[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

I'm moving the discussion of FCP not having the network running when it is dong the github check.  In my situation, the network is being messed with at about the same time as FCP is trying to do network things.  I think you should add a check for the network being up and running with a max time limit before doing the github check, etc.  I think it is just happenstance that the network is dropping out at about the time you need it to be running, especially in my case.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, dlandon said:

I'm moving the discussion of FCP not having the network running when it is dong the github check.  In my situation, the network is being messed with at about the same time as FCP is trying to do network things.  I think you should add a check for the network being up and running with a max time limit before doing the github check, etc.  I think it is just happenstance that the network is dropping out at about the time you need it to be running, especially in my case.

I think the better solution as far as FCP is concerned is to instead delay the scan done at disks_mounted by something like 30 minutes.  Problem that others have with the network issue is usually related to running pfSense as a VM in which case the startup time is significantly longer than any timeout that I would be comfortable with

I am still a little new to unRAID and I was having an issue with an application not launching so I ran CA Fix Common Problems and I received the following error:

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 127381536 bytes) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/fix.common.problems/include/tests.php on line 1586"

This is the first time I have seen this so I am not too sure how to fix it or what has caused this. Please let me know if you have any advise.

Thanks!

On 11/27/2017 at 11:08 PM, Pidoma said:

I am still a little new to unRAID and I was having an issue with an application not launching so I ran CA Fix Common Problems and I received the following error:

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 127381536 bytes) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/fix.common.problems/include/tests.php on line 1586"

This is the first time I have seen this so I am not too sure how to fix it or what has caused this. Please let me know if you have any advise.

Thanks!

You have a very large syslog.  Possibly recurring errors in it constantly.  But either way, FCP has to accomodate that.  Won't be fixed however for about 1.5 weeks (I'm AFK)

4 hours ago, GeekMajic said:

Is there the ability to schedule Extended Tests?

Not really.  You could however schedule something via user scripts plugin and execute this line:

echo "/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/fix.common.problems/scripts/extendedTest.php" | at NOW -M > /dev/null 2>&1

But there's currently no way to disable to start / finished notifications.

Thanks a lot for this plugin! I have experienced a freeze of unRAID where this will be great to preserve the logs past the required, forced reboot!

When running in this mode the syslog is continually captured to the flash drive, and a diagnostics dump is performed every 30 minutes

6 hours ago, cholzer said:

Thanks a lot for this plugin! I have experienced a freeze of unRAID where this will be great to preserve the logs past the required, forced reboot!

Just FYI that if you do not have the problems, then do not run FCP in this mode.  On a properly running, stable system if you want logs preserved after a reboot, use the Tips & Tweaks plugin instead

11 hours ago, Squid said:

Just FYI that if you do not have the problems, then do not run FCP in this mode.  On a properly running, stable system if you want logs preserved after a reboot, use the Tips & Tweaks plugin instead

I had unRAID freeze after it was running for about one week. SMB shares and webGUI did not respond anymore - I could still ping the unRAID box though.

Had to do a hard reboot of the system which meant that all logs were gone.

Troubleshooting mode should help me out here to track down the source of this freeze (should it occur again within the next 14 days), right? Or should I use the Tips & Tweaks plugin instead. :)

Edited by cholzer
On 11/27/2017 at 11:08 PM, Pidoma said:

Thanks!

*Should* be fixed on today's update.  But kinda hard for me to test for it

On 12/7/2017 at 9:01 AM, zin105 said:

I keep getting "Unable to communicate with GitHub.com" all of a sudden although internet and DNS lookups works fine from unRAID.

How do you know internet and DNS lookups work fine?

The github test is the test to see if your server has internet connectivity (so that unRaid etc can check for updates, etc) and is a simple ping to github.com

Could also be that when you were running the tests github was down.

I'm seeing this same behavior. Fix Common Problems reports it's unable to communicate with github.com but all internet connectivity, including to github.com works from the host.
At what point are you seeing this? Only at the initial array start or on all subsequent scans?