have either a very slow internet connection, unstable internet connection, or isp blocking going on, looks like TLS authentication is simply timing out:-

2017-11-25 17:01:47,828 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Nov 25 17:01:47 2017 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
Sat Nov 25 17:01:47 2017 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

2017-11-25 17:01:47,829 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Nov 25 17:01:47 2017 SIGHUP[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting

you could try another endpoint such as nl.privateinternetaccess.com