[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

Odds on you've got an open browser session from before the boot still running.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Ding Ding, we have a winner, that appears to exactly have been the case for that issue, now a new issue:

Warning: basename() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/fix.common.problems/include/tests.php on line 837

when accessing FCP via Settings just above the "Errors Found" section.

Cheers!

Same here, right after 6.3.1 upgrade. Restarted (Chrome) browser and still having this warning.

That's going to be related to the template errors that necessitated an update to CA.  I'll fix tonight

Just pulled the latest and appears to be fixed in version 2017.02.13. Thanks Squid!

Hi, I get this error

Warning: basename() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/fix.common.problems/include/tests.php on line 837

after only changing this in Unraid:

-installing Tips and Tweaks (did change the following:

Disable NIC Flow Control?: yes

Disable NIC Offload?: yes

Disk Cache 'vm.dirty_background_ratio' (%): 5

Disk Cache 'vm.dirty_ratio (%): 10

Disable FTP Server & Telnet?: yes

-adding to my syslinux:

isolcpus=2,3,6,7

My server keeps running, just want to make sure waht can cause this. I posted here: https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=56527.msg539414#msg539414

also another error I got when re-starting the server.

Today after running fix common problems I got the first error I described at the beginning of this post.

Rgds.

Thx for the update Squid. Now it is solved!

I'm getting this error displayed several times when I open the plugin:

If you update to latest version it should be fixed. There are many posts about this above your post  ;)

I'm getting this error displayed several times when I open the plugin:

If you update to latest version it should be fixed. There are many posts about this above your post  ;)

ahhhhh.....

G'day,

I recently added Fix Common Problems. I am getting the message all the time that:

"Default docker appdata location is not a cache-only share. If the appdata share is not set to be cache-only, then the mover program will cause your docker applications to become inoperable when it runs (6.1.x). Under 6.2, this setting should not affect the operation of the application, but it will definitely impact significantly the performance of the application. Fix it via appdata settings."

When I click on the link, which takes me to the Share settings for appdata "Use cache disk" is selected as Yes. Is there something else I need to do?

G'day,

I recently added Fix Common Problems. I am getting the message all the time that:

"Default docker appdata location is not a cache-only share. If the appdata share is not set to be cache-only, then the mover program will cause your docker applications to become inoperable when it runs (6.1.x). Under 6.2, this setting should not affect the operation of the application, but it will definitely impact significantly the performance of the application. Fix it via appdata settings."

When I click on the link, which takes me to the Share settings for appdata "Use cache disk" is selected as Yes. Is there something else I need to do?

Should be set to "Only" or "Prefered" if you have that option.

I set it to "Only". Apparently it did not work however as I am getting the message "**** Share appdata set to cache-only, but files / folders exist on the array **** 

I have now changed it to "prefer".

Why have "Only" and "Preferred" if "Preferred" is the what it should be set on?

My fault. I had meant that you should use "Prefered"  if it was available, but I didn't express that very well.

I put together a little table that may be helpful.

Table of Cache drive options and behaviors

C=Cache drive

D=Data drive(s)

Cache:No   

Cache:Yes   

Cache:Only 

Cache:Prefer

Data should be on: 

D

C+D

C

C+D

New files first to:   

D

C

C

C

Files overflow to:

-

D

-

D

Mover moves:

No

C to D

No

D to C

Orphaned files: 

C

-

D

-

Notes:

- Orphaned files are those files located where they don't belong (e.g. files on D with Cache: Only), and won't be moved by the Mover

- Files on both C and D are still visible in shares, for all options

- Shares are all root folders on all array data and Cache drives

- New files overflow to the secondary destination when there is not enough space on the preferred destination.

Only could probably be done away with now.

The function needs to remain, but it could do with a renaming.

I purposely have shares that I keep data manually switched between fast SSD cache and slower array disks, based on usage. I need that share to write new files to the cache drive, since fresh files are typically referenced frequently for a while. As the data ages, I manually move it to the array folders so it's still available, but not high priority.

An automatic version of what I manually do has been discussed in the past.

I purposely have shares that I keep data manually switched between fast SSD cache and slower array disks, based on usage. I need that share to write new files to the cache drive, since fresh files are typically referenced frequently for a while. As the data ages, I manually move it to the array folders so it's still available, but not high priority.

Hadn't considered that. An excellent adaptation of a builtin feature.

There has always been some confusion with the Use cache feature, and it perhaps got even more confusing when Prefer was implemented. I like the current functionality with the 4 choices, but even if you spelled out exactly what the 4 choices do in the webUI I think some users would still be confused unless you went to a lot more trouble to discuss possible scenarios for each as you have done here for cache-only.

Hadn't considered that. An excellent adaptation of a builtin feature.

There has always been some confusion with the Use cache feature, and it perhaps got even more confusing when Prefer was implemented. I like the current functionality with the 4 choices, but even if you spelled out exactly what the 4 choices do in the webUI I think some users would still be confused unless you went to a lot more trouble to discuss possible scenarios for each as you have done here for cache-only.

I heard trurl's hint - and I've added scenarios to the FAQ entry.  Feel free to edit, expand, or offer improvements.

Hi, 

Could I get assistance in deciphering the following Call Trace?  Also what are some resources to help figure out future errors because google search was not the most helpful?

Thanks!

Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: CPU: 0 PID: 0 Comm: swapper Not tainted 4.9.8-unRAID #1
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: Hardware name: System manufacturer System Product Name/P7H55-M LE, BIOS 0801    09/07/2012
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: ffffffff81c03d60 ffffffff813a34fa ffffffff81c03db0 ffffffff81988d29
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: ffffffff81c03da0 ffffffff8104d04c 0000034c81c03e18 ffffffff81e2801c
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: ffffffff81e28058 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000014140
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: Call Trace:
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: [<ffffffff813a34fa>] dump_stack+0x61/0x7e
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: [<ffffffff8104d04c>] __warn+0xb8/0xd3
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: [<ffffffff8104d0f4>] warn_slowpath_fmt_taint+0x3f/0x47
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: [<ffffffff81cef157>] ? __early_ioremap+0x13e/0x1b7
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: [<ffffffff81475d16>] warn_invalid_dmar+0x70/0x7d
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: [<ffffffff8167571b>] dmar_validate_one_drhd+0x8e/0xa0
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: [<ffffffff81475703>] dmar_walk_remapping_entries+0xe6/0x113
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: [<ffffffff81d01de1>] detect_intel_iommu+0x54/0xd1
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: [<ffffffff8167568d>] ? xen_swiotlb_init+0x3ab/0x3ab
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: [<ffffffff81cd8c8b>] pci_iommu_alloc+0x50/0x6c
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: [<ffffffff81ce3e94>] mem_init+0x17/0x9d
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: [<ffffffff81ccbc98>] start_kernel+0x1d9/0x3dc
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: [<ffffffff81ccb120>] ? early_idt_handler_array+0x120/0x120
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: [<ffffffff81ccb2d6>] x86_64_start_reservations+0x2a/0x2c
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: [<ffffffff81ccb3be>] x86_64_start_kernel+0xe6/0xf3
Feb 19 23:20:19 Hiveserver kernel: ---[ end trace 0000000000000000 ]---
On 2/18/2017 at 11:37 AM, Squid said:

Added in checks for Machine Check Events (MCE)

I've been experiencing seemingly random reboots and today when it came back up, the plugin told me hardware errors were detected, to install mcelog (done) and post my diagnostics (where are these found?). Do I need to wait for the next crash to get the mcelog data? 

Just now, Techn0mancer said:

I've been experiencing seemingly random reboots and today when it came back up, the plugin told me hardware errors were detected, to install mcelog (done) and post my diagnostics (where are these found?). Do I need to wait for the next crash to get the mcelog data? 

Yes, you will.  Ideally, put FCP into troubleshooting mode so that if the mce error causes a crash you'll still have the info.  You are going to have to reboot to clear out the mce error (if you hit ignore, then you're going to have to re-add it at the bottom of the screen)  Then after the next mce error, go to tools - diagnostics and post up the file that's downloaded.