[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

30 minutes ago, quinnmjcj said:

That wasn't my issue - I understand that - what I don't understand is why it says the port is not available or changed, when it is available.

FCP checks the template supplied vs what is actually running.  Those ports are specified in the template, but do not exist in the data structure about the container itself.

Or put simpler,

In host mode, there are no mapped ports.  Doesn't matter if they appear on the template or not (and they probably do).  They do not exist in a mapping.  Assuming that you still have the ports displayed when you edit the container, your can change the host mapping for port 5050 all day long, and the container will still only respond to port 5050 due to the host setting.

or to put it another way,

FCP tends to highlight stuff that trips people up.  Ultimately it comes down to

• My opinion, and community members on what is right / wrong based upon various threads around here.
  • In the case of anything app related, the maintainers of the app's template that dictates FCP's analysis.
  • Some of the issues which are tagged as errors / warnings will not actually hinder the operation of your server / apps, so long as you know what you are doing.  This is one of them.  (Although I honestly can't think of a valid reason for switching from bridge to host - at least not for something like CP)

You have a point that its a bit redundant in this case, but the errors are valid.  If you want to run the container in host mode, then ignore them all.

Edited by Squid
  • 1 month later...

I got my Unraid running on ESXI and I get the following:

Errors Found Suggested Fix  
Invalid folder hgfs contained within /mnt Generally speaking, most times when other folders get created within /mnt it is a result of an improperly configured application. This error may or may not cause issues for you
Warnings Found Suggested Fix  
happy_face.gif No Warnings found
Other Comments Comments  
CPU possibly will not throttle down frequency at idle

Your CPU is running constantly at 100% and will not throttle down when it's idle (to save heat / power). This is because there is currently no CPU Scaling Driver Installed. Seek assistance on the unRaid forums with this issue

Is there any way to have troubleshoot mode write to a location that is not on the boot drive?  I have an issue that I need to troubleshoot but it only happens every 2ish weeks.  I'd love to just plug in another thumb drive that i'm not booting from and have it write to that instead to save wear on the boot drive.  I guess this is probably possible with a symlink, but i figured I would ask here before trying that out.

On 5/19/2017 at 1:30 AM, jelzinga said:

hmm could not edit the post; but as far as I see the invalid folder hgs in /mnt is coming from host-guest filesystem and shouldn't be any issue ? 

I'm abit at a loss about the CPU throttle thing, anything I can do about it ?

Can't remember 100% the issue I found on the forums that prompted the thing about /mnt, but if you've got no problems, then just ignore it.

The CPU throttle thing I would hazard a guess that its because your system is running as a VM.  No idea if your CPU is actually throttling down or not.  You can tell with this command:

cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep MHz

20 hours ago, djuniah said:

Is there any way to have troubleshoot mode write to a location that is not on the boot drive?  I have an issue that I need to troubleshoot but it only happens every 2ish weeks.  I'd love to just plug in another thumb drive that i'm not booting from and have it write to that instead to save wear on the boot drive.  I guess this is probably possible with a symlink, but i figured I would ask here before trying that out.

Personally, I wouldn't worry so much about the wear and tear on the flash drive.  They aren't that fragile, and transfers of registrations are super easy.

But, I'm not going to support putting the tail onto any other device as the boot drive is the only persistent storage device that is guaranteed to always be available.

Rather than try to link files, you can just tail it yourself with something like tail  -f /var/log/syslog > /whereEverMountPoint/syslog.txt   You won't however get the extra debugging information that may or may not shed any clues on the issue.

• Upvote 1
On 5/20/2017 at 10:44 AM, Squid said:

Personally, I wouldn't worry so much about the wear and tear on the flash drive.  They aren't that fragile, and transfers of registrations are super easy.

But, I'm not going to support putting the tail onto any other device as the boot drive is the only persistent storage device that is guaranteed to always be available.

Rather than try to link files, you can just tail it yourself with something like tail  -f /var/log/syslog > /whereEverMountPoint/syslog.txt   You won't however get the extra debugging information that may or may not shed any clues on the issue.

Totally understandable, I appreciate the reply.  I'll just back up the drive and then enable it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is specific to 6.3.5, or if this has been there for some time, but I'm seeing an error related to the delugevpn docker container port...

" Docker Application delugevpn, Container Port 58946 not found or changed on installed application"

I'm actually seeing this error listed twice, with exactly the same message.  I checked the delugevpn settings, and I don't see any issues...

deluge.jpg

2 minutes ago, JustinChase said:

I'm not sure if this is specific to 6.3.5, or if this has been there for some time, but I'm seeing an error related to the delugevpn docker container port...

" Docker Application delugevpn, Container Port 58946 not found or changed on installed application"

I'm actually seeing this error listed twice, with exactly the same message.  I checked the delugevpn settings, and I don't see any issues...

deluge.jpg

Port 58946 isn't listed in your template, but it is in the template supplied by binhex

42 minutes ago, Squid said:

Port 58946 isn't listed in your template, but it is in the template supplied by binhex

Right, but I never changed it (at least I don't remember doing so), so how do I stop it complaining?  I don't care which port it uses, I just want to eliminate any "errors" going forward?  I don't see any easy way to change 58846 to 58946, nor do I know any reason to do so, other than to get the errors to stop?

ideas?

If everything is fine as is, hit Ignore.  Ideally, ask in Binhex's thread about the ramifications of not having that port defined in your template.  (BTW, IIRC @binhex's template references both 58846 and 58946, so simply changing your container port is just going to change the wording (ie the port number) that FCP is complaining about)

Hi @Squid, how would you feel about adding application-specific checks to FCP?

CrashPlan is a set-it-and-forget-it type of program, once things are working people typically ignore it and can go months with no idea that there are problems. FCP can help by alerting users to common error conditions.

I'm thinking the logic would be something like this:

• If a CrashPlan docker is installed, find the /config mapping.  i.e. /mnt/cache/appdata/CrashPlan
  • Scan /mnt/cache/appdata/CrashPlan/log/service.log.0 for "inotify.InotifyManager] Unable to add watch for path". If found, show an error saying "CrashPlan is returning an error when attempting to watch a file.  Use the Tips and Tweaks plugin to increase the Max User Watches."  Example log file
  • Scan /mnt/cache/appdata/CrashPlan/log/service.log.0 for "OutOfMemoryError occurred...RESTARTING!". If found, show an error saying "You need to increase the amount of memory available to CrashPlan. See instructions in the support thread for your docker." (I can PM a file with this if it helps)

For added complexity... the service.log.0 appears to rotate based on size, not on restarts. So if an error is acknowledged on line 1000, ideally that same line wouldn't trigger another error on next run.

@Squid any thoughts on allowing for plugable extension scripts to CA Fix Common Problems that can be installed from other Plugins or even Dockers? That way you dont need to maintain them but it could provide another layer of sanity checks for the other devs if their items are FCP aware.

Yeah, still a possible can of worms but it wouldnt be your can.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a message "Your server has detected hardware errors. You should install mcelog via the NerdPack plugin, post your diagnostics and ask for assistance on the unRaid forums. The output of mcelog (if installed) has been logged"

I installed "mcelog" but where is the LOG at?  Is it in the basic unraid log

Edited by squirrellydw

Extended Test does not fix anything.  (Because it does not know if the permissions are what you actually want)

Docker Safe New Permissions fixes the permissions on everything but the docker appdata share, and any additional shares you set.

17 minutes ago, Squid said:

Extended Test does not fix anything.  (Because it does not know if the permissions are what you actually want)

Docker Safe New Permissions fixes the permissions on everything but the docker appdata share, and any additional shares you set.

Where do i find this on the plugin i can't seem to locate that.